This has been my favorite thread to read in here in a very long time.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-30-17 06:12 AM
    Last I checked this is a place for discussions. BlackBerry has directed support for the Dtek60 to CB so guess what that's why I'm here. Unlocked K1 is available on Amazon. See this is a place to help people and I helped you, go buy your k1 and choose 1 day shipping and you can have it tomorrow!
    im waiting for the CA. and by the way can u please make a video of u destroying ur crappy dtek60 ala lebron james leaving cleveland the first time. By the way because of ur whining im more interested on the crappy outdated dtek60 rather than keyone..

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:21 AM
    im waiting for the CA. and by the way can u please make a video of u destroying ur crappy dtek60 ala lebron james leaving cleveland the first time. By the way because of ur whining im more interested on the crappy outdated dtek60 rather than keyone..

Posted via CB10
    Well you're in luck both Amazon and eBay have the Dtek60 for sale. (Helped you again) You seem like the kinda guy that buys his stuff used, do you need any help with buying clothes? It's the holiday weekend I'm sure there are plenty of garage sales going on.
    06-30-17 06:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    For some people, the price of a phone, even if discontinued, is a lot of money. Perhaps, some people here are elderly, or maybe some people cannot get a job. To average person, they don't care and just get new phone. But many on here, perhaps this is major reason for outrage and we should feel sympathy for a situation they cannot help.
    06-30-17 06:37 AM
    For some people, the price of a phone, even if discontinued, is a lot of money. Perhaps, some people here are elderly, or maybe some people cannot get a job. To average person, they don't care and just get new phone. But many on here, perhaps this is major reason for outrage and we should feel sympathy for a situation they cannot help.

As much as I want to complain about whats going on with BlackBerry its matter of understanding ang being realistic and acceptance. Im still using Passport SE. Im one of them because It sucks that BlackBerry dtek60 is a new device and it doesnt get the support it needed but I know for a fact that BlackBerry already leave the hardware business. its already on page no.26 conite already gave them every good possible explanation they can have I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:55 AM
    Well you're in luck both Amazon and eBay have the Dtek60 for sale. (Helped you again) You seem like the kinda guy that buys his stuff used, do you need any help with buying clothes? It's the holiday weekend I'm sure there are plenty of garage sales going on.
    no seems like sooner or later u will get irritated seeing ur dtek60 that is not nougat ready blackberry fail to deliver the two security patches. I can use that kind of device as im using an outdated passport silver edition

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 07:00 AM
    For those of you dissatisfied with your DTEK60s, there's an easy remedy. Sell them and move on.

Because no amount of whining or complaining, no matter how justified, is going to change BlackBerry' allocation of resources to its legacy hardware business.

So you have three choices:

1) Walk away and be happy with another device/company.

2) Stick with your DTEK60 and enjoy it's capabilities and be happy.

3) Stick with your DTEK60 and choose to be miffed and unhappy.

Anything else is denial.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-30-17 07:23 AM
    no seems like sooner or later u will get irritated seeing ur dtek60 that is not nougat ready blackberry fail to deliver the two security patches. I can use that kind of device as im using an outdated passport silver edition

Posted via CB10
    I'll help you out! I plan on buying the Pixel 2 when it launches, by then my Dtek60 will be almost a year old and I'll sell it to you for $250 plus shipping, half what I paid for it, and I'll include the bb flip case and the free one that came with it. As far as nougat ready, it is but don't look for it to get it. Security updates is going to be hard to tell, they've missed a couple of monthly patches and BlackBerry said that they sent the June one out but as of today no dtek60 owners have received it.
    06-30-17 07:25 AM
    For those of you dissatisfied with your DTEK60s, there's an easy remedy. Sell them and move on.

Because no amount of whining or complaining, no matter how justified, is going to change BlackBerry' allocation of resources to its legacy hardware business.

Anything else is denial.

So glad you chimed in and gave us some options, we were totally lost without your great wisdom.
    kbz1960 and chi-town311 like this.
    06-30-17 07:29 AM
    I'll help you out! I plan on buying the Pixel 2 when it launches, by then my Dtek60 will be almost a year old and I'll sell it to you for $250 plus shipping, half what I paid for it, and I'll include the bb flip case and the free one that came with it. As far as nougat ready, it is but don't look for it to get it. Security updates is going to be hard to tell, they've missed a couple of monthly patches and BlackBerry said that they sent the June one out but as of today no dtek60 owners have received it.
    the answer is when? just add me here.. im sorry but im not updated with other device so if keyone comes out first (in canada unlocked version) good bye dtek60

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 07:32 AM

Anything else is denial.

hahaha.. life simple right???

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 07:32 AM

Price seems high. Brand new Moto G4 plus is only $270 now... What's your best price??
    06-30-17 07:35 AM
    the answer is when? just add me here.. im sorry but im not updated with other device so if keyone comes out first (in canada unlocked version) good bye dtek60

Posted via CB10
    Rumor has it the first of October, hopefully sooner!
    06-30-17 07:37 AM
    Price seems high. Brand new Moto G4 plus is only $270 now... What's your best price??
    Yes but the G4 doesn't have the best in class security with monthly security patches oh wait the Dtek doesn't either.......
    06-30-17 07:46 AM
    Yes but the G4 doesn't have the best in class security with monthly security patches oh wait the Dtek doesn't either.......
    Your point exactly, so what's your best price?
    06-30-17 07:48 AM
    Your point exactly, so what's your best price?
    Hit me up when pixel 2 launches, price might change then. Heck it might be even higher since this is a limited edition and the last phone BlackBerry made.
    06-30-17 08:01 AM
    Hit me up when pixel 2 launches, price might change then. Heck it might be even higher since this is a limited edition and the last phone BlackBerry made.
    LOL. Android only goes down. By then O will be out and next BBMo slab will be out running at least N...

Android cycles move fast especially for used phone resell prices compared to BB10 and IOS. Good luck...
    06-30-17 08:05 AM

Anything else is denial.

4) Take step 1) while highlighting the chenanigans that are going on so that others won't get duped.
    Willieray3 and HughJarsse like this.
    06-30-17 08:57 AM
    4) Take step 1) while highlighting the chenanigans that are going on so that others won't get duped.
    Just recognize that some of us who never made the assumptions you did about post-sale upgrades or the monthly update schedule being set in stone don't feel like BlackBerry has deceived us.

To me, the relationship is that of a supplier whose business has declined, but who has still met my expectations on everything critical.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 06-30-17 at 09:26 AM.
    06-30-17 09:08 AM
    Just recognize that some of us who never made the assumptions you did about post-sale upgrades or the monthly update schedule being set in stone don't feel like BlackBerry has deceived us.

To me, the relationship is that of a supplier whose business has declined, but who has still met my expectations on everything critical.

Wow you have low expectations, hence maybe why you are still rocking that Z10. No one here made the claim "Best in class for security updates". Or " Updating the security of your device long after you purchase it". BlackBerry did.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-30-17 09:43 AM
    Wow you have low expectations, hence maybe why you are still rocking that Z10. No one here made the claim "Best in class for security updates". Or " Updating the security of your device long after you purchase it". BlackBerry did.
    I guess I'm more skeptical of marketing language than you are. I always recognized the risk that BlackBerry might exit HW and do nothing more than honor warranties, which is their only legal obligation. After all, the CEO gave fair warning that they might exit HW for three years!

I see their continued patching of their Android phones in 2017 as a good faith effort to keep their commitments in a line of business that is closed.

Why should I ever have higher expectations of a product than the written guarantees? That just seems naive to me. I hope for the best but I don't count on it. Any buyer who isn't skeptical is asking to be disappointed.

06-30-17 09:52 AM
    The conversation has certainly gone crazy from my initial post. It really doesn't matter to me who makes the phone or who is responsible, legally or otherwise. Reading through, it is kind of astounding where people went with their posts.

I just thought, and still think, that it is odd that Blackberry, on its website, still advertises the Dtek60 with links on where to buy it in spite of the fact you can't actually buy it there. Yes, I heard Chen say BB was exiting hardware. So why don't they just cop to it on the website and be done with it? Since they're all about software now, surely they have someone who could update their site.

I don't expect to be important to BB, so I don't feel aggrieved and I don't suggest anyone else should be. I just feel like there isn't anything for me except what I consider to be inferior phones. And I guess it just surprised me that this one went so quickly. Chosen is right, it really is simple, I think.
    I assume BlackBerry, even in its current form, receives money for any units that are sold. There may be people unaware of the company's current situation that are attracted to the DTEK60, 50 or Priv and buy them. BlackBerry had several BB10 devices for sale up until the end and that platform was essentially EOL for sometime. I don't fault them for that since that's just business.

I personally do think the update situation is unfortunate. The reality is that most major manufacturers are on at least the 2 year update/support model. So to see a phone not even a year old get EOL is sad and I'm sure very frustrating for owners of those devices. But all they can do is vote with their wallet and move on.
    06-30-17 10:39 AM

I see their continued patching of their Android phones in 2017 as a good faith effort to keep their commitments in a line of business that is closed.

To say that BlackBerry handset business is closed is disingenuous at best and quite possibly fraudulent.

Their freaking logo is still on current sales. And the first thing you see when turned on is "BlackBerry Powered by Android".

Stop with the misdirected gibberish about licensing... especially since no one here has actually seen such contract anyway.

They ARE still in the business... just under slightly different arrangements.

And BlackBerry's own web site attempts to prove this!
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-30-17 11:02 AM
    well yeah I will buy keyone as soon as the unlocked version is available instead of whining here.. I learned that whining will not help my cause. I remember complaining about how I was pissed of cistulli and the gang for the keyone launch delay.. I checked the facts while i have a point no whining can make a keyone so instead of whining I have no options but to wait. If u want a direct response from BlackBerry why dont u send an email directly to them of ur grievances. Not even blaize can help u out not even kevin. Accept the fate throw ur dtek60 away buy a samsung and smile or live a life with hatred towards a brand that will never listen to you because they already left the hardware business

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with you on the whining front. CB has agreed to take over as being BlackBerry 's main support forum, right? We all vent, show our displeasure in different ways...You do it your way, let others do it their way and chill out yourself.
    06-30-17 11:20 AM
    Anybody complaining here about DTEK60, post a price if you want to sell...
    06-30-17 11:22 AM
934 ... 2425262728 ...