You wouldn't be in a McDonald's eating a Big Mac, because McDonald's doesn't have a restaurant business anymore.
    They did when I bought it

But McDonald's is happy to address your concerns from the burger you bought a few months back if you call their support team. They will be eager to remove the hair, and send it back to you. Hopefully you also enjoy the new pickles you get in the mail every month.
    No they won't AND there is no more pickles

But yes, if you want to buy a new Big Mac, you'll have to find a Wendy's.
    I don't WANT to buy a new Big Mac (KEYone) from Wendy's (TCL) I want you to support this one that YOU sold me, it's not rocket science man.

oh yeah BTW Trump just killed a puppy on the front lawn of the white house and it's ok because it was going to die someday anyway
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-29-17 01:25 AM

I don't WANT to buy a new Big Mac (KEYone) from Wendy's (TCL) I want you to support this one that YOU sold me, it's not rocket science man.

Has anyone yet provided anything that shows BBRY promised to update to N?
    06-29-17 02:10 AM
    Has anyone yet provided anything that shows BBRY promised to update to N?
    I've said it before, I don't care that much about the upgrade to N. In all honesty I'm not even sure bbry said they would. I bought in to the monthly security updates and they seem to be gone now. The dtek60 didn't sell (nor do any blackberries anymore) I tend to buy what others don't, dang, I even bought the storm, and liked it.
    cgk likes this.
    06-29-17 02:35 AM
    I've said it before, I don't care that much about the upgrade to N. In all honesty I'm not even sure bbry said they would. I bought in to the monthly security updates and they seem to be gone now. The dtek60 didn't sell (nor do any blackberries anymore) I tend to buy what others don't, dang, I even bought the storm, and liked it.
    That's fair enough about security updates - I just find it odd that some posters are claiming they didn't get what they promised for something they can't show was promised.
    06-29-17 02:43 AM
    TCL was hired by BlackBerry to build the DTEKs for them, yes. That was before the licencing agreement was reached where TCL licenced the entire brand and software to do it completely on their own. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the first TCL BlackBerry-branded device.
    Ah, I see. I would be a little ticked off if I purchased one of these just a few months ago only to have it EOL'd by BlackBerry. I hope TCL releases some type of new touchscreen only phone.
    06-29-17 05:36 AM
    Ah, I see. I would be a little ticked off if I purchased one of these just a few months ago only to have it EOL'd by BlackBerry. I hope TCL releases some type of new touchscreen only phone.
    Yeah according to evleaks krypton and Juno coming
    06-29-17 06:29 AM
    I understand. I thought though that TCL manufactured the DTEK60. I swear it seems like that device just came out.
    It did.
    06-29-17 06:49 AM
    Yes, BlackBerry hardened-Marshmallow is very likely less secure than BlackBerry hardened-Nougat.

However, depending on the attack vector, it is arguably better than vanilla-Nougat.

Are you suggesting that the DTEK needs to be updated forever in order to maintain the "world's most secure Android device" designation, or else fail the promise at the time of the original sale?
    These are the types of comments that really **** me off. Are you suggesting the 7 months of fulfilling their promise is enough? You could say 5 since they missed an update in April. Im asking for a normal amounts of time. 2 years. The amount of time a normal person would expect to use a phone. Remember blackberry 10? They gave the z10 with every update. Is it unreasonable to assume that the same company would continue to do the same thing?
    HughJarsse and xandros9 like this.
    06-29-17 06:55 AM
    It did.
    The should at least remove it from their website then. Looks bad to see it shown and then "not available" when you click on the Buy Now links.
    06-29-17 06:57 AM
    These are the types of comments that really **** me off. Are you suggesting the 7 months of fulfilling their promise is enough? You could say 5 since they missed an update in April. Im asking for a normal amounts of time. 2 years. The amount of time a normal person would expect to use a phone. Remember blackberry 10? They gave the z10 with every update. Is it unreasonable to assume that the same company would continue to do the same thing?
    Look, we'd all like to have Nougat. We are just discussing whether BlackBerry is obligated to provide it.

Legally, they are not of course.

Ethically, there is no objective resolution.

I would say decide with your wallet, but BlackBerry isn't selling anything anymore, so that's hard to do.
    06-29-17 07:04 AM
    That's fair enough about security updates - I just find it odd that some posters are claiming they didn't get what they promised for something they can't show was promised.
    I showed you exactly what was promised. The most secure android smartphone. A different company under the same name now sells the most secure android smartphone. Blackberry lied to me and CrackBerry is now complicit in that lie in that they are covering up the fact. They clearly don't want this to be an issue. They need the new tcl blackberry to be a win cause the $ is rolling in apparently.
    Willieray3 likes this.
    06-29-17 07:04 AM
    Look, we'd all like to have Nougat. We are just discussing whether BlackBerry is obligated to provide it.

Legally, they are not of course.

I would say decide with your wallet, but BlackBerry isn't selling anything anymore, so that's hard to do.
    No. You have not come to the objective resolution that everyone else has. They took a crap in your bed and you are happy to sleep there.
    xandros9 and giantrobo like this.
    06-29-17 07:21 AM

Exactly what I've been saying. Do not buy a keyone or any future phone they release. Doing so would be providing Blackberry revenue because they receive royalties from the phones sold. They screwed the consumers only fair thing to do would be screwing Blackberry by not purchasing their deceitful scam.
    Couver81 likes this.
    06-29-17 07:43 AM
    Exactly what I've been saying. Do not buy a keyone or any future phone they release. Doing so would be providing Blackberry revenue because they receive royalties from the phones sold. They screwed the consumers only fair thing to do would be screwing Blackberry by not purchasing their deceitful scam.
    Ok, but that would hurt me more than BlackBerry.

1) I don't blame TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) for any of this.
    2) The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is awesome.
    3) The licensing fee that BlackBerry receives from me is probably $10 or $20 bucks - not worth my sacrifice.

But to each his own. I understand why some people are upset.
    06-29-17 07:49 AM
    Ok, but that would hurt me more than BlackBerry.

1) I don't blame TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) for any of this.
    2) The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is awesome.
    3) The licensing fee that BlackBerry receives from me is probably a couple of bucks - not worth my sacrifice.
    That is irrelevant to me. Yes it sucks for the one's fooled in the deceit but the only way to pay Blackberry back is with your wallet.

Buy a complete TCL made phone they are available or other brand with better specs.
    06-29-17 07:52 AM
    Pixel has..
    So does the Moto G5, sold at same time as Dtek 50, cheaper, also had M as base OS, BUT...has been updated to N..Son in law bought one same time as I brought my Dtek..similar specs, yet G5 £40 cheaper, and now updated!!
    xandros9 and chain13 like this.
    06-29-17 08:00 AM

The DTEK60 is a 7 month old device.

BlackBerry has missed 2 of 7 monthly security updates... almost 30%.

They are are clearly lying about the June update. That is beyond dispute.

It is disappointing to see that smart folks don't see that objectively as an ethical problem.

If those are your ethics... we have nothing further to discuss.
    06-29-17 08:00 AM

Some people will move on from Blackberry because of the lack of support. Blackberry...not TCL probably decided not to upgrade the OS on the DTEKS and Priv. This is straight business...it would have been nice of them to upgrade to Android N but they have washed their hands after the agreement with TCL. In some ways Blackberry slogan still applies with my phone. My phone was "Distinctively Different" from everyone's phone at a party last weekend. I was the only person who had a phone with Marshmallow OS....
    chi-town311 and Couver81 like this.
    06-29-17 08:01 AM
    Ok so with this licensing agreement between BlackBerry and Tcl how long is it for? I'm sure it probably has a performance clause, tcl won't want to support a device for a long period if sales stink.

The problem I see if I buy the K1 and 6 months down the road tcl decides the sales are not enough to warrant continuing the relationship and decide to drop support for it, such as BlackBerry did with the Dtek series. What then?
    06-29-17 08:01 AM
    Ok so with this licensing agreement between BlackBerry and Tcl how long is it for? I'm sure it probably has a performance clause, tcl won't want to support a device for a long period if sales stink.

The problem I see if I buy the K1 and 6 months down the road tcl decides the sales are not enough to warrant continuing the relationship and decide to drop support for it, such as BlackBerry did with the Dtek series. What then?
    That is the risk you take with a Blackberry branded phone. If sales are not good...it seems support or a successor phone will not happen . No Passport 2 , Z30 or Z50, No Priv 2...
    06-29-17 08:04 AM
    The DTEK60 is a 7 month old device.

BlackBerry has missed 2 of 7 monthly security updates... almost 30%.

They are are clearly lying about the June update. That is beyond dispute.

It is disappointing to see that smart folks don't see that objectively as an ethical problem.

If those are your ethics... we have nothing further to discuss.
    There was a technical issue surrounding the April patch, which also affected the Priv - I suspect involving a particular Qualcomm driver. By early May it was resolved and both phones caught up with the May patch. I don't treat this as an ethical issue.

As for the June patch, I don't have enough information yet.
    06-29-17 08:04 AM
    That is irrelevant to me. Yes it suck for the one's fooled in the deceit but the only way to pay Blackberry back is with your wallet.

Buy a complete TCL made phone they are available.
    I have two Alcatel devices, the Ideal and the Allura. Nothing great when compared to my DTEK50/60 phones. I agree that I'd like Nougat, but I'll buy whatever BBMo is selling over the other Android OEMs. Why punish myself over something like Nougat update? If Nougat is that important to me, I'll just buy a KEYone or new slab from BBMo coming soon...

They're just phones and we're not talking big money here..... I mean I bought my son an IPhone 7 as biannual gift, ugh!!!!!! He passes the old phones down to his sisters..... I guess from that perspective, it's not too bad...still we're not talking car/truck money.

Life is too short to be upset over a phone.
    06-29-17 08:06 AM
    I see. I own stock and don't care as long as my stock keeps going better. And I don't own stock and want my damn updates.

About right?
    06-29-17 08:20 AM
    I see. I own stock and don't care as long as my stock keeps going better. And I don't own stock and want my damn updates.

About right?
    I'm both, however, I'm also realistic....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 08:25 AM
    I'm both, however, I'm also realistic....
    Good man
    06-29-17 08:27 AM
934 ... 1819202122 ...