Looks like pre-order started already from ncix canada. ETA October 11, 2016. Pre-order $699.99 CAD. It will probably be $499 USD.

Blackberry DTEK60 Unlocked LTE Android Smartphone 21MP Camera 5.5IN qHD AMOLED 4GB RAM 32GB - PRD-63036-001 - NCIX.com
    10-02-16 04:23 PM
    If correct, $499 US is a very fair price.

Posted via DTEK50
    10-02-16 06:46 PM
    Did anyone notice that the fine print on NCIX actually says final price subject to change? I think the preorder price was set at $699 due to speculation, but not because BlackBerry actually told them yet.

Although 699 CDN is not only fair, but a really good price compared to the flagship it's compared to, people still complain. Go buy a galaxy S7 or iPhone 7 off contract and see what you pay...I'll bet it's a lot more than the DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-02-16 06:56 PM
    Man some of these people are delusional about pricing.

You want everything for nothing. 599CAD for a high end smartphones is a solid fair price. Don't be a lame cheap skate.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Except it's $699, not $599 CAD.
    10-02-16 07:24 PM
    Did anyone notice that the fine print on NCIX actually says final price subject to change? I think the preorder price was set at $699 due to speculation, but not because BlackBerry actually told them yet.

Although 699 CDN is not only fair, but a really good price compared to the flagship it's compared to, people still complain. Go buy a galaxy S7 or iPhone 7 off contract and see what you pay...I'll bet it's a lot more than the DTEK60

Posted via CB10
    Not speculation. MSRP set by Ingram Micro, in turn, BlackBerry.

http://ca.ingrammicro.com/_layouts/C...30@@10@@1060CS
    10-02-16 07:25 PM
    Well I'm in no rush. I'll just wait 6 months like I did with the Priv. Watch the phone develop and then pick it up when it goes on sale. Should be in the $300-$400 range by then, go BlackBerry!

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    conite, Gajja, Bay 13 and 1 others like this.
    10-02-16 07:31 PM
    Another mistake in pricing. Should be $399 tops.

via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I think is more in the 500$ range judging by the specs. 399$ is too close to being a midrange.

But I'll wait for the launch price of the TCL 950 to com pare to the Dtek60
    10-02-16 07:46 PM
    If correct, $499 US is a very fair price.

Posted via DTEK50
    Yes it's a fair price. If people don't want security patch updates on a monthly basis, and software that keeps your device secure more than other Android smartphones then go buy your Chinese OEM'S phones such as Xiaomi, OnePlus3, Umi etc.

People that value speedy updates and security and good customer service then they will buy BlackBerry including myself. Me personally I would never pay $100 less for a Chinese OEM'S phone, I just don't need the headaches. It's not worth it.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 07:51 PM
    Well I'm in no rush. I'll just wait 6 months like I did with the Priv. Watch the phone develop and then pick it up when it goes on sale. Should be in the $300-$400 range by then, go BlackBerry!

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Sadly, this is true. I buy smartphones very often and Blackberry smartphone resale values are lower than most of android phones. Earlier this year I traded my Iphone 6S 64gb with Blackberry Priv and now Priv and resale value of Priv currently are between $200-$250 right now.
    10-02-16 07:52 PM
    Sadly, this is true. I buy smartphones very often and Blackberry smartphone resale values are lower than most of android phones. Earlier this year I traded my Iphone 6S 64gb with Blackberry Priv and now Priv and resale value of Priv currently are between $200-$250 right now.
    No doubt. I'm not sure with USD pricing but in Canada, you could still get at least $600 for that 6s on the craigslist market.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-02-16 09:36 PM
    John Chen want more support from canadian. And you know What, for Dtek 50, he ask 43% more to canadian compare to USA while the canadian $ was only 30% lower. Dont srew us another time Chen...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 11:31 PM
    Security? LOL, this is another blackberry joke. Everybody knows what android really is and trust me, as long as you stick to google play, you are in good hands for the most part. Monthly updates it's not something special now days. Google and Samsung are also releasing updates for their flagship phones.

DETK50 is priced at 430 CAD, I would pay 530 CAD for it. But anything above that is expensive, remember that blackberry phones have very little resell value unlike the iPhone.

10-03-16 12:49 AM
    Security? LOL, this is another blackberry joke. Everybody knows what android really is and trust me, as long as you stick to google play, you are in good hands for the most part. Monthly updates it's not something special now days. Google and Samsung are also releasing updates for their flagship phones.

DETK50 is priced at 430 CAD, I would pay 530 CAD for it. But anything above that is expensive, remember that blackberry phones have very little resell value unlike the iPhone.

You mean the DTEK60?

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Q10
    10-03-16 01:47 AM
    Phone should have been 499. At most 550.

The 150 premium I can live with.
    Knowing the exact same phone is available from alcatel for 399 leaves me feeling a bit sour.

Who ever makes these prices for blackberry needs to be shot.
    They pricing this like it's in high demand.

Currently only samsung and apple have any right to price what ever they want.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-03-16 01:59 AM
    Another mistake in pricing. Should be $399 tops.

unfortunately i would have to disagree, the device (original) is retailing for $399 and then Blackberry has made design alterations and added their 'special sauce' software on top. So it would at minimum have to go up by $50. At the moment it looks like its going to be $499 but we will have to wait and see.
    10-03-16 02:48 AM
    Go buy a galaxy S7 or iPhone 7 off contract and see what you pay...I'll bet it's a lot more than the DTEK60
    Posted via CB10
    Do you really think just because DTEK60 is flagship for now, can be compared to Galaxy S7 or iPhone 7? IMO, those two pack-in much more quality, features and specifications than DTEK60 and are still not bad at the current price-point.
    10-03-16 03:13 AM
    Clearly you don't know how to use it because it makes it easy to manage all permissions in one place and track them if you want.

You SERIOUSLY must be joking..... DTEK is a con. Google's Marshmallow allowed you to change app permissions. DTEK is redundant. In fact, seeing as I work in digital security - I asked a few of my colleagues what they think of DTEK. They'd never heard of it. When I showed them, they simply said: "what's the point?". Another claimed it was "almost bloatware". And how can I argue it isn't? Sure it'll tell you how many times your location was accessed but the fact is: it's useless now Marshmallow lets you control app perms. If Blackberry released this when Jellybean was out, it would have been sensational.
    10-03-16 04:56 AM
    You SERIOUSLY must be joking..... DTEK is a con. Google's Marshmallow allowed you to change app permissions. DTEK is redundant. In fact, seeing as I work in digital security - I asked a few of my colleagues what they think of DTEK. They'd never heard of it. When I showed them, they simply said: "what's the point?". Another claimed it was "almost bloatware". And how can I argue it isn't? Sure it'll tell you how many times your location was accessed but the fact is: it's useless now Marshmallow lets you control app perms. If Blackberry released this when Jellybean was out, it would have been sensational.
    Exactly, Excellent point!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 06:56 AM
    We can go back and forth about the "value" of this upcoming phone. The only TRUE value of a phone is what the public is willing to pay for it. Blackberry is not in a strong position right now and has to entice customers to come back and give them a try. I am not saying Spec wise that the 60 isn't equal to other $499 phones on the market, but those other phones do not have the reputation of Blackberry, and can base sales of their previous phones to dictate what the current price should be for their phones. Blackberry doesn't have that luxury. They are on the ropes and need to land a big punch or they may be knocked out of the game forever.

Price the phone at $349 (to undercut Alcatel), get the phone into as many hands as possible and try to generate some buzz and turn things around, At $499 only the true believers will buy it and it will be a flop economically.
    krazyatom and david7saad like this.
    10-03-16 06:57 AM
    Don't lie. The DTEK security app is something u look at once and say "great...it says excellent". Whatever that means.

For most people that is enough, I want to trust the security software and thats it.
    10-03-16 07:00 AM
    We can go back and forth about the "value" of this upcoming phone. The only TRUE value of a phone is what the public is willing to pay for it. Blackberry is not in a strong position right now and has to entice customers to come back and give them a try. I am not saying Spec wise that the 60 isn't equal to other $499 phones on the market, but those other phones do not have the reputation of Blackberry, and can base sales of their previous phones to dictate what the current price should be for their phones. Blackberry doesn't have that luxury. They are on the ropes and need to land a big punch or they may be knocked out of the game forever.

Price the phone at $349 (to undercut Alcatel), get the phone into as many hands as possible and try to generate some buzz and turn things around, At $499 only the true believers will buy it and it will be a flop economically.
    Based on their "move" out of hardware.... I'd say the "value" of buying a product that is probably already EOL... is very much in question.

For $499 it needed to come with a certificate that guarantees the owner at least two major Android updates.... Should have been released with "N" and "O" for next year should be a guarantee. But in all likelihood, Android software develpment is one of the next cut backs to be made. I doubt the develpming markets that seem to be the only ones interested in licensing BlackBerry... have any need of BlackBerry security or a hardened Android.

That said, there is no way for BlackBerry to "undercut" the company building the phone. Turn things around? Think Chen is past that point.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-03-16 07:09 AM
    It does more that just mimic and surprised you didn't look up its features of what it does in the background prior to assuming. Not sure what you mean by "digital security" since I'm in the security software and that's not a term used.
    Regardless here are the features below of DTEK.

Key Features of DTEK
    � Monitor � Know at a glance the overall security rating for your device, as well as for specific security features. You can identify whether or not you need to take any action to improve the security of your device.
    � Control � Easily change your security settings to improve the security rating for your device and specific security features.
    � Track � Turn on event logging to track what your apps are doing. Advanced tools help you track what info your apps have accessed, how it�s being used and the duration of use. This includes which apps are accessing your camera, microphone, location and personal information.
    � Alert � Be notified of specific application activities when you set up notifications.

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-03-16 07:18 AM
    Price confirmed in Romania at ILEX, biggest BlackBerry dealer (or the only one?):
    2499 RON = 462 EUR + 20% VAT.
    Available in 3 to 5 weeks.
    10-03-16 07:30 AM
    The target market doesn't exist.

Posted via CB10
    How can you say that! The target market is the same as the DTEK50's...

Oh, wait... The DTEK50 bombed didn't it...

Carry on!
    10-03-16 07:31 AM
    Based on their "move" out of hardware.... I'd say the "value" of buying a product that is probably already EOL... is very much in question.

For $499 it needed to come with a certificate that guarantees the owner at least two major Android updates.... Should have been released with "N" and "O" for next year should be a guarantee. But in all likelihood, Android software develpment is one of the next cut backs to be made. I doubt the develpming markets that seem to be the only ones interested in licensing BlackBerry... have any need of BlackBerry security or a hardened Android.

That said, there is no way for BlackBerry to "undercut" the company building the phone. Turn things around? Think Chen is past that point.
    Depends on the contract they signed with them. If they don't have MAP (Minimum Allowed Pricing) agreement and while they have stopped making hardware, they still need to sell this phone!
    10-03-16 07:35 AM
278 1234 ...