Some more pics of the actual TCL 950. This actually looks really sexy. This pic has the gold bezel. Hope they do a Gold bezel, it looks nice.

Looks promising, but I hate the fact the camera lense sticks out from the back, it seems all OEM's are doing this now.
    Is DTEK60 another Alcatel with a BlackBerry Security Feature??-tcl-950-gold-bezel.jpg

Here is the link to TCL 950 review on YouTube. You can get a better look at it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 06:47 PM
    Some more pics of the actual TCL 950. This actually looks really sexy. This pic has the gold bezel. Hope they do a Gold bezel, it looks nice.

Looks promising, but I hate the fact the camera lense sticks out from the back, it seems all OEM's are doing this now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCL 950 Gold Bezel.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	409185

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 11:41 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TCL 950 Gold Bezel.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	409185

Posted via CB10
    The camera bump has to be there if you want a good camera. A good camera, unlike what lot's of smartphone people think is not about how many megapixels it has, it's how big the sensor is, that's the best indicator of picture quality. Not only in smartphones but on professional cameras too. Bigger sensor, better performance.

To have a bigger sensor, you need a bigger distance between the lens and the sensor, that's why today's smartphones have the camera bump. That's why Priv's selfie camera is rubish, it has to be packed so tight, can't have a big sensor
    09-29-16 10:36 AM
    The camera bump has to be there if you want a good camera. A good camera, unlike what lot's of smartphone people think is not about how many megapixels it has, it's how big the sensor is, that's the best indicator of picture quality. Not only in smartphones but on professional cameras too. Bigger sensor, better performance.

To have a bigger sensor, you need a bigger distance between the lens and the sensor, that's why today's smartphones have the camera bump. That's why Priv's selfie camera is rubish, it has to be packed so tight, can't have a big sensor
    Well, technically, it's possible to have a large sensor, to remove the camera bump... and have out-of-focus photos... or have most of the sensor unused. But really, all the OEM's like the design aspect of having the bump. The bigger the bump, the more money people will pay.
    09-29-16 01:35 PM
    Well, technically, it's possible to have a large sensor, to remove the camera bump... and have out-of-focus photos... or have most of the sensor unused. But really, all the OEM's like the design aspect of having the bump. The bigger the bump, the more money people will pay.
    I wouldn't say they like the bump, Galaxy S7 reduced the bump to the S6.
    09-29-16 02:14 PM
    I wouldn't say they like the bump, Galaxy S7 reduced the bump to the S6.
    I was just being sarcastic...
    09-29-16 04:34 PM
    upps, though the last part was for real

09-29-16 04:50 PM
    You are wrong lol

TCL is Alcatel http://www.alcatelonetouch.us/about-us

Attachment 408833

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Actually, you are wrong. TCL is the parent company. They release phones under the Alcatel brand as well as TCL communications, however the reference designs are indeed by TCL.

For an example, think of TCL as Hyundai (parent company) and Alcatel is their version of Kia. Both companies release cars, most of the time they use the same platform and modify them, but they are indeed from the same company just with slight differences.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:14 AM
    Actually, you are wrong. TCL is the parent company. They release phones under the Alcatel brand as well as TCL communications, however the reference designs are indeed by TCL.

For an example, think of TCL as Hyundai (parent company) and Alcatel is their version of Kia. Both companies release cars, most of the time they use the same platform and modify them, but they are indeed from the same company just with slight differences.

Posted via CB10
    You're actually just saying what we've been saying throughout many threads here lol

Awesome stuff.
    Agreeing to agree aahahhah

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    10-01-16 10:08 AM
    Rebranding is so common - I don't think most people know or care where a product is made or who actually made it. The new Toyota Yaris sedan is a rebranded Mazda !

I take that back - people DO care, but are powerless to do anything about it.
    10-02-16 01:31 PM
    People care for the insignificant things.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-02-16 03:28 PM
    They "reduced" the bump by making the rest of the phone thicker.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 04:27 PM
    The phone is not manufactured by BlackBerry! Is NOT a true BlackBerry. BB10 ones are!

Posted via CB10
    I guess the PRIV isn't a BlackBerry either?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-03-16 07:38 AM
    The Passport, Z30 and Z10 were not manufactured by BlackBerry either. So say the boxes in which they came. Oops....
    10-03-16 08:14 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 04:52 PM
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/01/...ves-next-week/

I guess this phone goes either way... Isn't this DTEK60? Man, it's sad. BB should really stop "making" phones (unless it's something unique like Passport or Mercury) and team up with big names like Samsung, LG, Motorola and offer "Blackberry" Edition. Pure android with BB launcher and apps for $50 more. That's it.
    11-03-16 10:35 PM
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/01/...ves-next-week/

I guess this phone goes either way... Isn't this DTEK60? Man, it's sad. BB should really stop "making" phones (unless it's something unique like Passport or Mercury) and team up with big names like Samsung, LG, Motorola and offer "Blackberry" Edition. Pure android with BB launcher and apps for $50 more. That's it.
    I am trying to understand here, what would the difference be if they were to team up with Samsung, LG, Motorola? I am thinking it would be the same thing, the only difference would be the name of the "partner".

Personally, I would have loved for BlackBerry to continue making handsets, they have served me well and most of the time their build quality was quite good.

Having stated the above, I understand the predicament the company finds itself in and this path may or may not work out but they would have tried.

I still, however, do not like the way Chen handled the handset division, to me, he was clueless on that front.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 11:26 PM
92 ... 234