01-22-18 06:54 PM
934 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Which is a little bit ironic since you tend to reject credible information because of your personal vendetta against Chen.
    Yes, I do have issues with chen... and I will continue to poke holes in his "fake" credibility.

Edit... point out the holes in his "fake" credibility... there's a better way to say it.
    07-07-17 10:53 AM
    Yes, I do have issues with chen... and I will continue to poke holes in his "fake" credibility.

Edit... point out the holes in his "fake" credibility... there's a better way to say it.
    What "fake" credibility. Chen steered blackberry into the only direction it could have gone and not been picked apart by bankruptcy proceedings. He's no genius and I doubt the company will ever make oodles of money, but will make themselves attractive for a buyout and give the shareholders some love. The support for the DTEK series has been laughable, but Chen isn't some embodiment of ruination that some make him out to be.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-07-17 05:50 PM
    What "fake" credibility. Chen steered blackberry into the only direction it could have gone and not been picked apart by bankruptcy proceedings. He's no genius and I doubt the company will ever make oodles of money, but will make themselves attractive for a buyout and give the shareholders some love. The support for the DTEK series has been laughable, but Chen isn't some embodiment of ruination that some make him out to be.
    Just look at how well he did with Sybase...
    07-07-17 06:19 PM
    So for you, it's a personal vendetta rather than actually seeking credible information?

hahahaha then u reject credible information because you hate blackberry particularly john chen?? loool look in the mirror dude
    07-07-17 09:34 PM
    On that note, does anyone see the similarities of what Chen did there vs what is going on with BlackBerry?

Good article here prior to the merger: Sybase CEO John Chen: Tale of a Turnaround | ITworld

I think this quote sums up what happened to hardware under the Chen BlackBerry ideology. ..."But you can't ask the customer, because there are two problems. If you ask the customer, well, they don't know what they need to know. They're expecting people like us to be a kind of advisor. And secondly, if they articulated what they needed, I'm already too late. Because, most likely, if they asked my competitors, my competitors would go in and say: "I'll you what, you ought to do this, this, and that." And then by the time [my customers] tell me, I'm too late. I'm going to play a catch-up game forever.

On page 2 he specifically mentioned making an application once and deploying for various platforms like BlackBerry and iPhone and being able to manage all those devices together. Then he goes on to discuss that they are a software company for others that have the hardware. So in a nutshell, he's turning what he is doing at blackberry to exactly what he did at Sybase. It's what he knows how to do because he's already gone down that exact path. The thing is, there was still (and still is) some nostalgia with the BlackBerry hardware, but neither he nor his predecessor listened to what the customers wanted (like the RGB LED on their devices that is missing from the DTEK60) , and then added more breakthroughs to that after satisfying the customers needs and wants. This is where apple and Samsung differ in my opinion...to a point. They give the customer what they want, but solve problems that don't exist with the new features they add such as the app swiping thing on the new Mac for example. The fingerprint scanner on the spacebar in the KEYone is an example of something that came late to the party since we know it was patented before the TCL agreement and BlackBerry could have implemented it earlier with the Passport or the silver.

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by baldy3577; 07-07-17 at 10:17 PM.
    07-07-17 09:56 PM
    Apparently the board and Prem Watsa did know how well he did with Sybase and brought him in to do exactly what he did at Sybase - set BlackBerry up for a sale where shareholders can profit.

It's been a slow slow death which has been hard to deal with - they kept making better phones but just couldn't sell them.

Apparently the Classic and Passport were actually from Laziridis as his final contributions too...
    Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 10:37 PM
    Here we go another month and another missed security patch, can we say now that the Dteck60 has been abandoned? or are the bbmobile/tcl fans still have excuses?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-08-17 05:57 PM
    Here we go another month and another missed security patch, can we say now that the Dteck60 has been abandoned? or are the bbmobile/tcl fans still have excuses?
    It came for the DTEK50, so .....
    07-08-17 06:19 PM
    Apparently the board and Prem Watsa did know how well he did with Sybase and brought him in to do exactly what he did at Sybase - set BlackBerry up for a sale where shareholders can profit.

It's been a slow slow death which has been hard to deal with - they kept making better phones but just couldn't sell them.

Apparently the Classic and Passport were actually from Laziridis as his final contributions too...
    Posted via CB10
    Did you ever think anything else? When Jim and Mike didn't move to Android in 2008/2009, did you think any other possible outcome? Even if they had moved to Android back in 2008/2009, they would have accelerated losing their BIS revenue stream that much sooner. They never had the capital or the cash flow to fight Apple, Google or Microsoft let alone the Flagship Tier 1 Android OEMs.

It was never about better phones and OS. It was always that BB wanted to milk the BIS revenue as long as possible. I truly believe that BB10 was a partial smokescreen for this strategy.
    07-08-17 06:36 PM
    It came for the DTEK50, so .....
    Lol company man till the end Conite
    07-08-17 06:55 PM
    They never had the capital or the cash flow to fight Apple, Google or Microsoft let alone the Flagship Tier 1 Android OEMs.
    Yet they somehow think they'll have the means to compete with the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and Apple in a field where they have no competence.

Amusing how some fail to see how ludicrous that is.
    07-08-17 08:25 PM
    Yet they somehow think they'll have the means to compete with the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and Apple in a field where they have no competence.

Amusing how some fail to see how ludicrous that is.
    Luckily Chen has the experience already from running Sybase for like, what 15 years... Then sold the company to SAP... I'm pretty sure Chen has this running a BILLION dollar software company thing down.

Too bad you weren't available when Fairfax/Prem were looking for a CEO... If you had been...... Imagine the possibilities....

Heck, shoot him an email, they probably are interested to do a consulting deal if you're available now....

BB11 is practically around the corner with this sudden turn of events..
    07-08-17 08:41 PM
    Too bad you weren't available when Fairfax/Prem were looking for a CEO... If you had been...... Imagine the possibilities....
    Wasn't he the reason they were looking for a new CEO in the first place?
    07-08-17 09:03 PM
    Yes. I think hiccups in delivering security patches will be the final nail in the coffin.

Fool me once, You're the *****,
    Fool ne twice , I'm the *****.

Enough being loyal, It's always better to get any other android flagship ( Google , Samsung) which provides top notch camera, performance with frequent security updates at some extra cost but its fine.
    07-09-17 04:59 AM
    hmm looks like someone did some thread cleaning. Any comments from BlackBerry about the July patch for the Dteck60?
    07-09-17 04:38 PM
    At least we can still lay claim to the most secure phone as "of May 2017"
    Willieray3 likes this.
    07-09-17 07:56 PM
    is it just BB phone that get hammered? or is it all manufacturers?

just bought a motog5 for my daughter's first phone, straight out of the box no issues or problems.
    The moto g4 plus had a huge ghost touch issue while charging. There was huge complaints and they acknowledged it but never did anything.
    07-10-17 12:07 AM
    What's comical in this entire scenario is that I'd really like to buy the device. BlackBerry still has the links to buy them but they take you to some shady Amazon seller who gives a delivery date over a month later or to an "This item is no longer available" page on Best Buy. Its looks incredibly inept that they are just letting that sit there and not taking it down.
    07-10-17 10:37 PM
    @donnation I agree on that one hehe
    07-12-17 12:58 PM
    I feel so alone here. I haven't heard from Conite in ages. by the way, still annoyed by the fate of my trusty DTEK60. I guess I'm finally accepting the truth. is there like 10 step program for getting hosed by BlackBerry?
    07-21-17 09:05 PM
    I feel so alone here. I haven't heard from Conite in ages. by the way, still annoyed by the fate of my trusty DTEK60. I guess I'm finally accepting the truth. is there like 10 step program for getting hosed by BlackBerry?
    Regrettably agree, after owning 10 BlackBerry products since the Z10. I think I will get Pixelated two buy Google after being hosed by BlackBerry.
    I also thought BB stood for Buy-Buy ,but come to the conclusion it meant bye-bye. BlackBerry has been leaving us loyal customers on the fence guessing to many times and maybe it is time to say BB. Wish they would say Yes or No if they are updating the Dtek to Nougat then we can move on.
    From a Discouraged BlackBerry Fan.
    07-21-17 11:40 PM
    it was really pathetic to hear BlackBerry basically tell us to just buy the Keyone if we want the now old Nougat OS. I'm not that surprised I guess, but if that is their attitude, how about they buy my DTEK60 back and I'll then buy a Keyone
    07-22-17 08:17 AM
    it was really pathetic to hear BlackBerry basically tell us to just buy the Keyone if we want the now old Nougat OS. I'm not that surprised I guess, but if that is their attitude, how about they buy my DTEK60 back and I'll then buy a Keyone
    Agree, A software company that only supports one phone a joke. I hope and pray they think it over again. I may have bought the KEYone, but why would I want too when they are holding software for ransom.
    Uzi and crackberry_geek like this.
    07-22-17 05:49 PM
    Agree, A software company that only supports one phone a joke. I hope and pray they think it over again. I may have bought the KEYone, but why would I want too when they are holding software for ransom.
    If you go to the Keyone forum you can see they can barely even support one phone.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-22-17 06:53 PM
    If you go to the Keyone forum you can see they can barely even support one phone.
    Haha. Good to hear we aren't the only ones suffering.
    07-22-17 07:25 PM
934 ... 3031323334 ...