they knew when they sold the dtek60 that they were not going to support it but made us believe that it was going to be.... period. hastag dickmove.
    So only a Nougat upgrade is support?

Continuing security patches and technical support count for nothing?
    06-28-17 05:00 PM
    Buy a pixel and install BlackBerry services on it . You don't have to settle. Pixel will guarantee updates and you can keep using the BlackBerry services you like
    Yes, and if you pay the $12 a year to avoid ads, BlackBerry will almost certainly make more money than they would if you bought the KEYone!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 05:01 PM
    Yes, and if you pay the $12 a year to avoid ads, BlackBerry will almost certainly make more money than they would if you bought the KEYone!

You don't even need $12.

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 05:03 PM
    So only a Nougat upgrade is support?

Continuing security patches and technical support count for nothing?
    There you go again, I go to work for a little while come back and you are miss quoting people again. He never said a word about Nougat, not a peep! But you have to toss your bent spin on it to fit your strawman argument. Sad!! Please tell us where you see him say anything about Nougat at all.

As for tech support, BlackBerry discontinued that four months after we bought two Priv's. Using their track record it could happen to the Dtek series as well with them dumping the line.
    06-28-17 05:38 PM
    Found this document on BlackBerry's website. Long and boring. Security guide from around the time the DTEK60 came out.

From reading this - my question would be:

Is the DTEK60 more or less secure than the KeyOne?

BlackBerry promised the most secure Android Platform. Isn't BlackBerry-hardened Nougat more secure than BlackBerry Hardened Marshmallow? So, isn't TCL's Keyone more secure than the DTEK series and PRIV? I realize this is just a marketing document and not a legal contract, but aren't they violating this promise by updating the Keyone with a more secure OS than the PRIV/DTEK phones. Of course, I am basing this on the assumption that the OS on Keyone is more secure, but wouldn't it logically have to be?

Also - I bought my phone from shopblackberry - where is my f-ing patch? If one more BBHelp person sends me to that f-ing blog post I finna go crazy.

From page 29-30:

BlackBerry: Your partner for Android security and privacy

BlackBerry provides the most secure Android platform for enterprises. However, security isn't only about having the best technology, it's about having a partner who lives and breathes security and can be trusted to look out for your enterprise security as well. Buying a device from BlackBerry means having the world-renowned BlackBerry security support infrastructure behind your business.

Security maintenance releases

Each month, Google™ releases a security bulletin containing a list of recently discovered Android vulnerabilities to BlackBerry and other Android OEMs. BlackBerry will release these security maintenance releases (SMRs) to users that have purchased devices through shopblackberry.com and to resellers (carriers and other authorized dealers) that have agreed to participate in our regular SMR program and deliver our SMRs OTA to their subscribers.
    06-28-17 05:49 PM
    forgot to attach
    chain13 likes this.
    06-28-17 05:50 PM
    Hello Chi-town311.
    Apparently the admin and ambassadors of this site believe it's quite alright to lead consumers on about being the most secure devices with old OS and late to no patches on a monthly basis.

They think this is so ok they want people to dish out even more hard earned cash and buy the Keyone and contribute to their earnings and royalties to Blackberry. They take everyone as fools. Don't be fooled by the BS.
    chi-town311 and HughJarsse like this.
    06-28-17 06:08 PM
    Can you answer this Conite?

Can you also ask Kevin if he heard back from Chen? He said he emailed him about the Priv and the Dtek series getting nougat last week.
    06-28-17 06:37 PM
    Can you answer this Conite?
    No idea. But I think we both know the answer.
    06-28-17 06:43 PM
    There you go again, I go to work for a little while come back and you are miss quoting people again. He never said a word about Nougat, not a peep! But you have to toss your bent spin on it to fit your strawman argument. Sad!! Please tell us where you see him say anything about Nougat at all.

As for tech support, BlackBerry discontinued that four months after we bought two Priv's. Using their track record it could happen to the Dtek series as well with them dumping the line.
    He said:
    "they knew when they sold the dtek60 that they were not going to support it"

So I responded by asking why security patches and technical support do not qualify as support. I would have to assume he's talking about Nougat since that's the ONLY thing BlackBerry is not providing.
    06-28-17 06:47 PM
    What's really amazing is that apparently you people have absolutely nothing better to do with your time but continually post 22 pages of this drivel.
    chi-town311 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-17 06:55 PM
    Found this document on BlackBerry's website. Long and boring. Security guide from around the time the DTEK60 came out.

From reading this - my question would be:

Is the DTEK60 more or less secure than the KeyOne?
    Yes, BlackBerry hardened-Marshmallow is very likely less secure than BlackBerry hardened-Nougat.

However, depending on the attack vector, it is arguably better than vanilla-Nougat.

Are you suggesting that the DTEK needs to be updated forever in order to maintain the "world's most secure Android device" designation, or else fail the promise at the time of the original sale?
    06-28-17 06:56 PM
    For various reasons, I recently decided to move from my PRIV to the DTEK60, rather than the new KeyOne, mainly because I don't use a pbk much anymore and because I also use VR apps in the classroom. Nothing against the KeyOne itself, but my wife has the 60 and loves it.

Suddenly, though, the DTEK60 seems to have fallen off the radar to buy new, at least in the US, just one month after a sale price on ShopBlackberry. B&H Photo has it listed at $449, which is a good price, but neither Amazon nor Best Buy carry it new anymore and that is where ShopBlackberry sends you when you look there now.

I don't really want to buy a discontinued phone, but is the KeyOne the only option if I want to stay with Blackberry?
    I have the opposite problem with the PRIV I can't keep the dang thing shut! Current rating pbk 75% touch screen 25%. I'm also in love with the full screen the PRIV hit it right on the head for me.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-28-17 07:12 PM
    Given that stock Android cones with almost zero functionality, I find the whole."We need Nougat in the Priv and DTEK phones" ironic.

To my knowledge there isn't a single app for Nougat that won't run just as well on Marshmallow. And given that only about 10% of currently active Android phones are running Nougat, with almost 3x as many still running Lollipop, Marshmallow will be more than adequate for another two years.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to get Nougat, but, considering the current version of Marshmallow was just published two months ago, there isn't any discernible difference in functionality or security at this point in time.

Anyone keeping the phone for three or more years will likely wish they had Nougat at some point.

My personal belief is that BlackBerry should upgrade the DTEKs, but probably not the Priv, which already received a version upgrade once and which is unlikely to still be used by many users by the time Marshmallow starts to show its age.

06-28-17 07:18 PM
    He said:

So I responded by asking why security patches and technical support do not qualify as support. I would have to assume he's talking about Nougat since that's the ONLY thing BlackBerry is not providing.
    Even with that nougat-secured update, it's dare to see the different in security terms right?

Like everyone else, I personally don't count small optimizations as an update support. Jumping android/OS versions does. Like what apple do in their iphone lines.
    06-28-17 07:38 PM
    He said:

True, but I do believe BlackBerry calls it security updates on their literature. Nbd, what you call them if they are not coming out monthly as they committed too.
    06-28-17 07:47 PM
    what you call them if they are not coming out monthly as they committed too.
    Could be means 'no security concerns' at a time?
    06-28-17 07:51 PM
    It was just a single small initial batch. Probably the minimum required by the hardware contract already signed with TCL prior to the decision to leave devices.

They've been sold out for a while.
    Wait, I don't understand. The DTEK60 was an obligation to fulfill? The phones been out 7 months and its already killed?
    06-28-17 08:22 PM
    Wait, I don't understand. The DTEK60 was an obligation to fulfill? The phones been out 7 months and its already killed?
    It appears so... My advice is don't buy another phone that has a BlackBerry logo on it.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-28-17 08:29 PM
    It was my impression BlackBerry tried to get out of the DTEK60.

All DTEKs are sold out and no longer available. BlackBerry actually doesn't sell a single device of any kind anymore.
    06-28-17 08:29 PM
    i dont know if most of you guys saw and read accdg to kevin that highly likely dtek60 dtek50 and priv will not get a nougat.. Highly likely= never naaadaa it is a no no to tell some a straight answer no.. but come on guys move on. i feel what u guys are feeling that but there's no blackberry anymore.. They will not waste money on nougat update... sad but you have to accept dtek's fate
    06-28-17 08:30 PM
    and yes i dont know why this thread is not even on trending post and all we see about there is keyone post hahaha
    06-28-17 08:34 PM
    and yes i dont know why this thread is not even on trending post and all we see about there is keyone post hahaha
    Crackberry is run by BlackBerry mobile /tcl. Hence all the key zero ads. They are only allowing topics that have Key1 in it to trend. Trying to build up fake interest.

The big sold out topic is really about crackberry selling out, not the key1
    chi-town311 and HughJarsse like this.
    06-28-17 08:48 PM
    It was my impression BlackBerry tried to get out of the DTEK60.

All DTEKs are sold out and no longer available. BlackBerry actually doesn't sell a single device of any kind anymore.
    I understand. I thought though that TCL manufactured the DTEK60. I swear it seems like that device just came out.
    06-28-17 08:51 PM
    I understand. I thought though that TCL manufactured the DTEK60. I swear it seems like that device just came out.
    TCL was hired by BlackBerry to build the DTEKs for them, yes. That was before the licencing agreement was reached where TCL licenced the entire brand and software to do it completely on their own. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the first TCL BlackBerry-branded device.
    06-28-17 08:56 PM
934 ... 1617181920 ...