We need to change the title of this thread to " Conite's Lesson in licensing (That nobody understands even after 450 posts)"
    06-28-17 08:59 PM
    We need to change the title of this thread to " Conite's Lesson in licensing (That nobody understands even after 450 posts)"
    Lol.
    06-28-17 09:04 PM
    they do understand it but its just they were all indenial.. hahahaha
    06-28-17 09:09 PM
    All they are doing here is trying to push sales to Keyone. So they can at least recover design, engineering, manufacturing costs before the ship sinks.
    All the talk about sold out pre-orders, back orders in Canada etc is just to build up hype so the fooled consumers think they are getting an awesome device.
    My Dtek60 has way better specs, and more screen real estate then that Keyone. The physical keyboard devices are history.
    Willieray3, chain13 and Couver81 like this.
    06-28-17 09:10 PM
    How do you get paid from crackberry, by the post or for each word?
    06-28-17 09:16 PM
    All they are doing here is trying to push sales to Keyone. So they can at least recover design, engineering, manufacturing costs before the ship sinks.
    All the talk about sold out pre-orders, back orders in Canada etc is just to build up hype so the fooled consumers think they are getting an awesome device.
    My Dtek60 has way better specs, and more screen real estate then that Keyone. The physical keyboard devices are history.
    Because thats the way to go brother.. They cant advertise a device that has been discontinued already. hahahaha i feel you because i want a dtek60 more than i want the keyone but nothing will happen if i whine here.. im just being realistic. If not listening to demand of a hundred means saving you money then why listen to them.. Dtek60 is the last device being supported by blackberry that is manufactured by TCL.. right now Blackberry is just a software company..
    06-28-17 09:19 PM
    But the KEYone has Nougat, doesn't it?
    06-28-17 09:38 PM
    Funny as hell!!!
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-28-17 09:41 PM
    How do you get paid from crackberry, by the post or for each word?
    They just pay me in Beer, and I'm a down about 100k in six packs.
    06-28-17 09:43 PM
    All you have to do is look at K1 forums, major lag, freeze issues.. Low end old thought process of the old BlackBerry period!
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 09:44 PM
    One person's opinion. I sold my dtek60 to rock a KEYone. No regrets. I'll also have no regrets about dumping the KEYone as soon as the next device comes out. BTW...loved my dtek60 but it was the only BlackBerry I ever own (in 17 years of using BlackBerry devices) that I personally felt was very fragile. All glass was a concern.
    06-28-17 09:47 PM
    Your point? Seen it in action.. Nbd for sure, just keep the security updates coming and I'm good until the P2 comes out.
    06-28-17 09:47 PM
    To all of you that been accusing or labelling any titled members here of getting paid by blackberry mobile i dare you to check my profile and check my posts/replies regarding keyone launch hahahahaha.. Might change ur perception on people like carjackd and conite looool
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-28-17 09:48 PM
    One person's opinion. I sold my dtek60 to rock a KEYone. No regrets. I'll also have no regrets about dumping the KEYone as soon as the next device comes out. BTW...loved my dtek60 but it was the only BlackBerry I ever own (in 17 years of using BlackBerry devices) that I personally felt was very fragile. All glass was a concern.
    Yeah, hate the glass, and the big case you need to protect it even more.
    06-28-17 09:49 PM
    To all of you that been accusing or labelling any titled members here of getting paid by blackberry mobile i dare you to check my profile and check my posts/replies regarding keyone launch hahahahaha.. Might change ur perception on people like carjackd and conite looool
    Amen!
    06-28-17 09:50 PM
    So only a Nougat upgrade is support?

Continuing security patches and technical support count for nothing?
    Don't care as much about nougat as others but I would enjoy the security updates, as it goes now it looks like that's it, it's too quiet about the updates. No one is saying that they are coming, especially for the dtek60 which is newer.

What would be nice is for Blackberry to say you know what? That was bad to make you pay for a device we had no intention of upkeeping the way we said, so return for credit, or something, towards a KEYone. Even though I'm not sold on the KEYone yet.

So really? Someone has to support a product this new.
    06-28-17 09:58 PM
    For all you naysayers, We're TRENDING!!!!
    06-28-17 10:01 PM
    Thanks for the timeline, Conite.
    06-28-17 10:07 PM
    Pixel has..
    06-28-17 10:25 PM
    Amen!
    hahahaha... at first i thought they wanted me to shut up hahha
    06-28-17 10:46 PM
    Everyone understands licensing well before all of the excuses!

No amount of excuses... ah never mind...
    06-28-17 10:46 PM
    hahahaha... at first i thought they wanted me to shut up hahha
    Let us know how that goes.

*There's another 6 pack for me
    06-28-17 10:47 PM
    Love the McDonald's lesson.

I have something to add on how dtek60 customers were treated using the McDonald's / Wendy's example. This is more how I feel....

Gt to McDonald's order a Big Mac. Sit down start to eat find out McDonald's just licensed the big Mac to Wendy's. At that exact time you find a big hair in your burger. You take it back to the front and they proceed to tell you that Wendy's now makes the big Mac and we can't do anything for you, sorry your going to have to just eat the hair, or you can throw it out and go buy a big Mac at Wendy's, they will back it up after you buy it.
    06-28-17 11:58 PM

I have something to add on how dtek60 customers were treated using the McDonald's / Wendy's example. This is more how I feel....

Gt to McDonald's order a Big Mac. Sit down start to eat find out McDonald's just licensed the big Mac to Wendy's. At that exact time you find a big hair in your burger. You take it back to the front and they proceed to tell you that Wendy's now makes the big Mac and we can't do anything for you, sorry your going to have to just eat the hair, or you can throw it out and go buy a big Mac at Wendy's, they will back it up after you buy it.
    Interesting analogy... but no amount of reason will take the blinders off of the excuse-mongers.

They've made it clear that any view outside their blinders is too astonishing to consider... easier to just focus on the limited view they can see with blinders left on.
    xandros9 and chi-town311 like this.
    06-29-17 12:02 AM

You wouldn't be in a McDonald's eating a Big Mac, because McDonald's doesn't have a restaurant business anymore.

But McDonald's is happy to address your concerns from the burger you bought a few months back if you call their support team. They will be eager to remove the hair, and send it back to you. Hopefully you also enjoy the new pickles you get in the mail every month.

But yes, if you want to buy a new Big Mac, you'll have to find a Wendy's.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-29-17 12:49 AM
934 ... 1718192021 ...