It's simple, if you feel aggrieved or let down with a feeling of lack of support for the DTEK devices just don't buy another Blackberry product. It's a valid sentiment and one you are entitled to. If I feel aggrieved with a product I've bought I often choose to find an alternative.
    The problem we've been discussing is that BlackBerry no longer has any consumer products.

One could take it out on TCL I suppose, so BlackBerry will lose out on the $10-20 licencing fee. But I'm not sure who the real victim will be.
    06-29-17 12:17 PM
    Not in the consumer space they're not. Their greatest successes were in their partnerships with enterprise IT departments and mobile carriers. They've NEVER been oriented towards consumers. That's why they were wiped out by BYOD.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Good points. So it sounds to me that in addition to the enterprise and government markets, BlackBerry Mobile must go after consumers who can go BYOD at their company. Of course, establishing good relationships with the major carriers helps. But I think in the end, products matter. Yes, the KEYone is a niche phone, yet it would be great if BlackBerry Mobile can convince the carriers that not only is the KEYone worth carrying, but that they should also carry the DTEK successor devices, because consumers love those slabs.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    06-29-17 12:29 PM
    The problem we've been discussing is that BlackBerry no longer has any consumer products.

One could take it out on TCL I suppose, so BlackBerry will lose out on the $10-20 licencing fee. But I'm not sure who the real victim will be.
    TCL/Blackberry, it hardly matters who's device it is. For the end consumer if you've bought a product bearing the name Blackberry and had a negative customer experience, then you simply buy another brand product, just like you would with any product. I don't care who is the CEO, Licensor, Licensee or any of that, the creditibility is with the brand as far as 99% of consumers are concerned.

To use your example, near me there is a "McDonald's Hamburgers" store, this is different from a standard McDonalds because it's not owned by McDonald's but a private franchise who pay to use McDonald's branding. It's near indistinguishable from a normal McDonald's resteraunt because it has the same menu and branding as a normal McDonald's but if someone goes in there, finds a rats foot in their burger and the staff are rude when that person complains, are they going to even care whether that McDonald's isn't owned by the same company as the other 500+ stores in the country, or are they going to choose to boycott all McDonald's stores?

Obviously my question depends on the type of consumer, but it's just to highlight how it's the brand which people identify with (which is why companies spend a ridiculous amount of time and money trying to perfect their's), and not the owner/licensor, etc.
    06-29-17 12:29 PM
    TCL/Blackberry, it hardly matters who's device it is. For the end consumer if you've bought a product bearing the name Blackberry and had a negative customer experience, then you simply buy another brand product, just like you would with any product. I don't care who is the CEO, Licensor, Licensee or any of that, the creditibility is with the brand as far as 99% of consumers are concerned.

To use your example, near me there is a "McDonald's Hamburgers" store, this is different from a standard McDonalds because it's not owned by McDonald's but a private franchise who pay to use McDonald's branding. It's near indistinguishable from a normal McDonald's resteraunt because it has the same menu and branding as a normal McDonald's but if someone goes in there, finds a rats foot in their burger and the staff are rude when that person complains, are they going to even care whether that McDonald's isn't owned by the same company as the other 500+ stores in the country, or are they going to choose to boycott all McDonald's stores?

Obviously my question depends on the type of consumer, but it's just to highlight how it's the brand which people identify with (which is why companies spend a ridiculous amount of time and money trying to perfect their's), and not the owner/licensor, etc.
    Exactly how most in the US feel Brand is a Brand know matter who made that burger. Perfect analogy.!
    06-29-17 12:37 PM
    Lucky you I just have the may patch on marshmallow
    06-29-17 12:59 PM
    Even their support is mixed depending on market.
    They are better here in the US than BlackBerry
    06-29-17 01:01 PM
    My first three BlackBerry's had trackwheels. For those who are too young to remember, you scrolled with your thumb then "clicked" by pressing the trackwheel in. Pressing in on those things thousands of times a week at work caused a repetitive motion injury known as "BlackBerry Thumb."

Those where the days!
    06-29-17 01:02 PM
    Those where the days!
    You could literally throw those phones out of a moving car while on a call, and, after you'd stopped your car and retrieved your phone, the call would still be live and the phone only a little scuffed up.

06-29-17 01:08 PM
    You could literally throw those phones out of a moving car while on a call, and, after you'd stopped your car and retrieved your phone, the call would still be live and the phone only a little scuffed up.

You got that right, mine was all taped up to keep the plastic body together and it worked like a charm, damn I miss that.

If I fart to load with my 60 in my hand the glass might break!
    06-29-17 01:13 PM

Exactly how most in the US feel Brand is a Brand know matter who made that burger. Perfect analogy.!
    Except reality is the opposite.

If you had a bad experience with a McDonald's burger, and then they subsequently closed their stores, how far would you go to punish the entrepreneur who built a brand new store and paid McDonald's corporate to licence the name Big Mac amongst his own other products.

You can bark from your stump in front of the poor guy's new restaurant as much as you want, but I'm not sure what he did.
    06-29-17 01:52 PM

If you had a bad experience with a McDonald's burger, and then they subsequently closed their stores, how far would you go to punish the entrepreneur who built a brand new store and paid McDonald's corporate to licence the name Big Mac?

You can bark from your stump in front of the poor guy's new restaurant as much as you want, but I'm not sure what he did.
    Lol, keep on keepin on Conite. Man!
    06-29-17 01:56 PM
    Lol, keep on keepin on Conite. Man!
    But that's the reality.
    06-29-17 01:57 PM
    But that's the reality.
    In your world maybe, not the people I know.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-29-17 02:02 PM

If you had a bad experience with a McDonald's burger, and then they subsequently closed their stores, how far would you go to punish the entrepreneur who built a brand new store and paid McDonald's corporate to licence the name Big Mac amongst his own other products.

It's not about "punishing" though is it? People aren't going to buy a product from a brand they do not trust or had a bad experience with. They couldn't give a hoot about the owner. It's irrelevant.

If somebody has a bad experience with Blackberry, they may buy a Samsung next time. Not to "get back" or to "punish" an owner, but to try a different product which will hopefully provide a better experience.

If I buy a brand of tomato sauce I don't like, then I buy another brand next time I'm at the supermarket, not because I hate the owner of the first sauce which I didn't like, but to find another tomato sauce I do like. It's really simple.
    Last edited by The Chosen; 06-29-17 at 03:47 PM.
    06-29-17 02:05 PM
    It's not about "punishing" though is it? People aren't going to buy a product from a brand they do no trust. They couldn't give a hoot about the owner.

If somebody has a bad experience with Blackberry, they may buy a Samsung next time. Not to "get back" or to "punish" an owner, but to try a different product which will hopefully provide a better experience.

If I buy a brand of tomato sauce I don't like, then I buy another brand next time I'm at the supermarket, not because I hate the owner of the first sauce which I didn't like, but to find another tomato sauce I do like. It's really simple.
    Sure, but if it's Under New Management, it has as little to do with the predecessor as another brand. This really is about punishment, because the only thing that Blackberry gets out of it now is a small pittance of a licensing fee. Everything else is on TCL.
    06-29-17 02:08 PM
    You are right. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a BlackBerry.
    Especially as the duck, sorry phone in question (Keyone) is top of the pile in the Smartphones section on BlackBerry Ltd's website, regardless that you are taken to BlackBerry Mobiles site when you click on it.
    Who apart from CrackBerry geeks would know or care of the difference?
    It's distinctly BlackBerry isn't it?
    06-29-17 02:13 PM
    You are right. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a BlackBerry.
    Especially as the duck, sorry phone in question (Keyone) is top of the pile in the Smartphones section on BlackBerry Ltd's website, regardless that you are taken to BlackBerry Mobiles site when you click on it.
    Who apart from CrackBerry geeks would know or care of the difference?
    It's distinctly BlackBerry isn't it?
    I absolutely agree that the general population is not going to know the difference between one Blackberry branded device and another. But here, in this discussion, we know the facts. So we are able to have a different conversation and maybe come to different conclusions than the general population would.
    06-29-17 02:14 PM
    I absolutely agree that the general population is not going to know the difference between one Blackberry branded device and another. But here, in this discussion, we know the facts. So we are able to have a different conversation and maybe come to different conclusions than the general population would.
    OK that's fine, accept that.
    But my real point is that if BlackBerry Ltd is out of the hardware business, it should be honest about it as far as it's website is concerned. And let people know where they stand on security updates (and Nougat come to that).
    Anyway, I'm off to the pub...

Posted from my indestructible BlackBerry PlayBook™
    06-29-17 02:30 PM
    OK that's fine, accept that.
    But my real point is that if BlackBerry Ltd is out of the hardware business, it should be honest about it as far as it's website is concerned. And let people know where they stand on security updates (and Nougat come to that).
    Anyway, I'm off to the pub...

Posted from my indestructible BlackBerry PlayBook™
    Have fun, I wish I was doing the same.

By the way, I don't think there is any change in Blackberry policy regarding security patches. I believe they will still keep coming.
    06-29-17 02:31 PM
    Sure, but if it's Under New Management, it has as little to do with the predecessor as another brand. This really is about punishment, because the only thing that Blackberry gets out of it now is a small pittance of a licensing fee. Everything else is on TCL.
    No it's not, it's about finding the sauce you like. Nothing to do with owner, management, nothing like what you keep spinning, Just satisfaction, end user satisfaction, being personally satisfied with the brand you like (personal taste), just that simple.
    06-29-17 02:32 PM
    Is crackberry really stopping these posts from appearing on the "Trending Discussions" ?
    06-29-17 02:34 PM
    No it's not, it's about finding the sauce you like. Nothing to do with owner, management, nothing like what you keep spinning, Just satisfaction, end user satisfaction, being personally satisfied with the brand you like (personal taste), just that simple.
    Well that's a whole new thing.

We were talking about letting BlackBerry know you're upset with them by not buying a TCL device.

If you don't like the products to begin with, then there is nothing else to say. It's academic.
    06-29-17 02:36 PM

We were talking about letting BlackBerry know you're upset with them by not buying a TCL device.

If you don't like the products to begin with, there then is nothing else to say. It's academic.
    Dude??? Lmao
    06-29-17 02:38 PM

If you don't like the products to begin with, there then is nothing else to say. It's academic.
    All I know, that if I were still in college (30 yrs ago) I would pick you to be on my debate team... lol, keep on spinning it, good job!
    06-29-17 02:42 PM
    We went from burgers, tomato sauce to make this comparison between Blackberry and Blackberry Mobile (TCL). What's next, flavor of ice cream or shaved Ice? The bottom line, TCL/Blackberry or both should give the folks further software release for DTEK50/60. Period. We all know it's not going to happen no matter what comparison everyone uses. Sorry to be so blunt... We lived this once with BB10... Shame on both parties...
    Bay 13 and crackberry_geek like this.
    06-29-17 02:46 PM
934 ... 2122232425 ...