Wait a minute, I thought you said BlackBerry had 3 customers selling the device? Did BlackBerry give them the shaft already?
    Well, I assumed you didn't live in India or Indonesia.
    06-28-17 01:35 PM
    This is not subjective. This is objective fact.

BlackBerry's only part in devices going forward is to supply OS builds to the licencees according to the requirements set out in the licencing agreement. That's it. Period. Full stop. This is not a matter of opinion or debate.
    Only talking about the Dtek60
    06-28-17 01:36 PM
    Only talking about the Dtek60
    Then you didn't follow the line of discussion back to the start when I responded to a statement about TCL.
    06-28-17 01:37 PM
    If you buy a device from TCL, then ONLY TCL is responsible to you. BlackBerry is just a vendor to TCL, and has zero obligation to the end user.

But, as you say, this does not apply to you and your BlackBerry (not TCL) DTEK60.
    And that is what this thread was start for the abandoned Dtek60.
    06-28-17 01:43 PM
    hey another day and another 100 posts to this topic. Can you put it at the top of the trending posts Conite?

Can you also ask Kevin if he heard back from Chen? He said he emailed him about the Priv and the Dtek series getting nougat last week.
    HughJarsse and chi-town311 like this.
    06-28-17 01:43 PM
    And that is what this thread was start for the abandoned Dtek60.
    Yes, but threads evolve and different statements get posted - which I responded to.

Before flaming someone, it is typically a worthwhile exercise to follow the specific discussion back a bit.
    06-28-17 01:44 PM
    She didn't even have a BlackBerry, that's the best part.
    Funny!
    06-28-17 01:45 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;12943170]Why? It's BlackBerry that makes the software anyway, so why insert a middle

So that maybe the debate that has gone on for several days within this thread would have a solution to the owner's of DTEk50/60 getting updates moving forward with the two year life cycle of phones that were just introduced/purchased in November of 2016. Obviously Blackberry worked a deal to get TCL branded phones and load their branded software on to them. Why can't TCL as a good faith to DTEK50/60 owners do the same and continue the support of software and OS version upgrades for the units moving forward. Really I think that is what all the owners of thee units are looking for...
    06-28-17 01:48 PM
    Then you didn't follow the line of discussion back to the start when I responded to a statement about TCL.
    Sure did, you have been the one driving the TCL car, know one was talking TCL until you kept pushing your TCL BlackBerry defense.
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 01:48 PM
    hey another day and another 100 posts to this topic. Can you put it at the top of the trending posts Conite?

Can you also ask Kevin if he heard back from Chen? He said he emailed him about the Priv and the Dtek series getting nougat last week.
    Lmao
    06-28-17 01:49 PM
    Sure did, you have been the one driving the TCL car, know one was talking TCL until you kept pushing your TCL BlackBerry defense.
    I responded only to people who said they wouldn't buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ because of the DTEK60. Look back. I never came out of nowhere with a non-relevant post.

Here is my first post:

And he agreed with me! Others took issue, and so it began.
    06-28-17 01:54 PM
    This was about DTEK60 BlackBerry Ltd abandoning. Nothing to do with KEYone. I see where Security updates are expected.... Where did they ever imply explicitly that we're due an OS upgrade on DTEK60? That's all that any legal body in any country is going to uphold in any legal action. At this point could somebody put up as they say or shut up?? I would file a complaint if this really exists. If this is just people's opinions, assumptions or buyers remorse, we don't have any legal basis against BlackBerry.
    06-28-17 02:04 PM
    I responded only to people who said they wouldn't buy a KEYᵒⁿᵉ because of the DTEK60. Look back. I never came out of nowhere with a non-relevant post.

Here is my first post:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6d7092fac4.jpg

And he agreed with me! Others took issue, and so it began.
    Your in the wrong forum then. Again with you picking what quotes you need for your blinded stance, and pushing nothing but K1. CB has a forum for that right? Anyway, tired of giving post for you all to show your advertisers without getting anywhere, and my head hurts from running into CB's new brick wall. Enjoy.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-28-17 02:33 PM
    Your in the wrong forum then. Again with you picking what quotes you need for your blinded stance, and pushing nothing but K1. CB has a forum for that right? Anyway, tired of giving post for you all to show your advertisers without getting anywhere, and my head hurts from running into CB's new brick wall. Enjoy.
    Lol.
    06-28-17 02:37 PM
    Without wading through this cluster of a thread, is it a correct assumption that the DTEK60 is no longer in production? I can't find it anywhere on Amazon or Best Buy, and was considering ordering one.
    06-28-17 03:42 PM
    Without wading through this cluster of a thread, is it a correct assumption that the DTEK60 is no longer in production? I can't find it anywhere on Amazon or Best Buy, and was considering ordering one.
    It was just a single small initial batch. Probably the minimum required by the hardware contract already signed with TCL prior to the decision to leave devices.

They've been sold out for a while.
    06-28-17 04:01 PM
    No, they are completely out of the device business. They are simply trying to extract some small value out of the Blackberry Android software by licensing it to others. They're also trying to make a few bucks out of their brand name as well. But it stops there.
    Actually, I've read that they're positioning BlackBerry for a sale.

The licensing model makes it easy for a new owner to just chop off hardware fully if they wish ie. Cancelling the contracts
    06-28-17 04:04 PM

The licensing model makes it easy for a new owner to just chop off hardware fully if they wish ie. Cancelling the contracts
    Everything is always for sale.

A new owner cannot walk away from obligations.
    06-28-17 04:05 PM

I mean that one day, we may not even have BlackBerry android to enjoy. That's a real possibility. Distant future I hope.

I can't stand android without BlackBerry.

Even though I can't stand BlackBerry's actual android hardware lloll
    06-28-17 04:07 PM

No chance, it's not about the Keyone,
    Rule No 1...ONLY Keyone is allowed to be in the 'trending posts'
    All other phones are not made by TCL, so therefore not worthy of any attention,.
    As we all know!! (one 'trending' post has about 4 or so replies, yet is 'trending' strange that!)
    06-28-17 04:35 PM

Who is "they"? What is your source? So apparently once again BlackBerry Ltd. is preparing itself to be bought? If so, who? At first glance I would think Alphabet in order to solidify government and enterprise market penetration. But Google already had its brief Motorola experience.

In my view, Apple makes more sense as a potential buyer. It can revive BlackBerry PKB phones, possibly with an iOS ecosystem, and position them for all markets: government, enterprise, and consumer. Apple could possibly use QNX technology for its new car. More importantly, Apple could keep BlackBerry's most valuable assets away from Alphabet, Tesla, Samsung, and even Amazon. With Apple as buyer of the former RIM, BlackBerry Mobile might survive, but the licensing and manufacturing deal with TCL wouldn’t. The DTEK successor devices might survive if the new buyer is contractually obligated.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-28-17 04:38 PM

Such wrong information!
    One way for them to walk away of many obligations would be under Bankruptcy protection.
    06-28-17 04:43 PM
    Such wrong information!
    One way for them to walk away of many obligations would be under Bankruptcy protection.
    Obviously.
    06-28-17 04:45 PM
    I believe I posted pages back about this being an exit strategy for blackberry AND TCL. when it's all said and done whether it's legal and good business practice, it's still a '**** move' to sell something with promises and we expect them to follow through. Then go and abandon the product after 6 months. sorry, but decisions like that are not made overnight. they knew when they sold the dtek60 that they were not going to support it but made us believe that it was going to be.... period. hastag dickmove.
    crackberry_geek and Bay 13 like this.
    06-28-17 04:57 PM
    also if they didn't know and circumstances changed? they shouldn't have kept leading us on.
    06-28-17 04:59 PM
934 ... 1516171819 ...