If you go to the Keyone forum you can see they can barely even support one phone.
    That's sad
    07-23-17 08:45 AM
    I feel so alone here. I haven't heard from Conite in ages. by the way, still annoyed by the fate of my trusty DTEK60. I guess I'm finally accepting the truth. is there like 10 step program for getting hosed by BlackBerry?
    What do you want to hear? There is nothing new to say.

DTEKs continue to get software patches, BlackBerry continues to provide support. Nougat is unlikely.

Rinse, repeat.
    07-23-17 09:11 AM
    Weird after just seeing this:

BlackBerry Gets NSA Approval to Sell Encryption Tools to US Government
    http://www.zdnet.com/video/blackberr...-nsa-approval/
    07-23-17 04:47 PM
    Weird after just seeing this:

BlackBerry Gets NSA Approval to Sell Encryption Tools to US Government
    NSA clears Blackberry to keep U.S. government communication secret - Video | ZDNet
    Not terribly weird; what was endorsed by the NSA is SecuSmart, their encrypted communication thing operating out of one of their subsidiaries. Nothing to do with their own branded hardware, which is the point.
    07-23-17 04:57 PM

DTEKs continue to get software patches, BlackBerry continues to provide support. Nougat is unlikely.

Rinse, repeat.
    Nothing. I was just reminiscing about week I spent complaining on this forum. Still upset about the situation, but yeah, nothing new.

DTEKs still getting updates... kind of.
    07-23-17 07:53 PM

Rinse, repeat.
    Which is exactly what BB are doing to us!!!
    07-24-17 04:23 AM
    I would like to buy dtek60 couse I think its a great phone, but I am scared, couse I never use android, for how long i would be able to use it with 6.0 marshmallow if there is no nougat update?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 07:22 AM
    I would like to buy dtek60 couse I think its a great phone, but I am scared, couse I never use android, for how long i would be able to use it with 6.0 marshmallow if there is no nougat update?

Posted via CB10
    Android 4.4 Kitkat from 2013 is still widely supported. Marshmallow is good for another 3-4 years at least.
    07-24-17 07:26 AM
    Thank you for answering my question, it really helps me, must change my passport but dont want do buy some ****ty iphone or samsung, so dtek is probably mine

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 07:37 AM
    Thank you for answering my question, it really helps me, must change my passport but dont want do buy some ****ty iphone or samsung, so dtek is probably mine

Posted via CB10
    Just buy a Pixel, better customer support, better security, and 2 yrs of os updates. I got a 15% discount on it through Customer service and installed the BlackBerry Hub and keyboard. Best decision I ever made. Thanks BlackBerry for pushing me to Android
    07-24-17 07:39 PM
    Just buy a Pixel, better customer support, better security, and 2 yrs of os updates. I got a 15% discount on it through Customer service and installed the BlackBerry Hub and keyboard. Best decision I ever made. Thanks BlackBerry for pushing me to Android
    How did you get the keyboard on it? It's not part of hub plus, right?
    07-24-17 09:48 PM
    How did you get the keyboard on it? It's not part of hub plus, right?
    Cobalt patched it, so it can be sideloaded.
    07-24-17 10:02 PM
    Pixel is nice but in my country hes around 700 euros, and dtek is 400...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 01:52 AM
    yea, if you want continuous support as in security patches and software upgrades, buy a Google phone and sideload cobalt apps.
    07-25-17 04:14 AM
    As the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the first ever device by BlackBerry Mobile, it is yet to be seen what the support will be like. It is completely unrelated to what BlackBerry chose to do with its own devices in the past.
    hold on blackberry Priv is the only original Blackberry then Blackberry mobile made the Dtek 50 and 60.. when it comes to support the blackberry mobile send the answer to Crackberry continue with promoting Keyone thats the news ... So nothing new for the phones which are not even a year in the market ..
    S6 by the way samsung have the nougat straight from the box I remind you guys came with the android 5.0.1 cheers ... that means they already update their phones twice!!!
    07-25-17 03:03 PM
    Pixel is nice but in my country hes around 700 euros, and dtek is 400...

Posted via CB10
    so grab a Dtek then !!
    07-25-17 03:04 PM
    hold on blackberry Priv is the only original Blackberry then Blackberry mobile made the Dtek 50 and 60..
    No. TCL was contracted by BlackBerry to build the DTEK devices, but they are still BlackBerry devices. Just like the Priv, BlackBerry distributed, marketed, and sold the DTEKs through its channels, held the inventory risk, and supports the devices as well.

Wistron manufactured the Priv for BlackBerry.
    07-25-17 03:16 PM
    So with July updates for ALL BlackBerry devices do we still say Abandoned?
    07-25-17 04:26 PM
    Let's just say that 'the jury is still out' on this one at present..one 'late, late' update, and one hastily rushed update for the Dtek50 that puts up an 'OTA update failure' and leaves you with the impression that it's a fatal error.
    What August brings (and when) will probably make things a lot clearer....
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-25-17 04:37 PM
    The Dtek60 does not have July update!
    We received the June update in July.
    07-25-17 04:50 PM
    Previous handsets made by or commissioned by BlackBerry are the done for, marginal support may continue for them but highly unlikely. BlackBerry answer to us about support for previous devices is buy a key1.

My answer to them is to kiss my battery cover, I won't spend another dime on them. I bought a Pixel and put the hub / keyboard on it and works flawlessly.
    07-25-17 07:56 PM
    Previous handsets made by or commissioned by BlackBerry are the done for, marginal support may continue for them but highly unlikely.
    You don't have a shred of information to back this up.
    07-25-17 08:00 PM
    Are you serious? Why are some still on a May security patch when we are 5 days away from August? Did you listen to last week's podcast? Kevin asked about nougat for the priv and dteks, BlackBerry response was buy a key1.

So here is your shred of information.
    07-25-17 08:05 PM
    Previous handsets made by or commissioned by BlackBerry are the done for, marginal support may continue for them but highly unlikely. BlackBerry answer to us about support for previous devices is buy a key1.

My answer to them is to kiss my battery cover, I won't spend another dime on them. I bought a Pixel and put the hub / keyboard on it and works flawlessly.
    How difficult was it to put the hub and keyboard on? As simple as installing the apps? Are you using the BlackBerry Launcher? I would love to know more about this. Considering it myself. Thanks.
    07-25-17 08:22 PM
    Except the last several months of personal experience. Give it up. DTEK60 is not even close to a priority.
    07-25-17 09:40 PM
934 ... 3132333435 ...