Before I proceed, I want to point out that my DTEK60 is NOT my primary device - I moved onto a new primary device in December, and I'm so glad that I did. The story behind that was a saga in itself.

I repurposed my DTEK60 as an alternate device exclusively for streaming apps (e.g. YouTube, Pluto TV, Netflix, etc...). A few days ago, I added a new user on the device (let's call this "User 2") - for those of you who don't know what I mean, the user is indicated by the silhouette on the upper right-hand corner of the drop-down screen, whereby you can also "Add guest."

Anyway, I added a new user (User 2), to create a separate partition on my DTEK60 device for storing certain files. Within User 2, I set up my home screens, wallpaper, apps, and everything. A few days later, after I restart my device, I can't get into the User 2 home screen! All I see is the wallpaper, an app drawer icon that absolutely DOES NOT FUNCTION AT ALL, and when I tap on the square icon on the bottom, I get a darkened screen with the text "Your recent screens appear here" - after tapping on the bottom icons in any order, the BlackBerry Launcher tile eventually shows up, but tapping into that does not yield any meaningful progress whatsoever.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to back up all of my files, before this disaster occurred.

I figured that if I installed a new launcher via the main user (the Administrator / Owner - let's call this "User 1") and disabled the BlackBerry Launcher, this would resolve the problem, and I would be able to access the contents of User 2. However, this only made matters much worse, and it did absolutely nothing to the User 2 partition - the BlackBerry Launcher in User 2 was still active and running. In essence, I succeeded in making the device almost completely unusable - the new launcher was absolutely horrible, and it completely messed up the User 1 partition. Total disaster.

I factory reset the device, as I had completely lost patience. As I mentioned, I had backed up all my files from this device. I figured that I would start fresh, and the aforementioned User 2 incident would not happen again ... I never factory reset this device before, and I figured that what happened with User 2, was simply an issue with the software infrastructure that developed over time.

But, I was wrong. I couldn't believe it.

A few days later, after setting up User 1 and User 2, history repeated itself! Again, I could not access User 2 after a short while, as the same incident occurred. One observation I made, however, is that from User 2, I was able to access the Settings, and an app that I had set up using the Convenience Key. Nevertheless, I don't know what to do to resolve this issue. I have almost given up hope - a search for answers on other sites and CrackBerry Forums yielded nothing of any use (though some OnePlus users on older devices appeared to have a similar issue to this one). In fact, to my amazement, this issue was never brought up on CrackBerry Forums, from what I could see.

INFORMATION
    Model number: BBA100-1
    Android version: 6.0.1
    Android security patch level: August 5, 2018
    Build number: ABI133

Any help in resolving this issue with the new user partition would be greatly appreciated - as can be concluded, this is clearly a serious bug in some/all DTEK60 devices (and perhaps, other devices) that will almost certainly never be resolved via a software patch.

P.S.: For whatever it's worth, I do have beginner-level experience with ADB (Android Debug Bridge). I'm not sure if that could somehow be utilized to resolve this issue, but pointing that out just in case.
    Last edited by sj10689; 08-11-20 at 09:21 AM.
    08-11-20 08:53 AM
    UPDATE: I found a little exploit within the Settings menu that is accessible from User 2:

Settings --> Storage & USB --> Apps --> BlackBerry Launcher --> Clear Data

It reset the home screens to the default configuration, but everything else is intact. I guess that's some progress... but I do expect this issue to occur again, and I don't want to have to reconfigure the home screens constantly.

It's safe to say that the issue is centered on the BlackBerry Launcher's functioning within secondary user partitions. Why, specifically? Who the hell knows...
    08-11-20 09:31 AM
    UPDATE: I found a little exploit within the Settings menu that is accessible from User 2:

Settings --> Storage & USB --> Apps --> BlackBerry Launcher --> Clear Data

It reset the home screens to the default configuration, but everything else is intact. I guess that's some progress... but I do expect this issue to occur again, and I don't want to have to reconfigure the home screens constantly.

It's safe to say that the issue is centered on the BlackBerry Launcher's functioning within secondary user partitions. Why, specifically? Who the hell knows...
    Does any of this have to do with disabling the BlackBerry Launcher itself which could be partly a base type problem? Was BBAndroid ever really intended to utilize the Guest user setting? That sounds more of Android feature that may conflict with BBAndroid unique intended security properties.
    08-11-20 09:40 AM
    Does any of this have to do with disabling the BlackBerry Launcher itself which could be partly a base type problem? Was BBAndroid ever really intended to utilize the Guest user setting? That sounds more of Android feature that may conflict with BBAndroid unique intended security properties.
    If the BlackBerry Android software developers didn't take alternate users and Guest into consideration, that would be a pretty huge oversight on their part. My understanding, though (correct me if I'm wrong), is that the BlackBerry security features were built into the kernel, so the alternate users and Guest features shouldn't be of any consequence. I think the issue is specific to the BlackBerry Launcher itself.
    08-11-20 09:56 AM
    If the BlackBerry Android software developers didn't take alternate users and Guest into consideration, that would be a pretty huge oversight on their part. My understanding, though (correct me if I'm wrong), is that the BlackBerry security features were built into the kernel, so the alternate users and Guest features shouldn't be of any consequence. I think the issue is specific to the BlackBerry Launcher itself.
    You realize I’m the 50,000 foot from top view non IT guy here right? Well, if you didn’t know, well that’s me. The last Colonel I messed around with is a cute blond that’s now married and the kernel I messed with involved popcorn

I suppose others can possibly answer better.......
    08-11-20 10:05 AM