Seriously?
    What are the main OS improvements from Marshmallow to Nougat? For that matter, Lollipop to Marshmallow. I've always wondered because from I've never been able to really notice anything but I'm just average user. I'm not an IT person or anything.
    07-05-17 01:45 PM
    What are the main OS improvements from Marshmallow to Nougat? For that matter, Lollipop to Marshmallow. I've always wondered because from I've never been able to really notice anything but I'm just average user. I'm not an IT person or anything.
    Mostly under the hood stuff. But good under the hood stuff. Better battery and memory optimization, better hardening, and tweaked features to make things slicker and flow generally better.
    07-05-17 01:47 PM
    Mostly under the hood stuff. But good under the hood stuff. Better battery and memory optimization, better hardening, and tweaked features to make things slicker and flow generally better.
    I was expecting something, more, for all the upset feelings and pain being voiced here on CrackBerry since PRIV, DTEK, KY ONE rollout.
    07-05-17 01:56 PM
    I was expecting something, more, for all the upset feelings and pain being voiced here on CrackBerry since PRIV, DTEK, KY ONE rollout.
    Like something magical from Apple?
    07-05-17 01:57 PM
    Here you go again trying to start trouble. No one can deny os updates are important if not we wouldn't be having this discussion, and you be in the bbos 4 section
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-05-17 02:10 PM
    Like something magical from Apple?
    I've never seen anything there either. I'm being serious. What is the big deal from year to year?
    07-05-17 02:13 PM
    Lollipop to Marshmallow was the big one for me, with the ability to manage app permissions individually.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-05-17 02:51 PM
    No it wasn't great value at its release - but if you believe it was, then that's awesome for you and anyone else who decided to get one.

The dtek50 was never $260 cad - it was $299 or $279 at the lowest on amazon. And THAT heavily discounted price made it comparable to the Moto G line (in price, not in value). It's $429 msrp was overpriced. I can't think of any other phone in its "range" that had such poor reviews regarding battery life.

Just like the $649 they wanted for the dtek60 - overpriced. But that's only my opinion - not here to debate over their pricing loll

I'll let the thread get back on topic.

Posted via CB10
    I believe it was great value. Similar specs but way cheaper than iphone, pixel, galaxy.

I did indeed buy my brand spanking new Dtek50 for $260 plus taxes.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 06:20 PM
    Lollipop to Marshmallow was the big one for me, with the ability to manage app permissions individually.

Need I mention that bb10 has had that feature way before Android, or should I just let it be?

Posted with my trusty Z10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-05-17 06:25 PM
    Need I mention that bb10 has had that feature way before Android, or should I just let it be?

Posted via CB10
    Right, but Android didn't, so M FINALLY caught up to BB10 for privacy!

07-05-17 08:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes but bb10 is dead. That's why we are stuck in the Android world now
    07-05-17 08:59 PM
    so, some guy from Australia claims he got the July update on his DTEK60. A New Hope.
    07-06-17 09:11 PM
    Seriously?
    cmon im still waiting for in depth explanation on marshmallow-nougat difference i want it coming from you not from conite or other people here.. im just making sure ur barking with substance not because of this "nougat is in and latest mentality"..

what is the difference in terms of

User Interface
    Additional apps/functions
    Security
    Battery management
    Ram Management

Im not a tech savy guy the last android i have is a Sony Xperia S with Android jelly bean so i want some information from tech savy and knowledgeable guy like u for info
    07-06-17 10:42 PM
    cmon im still waiting for in depth explanation on marshmallow-nougat difference i want it coming from you not from conite or other people here.. im just making sure ur barking with substance not because of this "nougat is in and latest mentality"..

what is the difference in terms of

User Interface
    Additional apps/functions
    Security
    Battery management
    Ram Management

Im not a tech savy guy the last android i have is a Sony Xperia S with Android jelly bean so i want some information from tech savy and knowledgeable guy like u for info
    Not to hijack your question, but there are a few worthy reasons that Marshmallow is a good update over Nougat. I mean this only as informative:

Split Screen Multitasking
    File Based Encryption
    Improved Doze for better battery management
    Improved settings toggle
    Data Saver - Keeps apps from running in the background unless you are on WiFi (if you want this feature on).

From a user interface it doesn't look massively different. Notifications are a little cleaner but it still looks primarily the same. There are several other tweaks and improvements but a lot of it is under the hood things.
    07-07-17 03:58 AM
    Not to hijack your question, but there are a few worthy reasons that Marshmallow is a good update over Nougat. I mean this only as informative:

Split Screen Multitasking
    File Based Encryption
    Improved Doze for better battery management
    Improved settings toggle
    Data Saver - Keeps apps from running in the background unless you are on WiFi (if you want this feature on).

From a user interface it doesn't look massively different. Notifications are a little cleaner but it still looks primarily the same. There are several other tweaks and improvements but a lot of it is under the hood things.
    thank you for the answer hehehe I was once on their side before during ICS to JB transition of my Sony Xperia S. Since he's one of people who complains about the update of M to N. For sure he knows a lot things between M to N. Im hoping to get a answer from him

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 04:37 AM
    thank you for the answer hehehe I was once on their side before during ICS to JB transition of my Sony Xperia S. Since he's one of people who complains about the update of M to N. For sure he knows a lot things between M to N. Im hoping to get a answer from him

Posted via CB10
    Who do you want this from? Why don't you do a Google search?
    07-07-17 06:44 AM
    Who do you want this from? Why don't you do a Google search?
    backread pls... obviously I can but I want an answer coming from him

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 07:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    They left Schumi. That's what happens when you just act rational and they weren't expecting a reasonable discussion.

I guess Mob, Pitchfork mentality is more fun. I mean this whole topic is life changing.

It's just a phone everybody....!!!!!!
    07-07-17 07:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read better battery performance, better memory management. Both of which my Dteck60 needs badly. Split screen which seems cool.
    07-07-17 07:40 AM
    They left Schumi. That's what happens when you just act rational and they weren't expecting a reasonable discussion.

I guess Mob, Pitchfork mentality is more fun. I mean this whole topic is life changing.

It is, but give a guy a break I don't live on this site.
    07-07-17 07:58 AM

I was one of those people before that was crying because my xperia s was so effin late on getting jb but when I updated it duh yeah there's some changes but overall u wil not notice it. Then BlackBerry came in thats the time that I stopped being so obsessed about specs. Yeah I understand the frustration but by being realistic considering conite almost answered everything it will ease the pain by a bit just like love. love unconditionally without asking love in return loool...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 08:05 AM
    Too bad there's no brandnew dtek60 anymore. im happy with either keyone or dtek60 (Marshmallow)

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    So for you, it's a personal vendetta rather than actually seeking credible information?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    07-07-17 08:29 AM
    I got my DTEK60 in May, and love it. It's very dissapointing to hear that a phone that is relatively new is already appearing to be phased out. I think it's a great phone and if I had confidence that BB would give it normal support and life (2 years between new design like you see with iPhone for example) I would be totally on board with the next gen to the DTEK60. I wish they would get it together because they could make a place for themselves in the market if they really wanted too. There is always going to be Apple with the iPhone, Samsung with the galaxy but there is room for a killer secure android that BlackBerry could go after with a little effort.
    Last edited by tfernandezphoto; 07-07-17 at 10:09 AM. Reason: clarifed my 2 yr comment
    the-elf likes this.
    07-07-17 10:08 AM
    So for you, it's a personal vendetta rather than actually seeking credible information?
    Which is a little bit ironic since you tend to reject credible information because of your personal vendetta against Chen.
    07-07-17 10:20 AM
934 ... 2930313233 ...