Still up 60% from a year ago. Not too shabby.
    06-27-17 09:00 PM
    Yes penny stocks usually have good returns
    06-27-17 09:03 PM
    That list needs it's own quotation marks.
    Thats what I thought, I know I didn't get Feb or May on those dates. Must have been their version of when the promised June?
    06-27-17 09:20 PM
    Yeah if you own a million shares. 60% is ONLY because of the settlement they received, NOT sales that's for sure. Facts are facts... 60% my butt
    06-27-17 09:35 PM
    That list needs it's own quotation marks.
    Thats what I thought, I know I didn't get Feb or May on those dates. Must have been their version of when the promised June?
    Search the forums. That's when everybody started receiving them. Myself included.
    06-27-17 09:40 PM
    Yeah if you own a million shares. 60% is ONLY because of the settlement they received, NOT sales that's for sure. Facts are facts... 60% my butt
    Exactly!!

That 60% was only due to Qualcomm settlement and will eventually evaporate.

There will be one more pop due to johnny's recently announced stock buy back... which he's doing because he KNOWS he's in trouble... and he's got lots of cash due to good lawyers.

After that... BBRY is toast.

Hard to believe shareholders don't care about company reputation. Obviously not a long term quality investor.
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 06-27-17 at 10:24 PM.
    06-27-17 09:43 PM
    Exactly!!

That 60% was only due to Qualcomm settlement and will eventually evaporate.

There will be one more pop due to johnny's recently announced stock buy back... which he's doing because he KNOWS he's in trouble... and he's got lots of cash due to good lawyers.

After that... BBRY is toast.

Hard to believe shareholders don't care able company reputation. Obviously not a long term quality investor.
    I'll put my faith in Fairfax/Prem over your opinion any day. I'm an industry professional for over 25 years. You do your thing and I'll do mine.
    06-27-17 09:52 PM
    Search the forums. That's when everybody started receiving them. Myself included.
    Interesting, not me in May and pretty sure Feb was second week. No big deal as long as we get them I guess.
    06-27-17 10:38 PM
    Again history speaks volumes, the key 1 gets its security updates from BlackBerry, the same place the Dtek series use to, not tcl.
    Well it gets those updates because it pays Blackberry for them - how long it gets these updates isn't down to Blackberry but how long TCL has agreed to pay for updates for.

An unknown at the moment. Conite is completely right that it is impossible to predict how TCL/Blackberry mobile will act based on how Blackberry acted.
    06-28-17 02:26 AM
    I have no authority here. I was simply awarded the Ambassador distinction for my help and service to the community over the years.
    And blinding, unswerving unalterable 'loyalty to the brand' (whatever they may morph into!)
    Coupled with an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude to those who have a grievance, rather than at least TRYING to see things from people who have been 'shafted' by BB, and armed with the phrases 'Blackberry will do what Blackberry wants to do' & 'Blackberry will say what Blackberry wants to say' , and the famous 'but it's not Blackberry anymore, it's TCL, a totally different scenario' as the answer when all 'logic' fails....
    As I have repeatedly stated, UK & EU 'customers' have been 'shafted' from the word go, by BB, who it appears deliberately set about selling devices they knew they were going to 'dump' even before they went on sale, and, repeatedly sent updates out late, sometimes up to a month late.. and, refuse to even admit that there will be nothing for Dtek's except a few later and later updates.
    This for a pair of phones not even out of their 12 month 'warranty' period!!
    (and the advice on here? buy a Keyone!!)
    06-28-17 06:02 AM
    All the excuses in the world won't change the fact there is only one CEO responsible for anything with the Blackberry label no matter who is building it.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-28-17 06:32 AM
    And blinding, unswerving unalterable 'loyalty to the brand' (whatever they may morph into!)
    Coupled with an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude to those who have a grievance, rather than at least TRYING to see things from people who have been 'shafted' by BB, and armed with the phrases 'Blackberry will do what Blackberry wants to do' & 'Blackberry will say what Blackberry wants to say' , and the famous 'but it's not Blackberry anymore, it's TCL, a totally different scenario' as the answer when all 'logic' fails....
    As I have repeatedly stated, UK & EU 'customers' have been 'shafted' from the word go, by BB, who it appears deliberately set about selling devices they knew they were going to 'dump' even before they went on sale, and, repeatedly sent updates out late, sometimes up to a month late.. and, refuse to even admit that there will be nothing for Dtek's except a few later and later updates.
    (and the advice on here? buy a Keyone!!)
    I'm not here to hold anyone's hand. If you feel better being angry, then fill your boots. But transferring that anger to TCL is illogical.
    06-28-17 06:42 AM
    All the excuses in the world won't change the fact there is only one CEO responsible for anything with the Blackberry label no matter who is building it.
    How do you define "responsible"?

BlackBerry has simply offered the brand name to three other companies for a small stipend.
    06-28-17 06:45 AM
    How do you define "responsible"?

BlackBerry has simply offered the brand name to three other companies for a small stipend.

Definition of responsible
    a : liable to be called on to answer
    b (1) : liable to be called to account as the primary cause, motive, or agent a committee responsible for the job (2) : being the cause or explanation mechanical defects were responsible for the accident
    c : liable to legal review or in case of fault to penalties
    a : able to answer for one's conduct and obligations : trustworthy
    b : able to choose for oneself between right and wrong
    : marked by or involving responsibility or accountability responsible financial policies
    : politically answerable; especially : required to submit to the electorate if defeated by the legislature —used especially of the British cabinet
    06-28-17 06:57 AM
    If you have a UK warranty that covers the hardware works out of the box - it has nothing to do with software updates.

Android devices should always be bought on the basis that what you get is all you will ever have.
    06-28-17 06:58 AM
    Definition of responsible
    a : liable to be called on to answer
    b (1) : liable to be called to account as the primary cause, motive, or agent a committee responsible for the job (2) : being the cause or explanation mechanical defects were responsible for the accident
    c : liable to legal review or in case of fault to penalties
    a : able to answer for one's conduct and obligations : trustworthy
    b : able to choose for oneself between right and wrong
    : marked by or involving responsibility or accountability responsible financial policies
    : politically answerable; especially : required to submit to the electorate if defeated by the legislature —used especially of the British cabinet
    Right, so none of those apply as far as the end consumer is concerned.

BlackBerry only answers to its three customers with respect to its brand name - TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom.
    06-28-17 07:00 AM
    Right, so none of those apply.
    Not in your TCL cheerleader role obviously you are wearing blinders.

The most important word you missed in the definition is "Trustworthy" which at the moment anything Blackberry is not.
    06-28-17 07:02 AM
    Not in your TCL cheerleader role obviously you are wearing blinders.

The most important word you missed in the definition is "Trustworthy" which at the moment anything Blackberry is not.
    With respect to new branded devices, BlackBerry needs only be trustworthy to its three customers.
    06-28-17 07:03 AM
    With respect to new branded devices, BlackBerry needs only be trustworthy to its three customers.
    See that's the problem, those 3 customers didn't spend their money to keep BlackBerry afloat for the last few years, die hard BlackBerry loyalists did, the same ones that are mad.

Now that BlackBerry has dropped us like a used hooker, they lost our trust. I personally won't be buying a new BlackBerry phone, no matter who makes it.
    06-28-17 07:30 AM
    See that's the problem, those 3 customers didn't spend their money to keep BlackBerry afloat for the last few years, die hard BlackBerry loyalists did, the same ones that are mad.

Now that BlackBerry has dropped us like a used hooker, they lost our trust. I personally won't be buying a new BlackBerry phone, no matter who makes it.
    Do what you must, of course.

Personally I don't blame McDonald's because I got a bad burger from Wendy's.
    06-28-17 07:39 AM

You would if it was called a Big Mac and had McDonald's logo on it.
    06-28-17 07:43 AM

Poor comparison. Try again.
    I didn't know Wendy's was licensed through McDonalds.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-28-17 07:56 AM
    You would if it was called a Big Mac and had McDonald's logo on it.
    Poor comparison. Try again.
    I didn't know Wendy's was licensed through McDonalds.
    Ok. Suppose McDonalds was out of the restaurant business, and you went to Wendys and were able to buy a new burger called the McDonalds Big Mac, because McDonalds licenced the name and the special sauce to Wendys.

Would you hold it against Wendys that McDonalds decided to pack it in?

There, nailed it!
    06-28-17 08:02 AM
    Ok. Suppose McDonalds was out of the restaurant business, and you went to Wendys and were able to buy a new burger called the McDonalds Big Mac, because McDonalds licenced the name and the special sauce to Wendys.

Would you hold it against Wendys that McDonalds decided to pack it in?

There, nailed it!
    Hilarious 😂. Only if McDonald's touted to be the best at security and charged $500 a burger
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-28-17 08:12 AM
    So if this egregious behavior has occurred as you describe:

1. Don't buy the KEYone.
    2. Return your DTEK60 under the warranty return clause.
    3. Buy a different brand of phone.
    06-28-17 08:24 AM
934 ... 1112131415 ...