Curve 9300
    Bold 9700
    Bold 9650
    Pearl 9100/9105

These devices all launched with BlackBerry OS 5.0 and were upgraded to BlackBerry 6.

Plus there were devices that launched on BlackBerry OS 4.6 which were upgraded to 4.7 etc
    Loved my old track ball Curve : )
    06-29-17 10:55 AM
    Loved my old track ball Curve : )
    Trackball? Luxury! How about the old trackwheel? 7100i ftw!
    06-29-17 10:58 AM
    You can take that stand, of course. That's entirely legitimate.

For me, I'm not willing to forgo buying the KEYᵒⁿᵉ from TCL because of the $10 or $20 that might flow to BlackBerry. It's an awesome device, and I won't be a martyr.
    Your choice, I just don't feel comfortable with the direction of BlackBerry / TCL anymore. That is why if they will continue to rollout security updates until the P2 comes out I will be a happy former BlackBerry user come 4thQ or 1stQ 2018
    06-29-17 11:01 AM
    My first three BlackBerry's had trackwheels. For those who are too young to remember, you scrolled with your thumb then "clicked" by pressing the trackwheel in. Pressing in on those things thousands of times a week at work caused a repetitive motion injury known as "BlackBerry Thumb."

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-29-17 11:02 AM
    Lol yep
    06-29-17 11:04 AM
    Conite's credibility is about as high as anyone in these forums. The fact that he doesn't waste our time with emotional outbursts and broad condemnations like some posters feel the need to is no reason to question his integrity.

It's become fashionable around here to label people who take an objective and dispassionate view of Blackberry's mobile phone business as "apologists" or "shills." Those are personal attacks that have no place on these forums. They only result in closed threads.

It would do some good for some actual CrackBerry people to speak publicly about this predicament we find ourselves in.

I honestly could care less about anyone's credibility here. Conite's view is that BlackBerry has made the right decisions, even though those decisions have upset and frustrated their loyal customers. He argues that it is a good business decision, but it is not what we were promised. We were promised the most secure android smartphone. I bought that smartphone 7 months ago and now I currently do not possess it. My DTEK60 is a month behind in security updates and BlackBerry no longer makes the most secure smartphone. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does.

Obviously BlackBerry is capable of making the DTEK60 the most secure smartphone on par with the Keyone. They built the software of the Keyone. So give us the software.
    06-29-17 11:06 AM
    Simply not true, Samsung and Motorola provide better support than BlackBerry has on Android
    Even their support is mixed depending on market.
    06-29-17 11:09 AM
    Simply not true, Samsung and Motorola provide better support than BlackBerry has on Android
    My z play is still on may security patch. But it is on N
    06-29-17 11:11 AM
    Even their support is mixed depending on market.
    My wife's S7 has great support here in CA, USA... so I can speak to this market as not being mixed as of today that is.
    06-29-17 11:13 AM
    Not in the consumer space they're not. Their greatest successes were in their partnerships with enterprise IT departments and mobile carriers. They've NEVER been oriented towards consumers. That's why they were wiped out by BYOD.

So you don't think they are capable of accurately communicating with their customers? Who do they have working up there, monkeys?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-29-17 11:13 AM
    It would do some good for some actual CrackBerry people to speak publicly about this predicament we find ourselves in.

I honestly could care less about anyone's credibility here. Conite's view is that BlackBerry has made the right decisions, even though those decisions have upset and frustrated their loyal customers. He argues that it is a good business decision, but it is not what we were promised. We were promised the most secure android smartphone. I bought that smartphone 7 months ago and now I currently do not possess it. My DTEK60 is a month behind in security updates and BlackBerry no longer makes the most secure smartphone. TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does.

Obviously BlackBerry is capable of making the DTEK60 the most secure smartphone on par with the Keyone. They built the software of the Keyone. So give us the software.
    I'm curious who you mean by "CrackBerry people." CBK? Bla1ze? I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry knows that users would like an upgrade to N for the DTEK phones. The fact that they haven't responded means either, 1) they're not ready to announce the upgrade or 2) There won't be an upgrade.

The reality is that BlackBerry will make the best business decision for BlackBerry, and each BlackBerry user will need to make the best decisions for him or her.

Some people feel that BlackBerry made an implicit commitment to Android version upgrades, and others reject that view as naive (I'm in the second group fwiw.). But nothing that CBK or Bla1ze say will alter BlackBerry's business decisions.

Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    06-29-17 11:15 AM
    So you don't think they are capable of accurately communicating with their customers? Who do they have working up there, monkeys?
    You need to accept the fact that users of their mobile handsets are no longer their customers for anything but warranty support.

It would be more accurate to say that they are no longer investing time or energy to improve communications with their legacy consumer customers.

06-29-17 11:20 AM
    Do they have anyone left to communicate with consumers? For EOL blackberry stuff I would think they have all been laid-off and for TCL that is what they pay crackberry for (that isn't snark - this is the official support forum).
    06-29-17 11:23 AM
    You need to accept the fact that users of their mobile handsets are no longer their customers for anything but warranty support.

It would be more accurate to say that they are no longer investing time or energy to improve communications with their legacy consumer customers.

Did BlackBerry make that statement? I haven't seen anything from them saying that they are not supporting their customers anymore.

If they did, that would be top notch communication.

Right now, they communicated that my DTEK60 received the June patch. It didn't.

They also claim that they have the most secure android devices. They don't. TCL does.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-29-17 11:29 AM

Just a question, so who at this point is liable /responsible for the tech / customer support (12 Month Direct Support) for those who bought the Dtek series in the last 6-7 months?
    06-29-17 11:29 AM
    I mean an article on this website addressing the fact that BlackBerry is not meeting their stated goals. Why that is happening, what they are doing about it. Will that change? Should we expect bi-monthly updates? Why there is no June update. You know, something about why the DTEK users are being left in the dust. I mean, I'm sure they are not happy about it. They must have an opinion. Are they not allowed to express that opinion because it would affect their relationship with TCL?

I'm curious who you mean by "CrackBerry people." CBK? Bla1ze? I'm pretty sure that BlackBerry knows that users would like an upgrade to N for the DTEK phones. The fact that they haven't responded means either, 1) they're not ready to announce the upgrade or 2) There won't be an upgrade.

The reality is that BlackBerry will make the best business decision for BlackBerry, and each BlackBerry user will need to make the best decisions for him or her.

Some people feel that BlackBerry made an implicit commitment to Android version upgrades, and others reject that view as naive (I'm in the second group fwiw.). But nothing that CBK or Bla1ze say will alter BlackBerry's business decisions.

06-29-17 11:32 AM
    Just a question, so who at this point is liable /responsible for the tech / customer support (12 Month Direct Support) for those who bought the Dtek series in the last 6-7 months?
    I don't know. That would fall under the committed support category, so they may still have staff in that role until a year after the last device is sold through official channels. But that support would be limited and would not likely include Nougat upgrades.

06-29-17 11:36 AM
    Removed by author...I misread the post I was referring to.
    06-29-17 11:44 AM
    Exactly what I've been saying. Do not buy a keyone or any future phone they release. Doing so would be providing Blackberry revenue because they receive royalties from the phones sold. They screwed the consumers only fair thing to do would be screwing Blackberry by not purchasing their deceitful scam.
    This is the only way to really express your displeasure at a company these days. If they aren't doing what you need them to do/providing you with the services you need then you have to move on. BlackBerry may be gone so this won't effect them as much but maybe it will give TCL notice to operate more like Google or Apple when it comes to updates.

The posters saying that nothing is guaranteed and to get a phone for what it does now are correct. Companies are in it for $$ and you can't expect loyalty from them. With that said obviously there are companies with good customer service/support. Google, Apple, and Samsung (to an extent) get that keeping your user base happy does yield sales and customer loyalty.

We just don't know how TCL will handle it since they are new as far as their BlackBerry phones go. I personally am not going to risk it. I love my Blackberries but after almost 10 years of always having a EOL device fairly early in its life cycle I just want to try something else.
    anon(10123624), Bay 13 and rcab like this.
    06-29-17 11:46 AM
    I don't know. That would fall under the committed support category, so they may still have staff in that role until a year after the last device is sold through official channels. But that support would be limited and would not likely include Nougat upgrades.

Not talking N, never have! My question was about there pretty black 12 month Direct support card that was in all the Priv boxes I bought, and the pretty white card in all the Dtek boxes I bought.

I know first hand that the abandoned the direct support for the Priv three months after I bought the phones from them. I have had no reason to call on the Dtek 's , just curious if they have laid off everyone that they said would give said support. That's all, nothing about N... just tech/CS.
    06-29-17 11:48 AM
    I mean an article on this website addressing the fact that BlackBerry is not meeting their stated goals. Why that is happening, what they are doing about it. Will that change? Should we expect bi-monthly updates? Why there is no June update. You know, something about why the DTEK users are being left in the dust. I mean, I'm sure they are not happy about it. They must have an opinion. Are they not allowed to express that opinion because it would affect their relationship with TCL?
    I think it's a fair question to ask what kind of official coverage should be devoted to the details of how BlackBerry is exiting hardware in terms of support. But Mobile Nations has never been anything other than a fan site, really, and is not a place I would look to for investigative journalism.

xandros9 likes this.
    06-29-17 11:49 AM
    Not talking N, never have! My question was about there pretty black 12 month Direct support card that was in all the Priv boxes I bought, and the pretty white card in all the Dtek boxes I bought.

I know first hand that the abandoned the direct support for the Priv three months after I bought the phones from them. I have had no reason to call on the Dtek 's , just curious if they have laid off everyone that they said would give said support. That's all, nothing about N... just tech/CS.
    I don't know. Is there a number to call? I would call it and ask!

06-29-17 11:51 AM
    I don't know. Is there a number to call? I would call it and ask!

I hear ya, just thought the TM team here might have some form of insight into that. I will do as you suggested and let you know.
    06-29-17 12:00 PM
    This is the only way to really express your displeasure at a company these days. If they aren't doing what you need them to do/providing you with the services you need then you have to move on. BlackBerry may be gone so this won't effect them as much but maybe it will give TCL notice to operate more like Google or Apple when it comes to updates.

The posters saying that nothing is guaranteed and to get a phone for what it does now are correct. Companies are in it for $$ and you can't expect loyalty from them. With that said obviously there are companies with good customer service/support. Google, Apple, and Samsung (to an extent) get that keeping your user base happy does yield sales and customer loyalty.

We just don't know how TCL will handle it since they are new as far as their BlackBerry phones go. I personally am not going to risk it. I love my Blackberries but after almost 10 years of always having a EOL device fairly early in its life cycle I just want to try something else.
    Smartest thing I've heard today. I say Couver81 for president!
    06-29-17 12:05 PM
    It's simple, if you feel aggrieved or let down with a feeling of lack of support for the DTEK devices just don't buy another Blackberry product. It's a valid sentiment and one you are entitled to. If I feel aggrieved with a product I've bought I often choose to find an alternative.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-29-17 12:11 PM
934 ... 2021222324 ...