So if this egregious behavior has occurred as you describe:

1. Don't buy the KEYone.
    2. Return your DTEK60 under the warranty return clause.
    3. Buy a different brand of phone.
    I agree, but who do I call about the warranty? BlackBerry, BlackBerry mobile, tcl, crackberry, conite. McDonald's, or Wendy's?

BTW I'm waiting for the pixel 2 to come out with a guaranteed 2 years of best in class security support. It's cheaper than buying a BlackBerry that only supports it's phones for 6 or 7 months.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-28-17 08:36 AM
    Ok. Suppose McDonalds was out of the restaurant business, and you went to Wendys and were able to buy a new burger called the McDonalds Big Mac, because McDonalds licenced the name and the special sauce to Wendys.

Would you hold it against Wendys that McDonalds decided to pack it in?

There, nailed it!
    Nope still not the same because Blackberry did not pack it in there name and logo is on the device and they receive revenue from sales.
    06-28-17 08:39 AM
    Nope still not the same because Blackberry did not pack it in there name and logo is on the device and they receive revenue from sales.
    It is, because McDonald's packed in the restaurant business just like Blackberry packed in the device business. And in my example McDonald's has moved on to other things but continue to license the Big Mac brand and provide the Special Sauce for that brand to Wendy's. Plus, Wendy's continues to sell the Alcatel burger, the TCL branded hot dog, and Roku branded wraps.
    06-28-17 08:47 AM
    I agree, but who do I call about the warranty? BlackBerry, BlackBerry mobile, tcl, crackberry, conite. McDonald's, or Wendy's?

BTW I'm waiting for the pixel 2 to come out with a guaranteed 2 years of best in class security support. It's cheaper than buying a BlackBerry that only supports it's phones for 6 or 7 months.

Warranty is BlackBerry Limited. BlackBerry Limited doesn't make phones anymore so they don't have anymore phones to sell you anyway. They also don't care what other brand you buy.... They're used to 99% of the planet buying some other brand.
    06-28-17 08:57 AM
    With respect to new branded devices, BlackBerry needs only be trustworthy to its three customers.
    Wow... just wow.

Speechless...
    06-28-17 09:28 AM
    Wow... just wow.

Speechless...
    Why?

You buy a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ from TCL, and you put your trust in TCL. As a TCL customer, you have no relationship with BlackBerry.
    06-28-17 09:32 AM
    It is, because McDonald's packed in the restaurant business just like Blackberry packed in the device business. And in my example McDonald's has moved on to other things but continue to license the Big Mac brand and provide the Special Sauce for that brand to Wendy's. Plus, Wendy's continues to sell the Alcatel burger, the TCL branded hot dog, and Roku branded wraps.
    They did not pack in the device busines. They only packed in the manufacturing of devices.
    The Blackberry device is still available and is advertised all over this website if you haven't noticed.

The Keyone(maybe they called "one") because it will be the only one before BB sinks.
    06-28-17 09:32 AM
    Wow... just wow.

Speechless...
    Exactly! Feel used don't you.
    06-28-17 09:36 AM
    They did not pack in the device busines. They only packed in the manufacturing of devices.
    The Blackberry device is still available and is advertised all over this website if you haven't noticed.

The Keyone(maybe they called "one") because it will be the only one before BB sinks.
    No. You can't buy a device from BlackBerry anymore. They still sell the remaining stock of accessories, but that's it.

BlackBerry IS out of the device business. They don't sell, market, distribute, support any branded device. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ promotional spot on BlackBerry is just a link to TCL.

BlackBerry never manufactured devices - they always contracted others to do that (TCL, Wistron, Foxconn, etc).
    06-28-17 09:38 AM
    Why?

You buy a new KEYᵒⁿᵉ from TCL, and you put your trust in TCL. As a TCL customer, you have no relationship with BlackBerry.
    But you are not buying it from tcl, it's not on tcl 's website. It is on BlackBerry website.
    Check out the link
    https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones
    06-28-17 09:39 AM
    But you are not buying it from tcl, it's not on tcl 's website. It is on BlackBerry website.
    Check out the link
    https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones
    ww.blackberrymobile.com

That is TCL's website for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. BlackBerry just redirects you there.
    06-28-17 09:40 AM
    ww.blackberrymobile.com

That is TCL's website for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. BlackBerry just redirects you there.
    So if they are out of the handset business why are they advertising it along with the other smartphones they carried prior to exiting the smartphone business?

You can't argue that they are out of the handset business when they still advertise and offer handsets for sale.

If so it's called false advertising and they can be held liable for that
    06-28-17 09:49 AM
    So if they are out of the handset business why are they advertising it along with the other smartphones they carried prior to exiting the smartphone business?

You can't argue that they are out of the handset business when they still advertise and offer handsets for sale.

If so it's called false advertising and they can be held liable for that
    Why is it false advertising?

TCL probably pays them to host a link, or BlackBerry provides it free because sales of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ increases their licencing revenues.

Either way, there is nothing illegal about the arrangement. It's just business.
    06-28-17 09:58 AM
    Why?

In all honesty I struggle to fathom that you honestly believe that.
    06-28-17 10:09 AM
    Dude... you are sooooooo reaching.

Just take the blinders off... just for moment...
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-28-17 10:12 AM
    Why is it false advertising?

TCL probably pays them to host a link, or BlackBerry provides it free because sales of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ increases their licencing revenues.

Either way, there is nothing illegal about the arrangement. It's just business.
    Then they are not out of the handset business. Only the manufacturing of them.

They carry handsets so they are not out of the business.

Distinctly different.
    Distinctly BlackBerry.
    06-28-17 10:14 AM
    In all honesty I struggle to fathom that you honestly believe that.
    And I find it astonishing that a buyer believes that anyone else apart from the seller bears any responsibility to him for the product.
    06-28-17 10:17 AM
    And I find it astonishing that a buyer believes that anyone else apart from the seller bears any responsibility to him for the product.
    You just might find that you wouldn't be so astonished if you'd step back and take the blinders off... just for a moment.
    06-28-17 10:26 AM
    Dude... you are sooooooo reaching.

Just take the blinders off... just for moment...
    It's the fact. No opinion involved.
    06-28-17 10:30 AM
    Ok if you want to take that approach then the sellers are Amazon and Best buy. They have the phones for sale and they say by BlackBerry not BlackBerry mobile or tcl.

Distinctly different.
    Distinctly BlackBerry
    Distinctly giving you the shaft
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-28-17 10:32 AM
    Then they are not out of the handset business. Only the manufacturing of them.

They carry handsets so they are not out of the business.

Distinctly different.
    Distinctly BlackBerry.
    Good grief. A link does not a business make.
    06-28-17 10:36 AM
    Good grief. A link does not a business make.
    Ok Yoda over time must Kevin pay you 😁
    06-28-17 10:40 AM
    Ok Yoda over time must Kevin pay you 😁
    I wish.

I swear the three of you are just punking me now. Lol.
    06-28-17 10:41 AM
    Horrible analogy. A burger is consumed immediately. A normal consumer expects a phone to last about 2 years, or more. And if said phone is promoted as the most secure phone, then the expectation would be that the phone remain the most secure for the life of the produce. It's a reasonable assumption in my mind.
    06-28-17 10:45 AM
    Horrible analogy. A burger is consumed immediately. A normal consumer expects a phone to last about 2 years, or more. And if said phone is promoted as the most secure phone, then the expectation would be that the phone remain the most secure for the life of the produce. It's a reasonable assumption in my mind.
    Sure. But it's TCL that is selling you the 2 year burger. BlackBerry only contributes the name Big Mac and the special sauce. It's up to TCL to make appropriate arrangements to make sure the sauce stays fresh - and that's only between them and BlackBerry.
    06-28-17 10:50 AM
934 ... 1213141516 ...