Completely different Corporation. What happened with Blackberry has no bearing on what may happen with TCL.
    I don't know why you continue to use that line with everyone. We pretty much all bought our phones from BlackBerry, and we bought a BlackBerry phone, NOT a TCL period. This is a Dtek60 form right? If BlackBerry doesn't follow through with their claim for most secure phone, latest updates, I won't be going after TCL trust me
    anon(10123624) likes this.
    06-27-17 07:35 PM
    Say what you want, but it's still better than anything else.
    Not the Pixel my friend
    06-27-17 07:37 PM
    And this one said it was going to run Nougat out of the box! More lies?

Measuring in at just 7mm across and weighing 165g, the DTEK60 will run Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, and feature USB-C charging
    And the link for article: First details emerge about BlackBerry's NEXT big smartphone | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
    06-27-17 07:37 PM
    I don't know why you continue to use that line with everyone. We pretty much all bought our phones from BlackBerry, and we bought a BlackBerry phone, NOT a TCL period. This is a Dtek60 form right? If BlackBerry doesn't follow through with their claim for most secure phone, latest updates, I won't be going after TCL trust me
    Please try and keep up.

I was responding to someone mentioning the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    06-27-17 07:40 PM
    And another one of the lies. This is why people purchased them, then Blackberry and TCL who made the Dtek60 and who also makes the Key1 pulled the wool over our eyes with false advertising.

Apple's formal rival BlackBerry was recently spotted at Geekbench for its fourth android headset. The device is BBB100-1, which is rumored as BlackBerry Mercury that will be running on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
    Link: BlackBerry Mercury To Run On Android 7.0 Nougat This Christmas; DTEK60 Release This October For $655? : Technology : Parent Herald
    06-27-17 07:42 PM
    Prior to this month (which isn't over yet) the DTEK60 has only missed April.
    Missed April, very late in May, and only three days left in June..just the facts.
    06-27-17 07:45 PM
    And another one of the lies. This is why people purchased them, then Blackberry and TCL who made the Dtek60 and who also makes the Key1 pulled the wool over our eyes with false advertising.

Link: BlackBerry Mercury To Run On Android 7.0 Nougat This Christmas; DTEK60 Release This October For $655? : Technology : Parent Herald
    Blackberry abandoned the Mercury when they decided to get out of the device business. TCL bought the design when they decided to sell blackberry branded devices as a licensee. The Mercury evolved into the keyone, and was in fact shipped with nougat. There are no lies or deception here at all.
    06-27-17 07:54 PM
    Missed April, very late in May, and only three days left in June..just the facts.
    /blackberry-dtek60-f457/dtek60-abandoned-1112566-post12942192/
    06-27-17 07:58 PM
    Please try and keep up.

I was responding to someone mentioning the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    I'm totally keeping up, you were responding to a post about "BlackBerry being the most secure phones" And you always pull out your TCL card on everyone.
    06-27-17 07:59 PM
    Btw folks, here is the "disastrous" release schedule:

DTEK60 (patch/received/build)

Nov5 Nov11 build AAH487

Dec5 Dec5 build AAI039

Jan5 Jan4 build AAI470

Feb5 Feb5 build AAJ051

Mar5 Mar9 build AAJ934

Apr5 missed

May5 May8 build AAL158
    Ah, I didn't get mine on my 60 until mid May. Thanks for clearing that one up.
    06-27-17 08:01 PM
    I'm totally keeping up, you were responding to a post about "BlackBerry being the most secure phones" And you always pull out your TCL card on everyone.
    Here's the exchange:

Fordberry:
    If people are ok with being duped by a corporation (BlackBerry) then go ahead and purchase a keyone.

Conite:
    Completely different Corporation. What happened with Blackberry has no bearing on what may happen with TCL.
    06-27-17 08:21 PM
    Here's the exchange:

Fordberry:
    If people are ok with being duped by a corporation (BlackBerry) then go ahead and purchase a keyone.

Conite:
    Dude, not here to argue with you. We all see how we want. Lighten up.. Breath..
    06-27-17 08:23 PM
    Here's the exchange:

Fordberry:

Conite:
    For the record you added the "Blackberry" in my quote.
    06-27-17 08:25 PM
    For the record you added the "Blackberry" in my quote.
    Yes. That was for context. I didn't want to copy the entire post.
    06-27-17 08:26 PM
    Nope. Blackberry is a Blackberry. Like I said if you're ok with having the wool pulled over your eyes by corporations then go ahead and enjoy your Key1.
    Of course it's a BlackBerry!

The only marking a DTEK60 has on it is a BlackBerry logo. No TCL, no Alcatel... nothing.

When you boot it up the first thing you see is "BlackBerry Powered by Android" .

Of course it's a BlackBerry. Trying to obscure that fact with licensing gibberish is just silly.
    06-27-17 08:27 PM
    Here's the exchange:

Fordberry:

Conite:
    But you left out his whole post, that led him to his closing statement, totality is the key here, not picking the part you want to hear.
    06-27-17 08:27 PM

The only marking a DTEK60 has on it is a BlackBerry logo. No TCL, no Alcatel... nothing.

When you boot it up the first thing you see is "BlackBerry Powered by Android" .

Of course it's a BlackBerry. Trying to obscure that fact with licensing gibberish is just silly.
    Exactly. What does it say when you boot up a Key1? I wouldn't know because I will not purchase one and urge others to do the same until Blackberry provides us with the "most secure phone's"
    06-27-17 08:30 PM

We all know the DTEK60 is a BlackBerry device - sold, distributed, and supported by BlackBerry.

We all know the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), BlackBerry-branded device - sold, distributed, and supported by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).

We all know they both use the same software and display the BlackBerry logo.

The point of my posts here is to demonstrate who is ultimately responsible for each device.

If one has a problem with the DTEK60, only BlackBerry is to blame.

If one has a problem with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, only TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) is to blame.

How BlackBerry chose to support its customers is completely unrelated to how TCL will choose to support its customers. It may be better, or it may be worse. I don't know. I'm just saying it's blazing a new trail. Whatever baggage one has regarding BlackBerry has to be left at the door as we are now dealing with TCL.
    06-27-17 08:39 PM
    Btw folks, here is the "disastrous" release schedule:

DTEK60 (patch/received/build)

Nov5 Nov11 build AAH487

Dec5 Dec5 build AAI039

Jan5 Jan4 build AAI470

Feb5 Feb5 build AAJ051

Mar5 Mar9 build AAJ934

Apr5 missed

May5 May8 build AAL158
    That list needs it's own quotation marks.
    06-27-17 08:39 PM
    But you left out his whole post, that led him to his closing statement, totality is the key here, not picking the part you want to hear.
    That's the part I was responding to.
    06-27-17 08:40 PM
    We all know the DTEK60 is a BlackBerry device - sold, distributed, and supported by BlackBerry.

We all know the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile), BlackBerry-branded device - sold, distributed, and supported by TCL (BlackBerry Mobile).

We all know they both use the same software and display the BlackBerry logo.

The point of my posts here is to demonstrate who is ultimately responsible for each device.

If one has a problem with the DTEK60, only BlackBerry is to blame.

If one has a problem with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, only TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) is to blame.

How BlackBerry chose to support its customers is completely unrelated to how TCL will choose to support its customers. It may be better, or it may be worse. I don't know. I'm just saying it's blazing a new trail.
    Again history speaks volumes, the key 1 gets its security updates from BlackBerry, the same place the Dtek series use to, not tcl.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-27-17 08:43 PM
    Again history speaks volumes, the key 1 gets its security updates from BlackBerry, the same place the Dtek series use to, not tcl.
    Yes, but the responsibility lies solely with TCL and the deal they crafted with one of its smaller vendors (in this case BlackBerry).
    06-27-17 08:46 PM
    Exactly. What does it say when you boot up a Key1? I wouldn't know because I will not purchase one and urge others to do the same until Blackberry provides us with the "most secure phone's"
    Doesn't matter. BlackBerry Limited doesn't care if you buy a KEYone. As shareholder, I don't care if you buy a KEYone and I don't want the company wasting anymore cash on PRIV or DTEK. As long as Chen keeps doing his job same as last 3 1/2 years, I and 95% of the other shareholders are happy. He saved the company by dumping BB10 and hardware and we're all good with that.

Knowing that no amount of complaining will bring pathetic decisions to support losing strategy back helps me sleep and the complaining, a smile to my face..... This all because I've never seen this amount of complaining for a phone update. 1st world problems that are so unimportant in the game of life....
    06-27-17 08:47 PM
    Doesn't matter. BlackBerry Limited doesn't care if you buy a KEYone. As shareholder, I don't care if you buy a KEYone and I don't want the company wasting anymore cash on PRIV or DTEK. As long as Chen keeps doing his job same as last 3 1/2 years, I and 95% of the other shareholders are happy. He saved the company by dumping BB10 and hardware and we're all good with that.

Knowing that no amount of complaining will bring pathetic decisions to support losing strategy back helps me sleep and the complaining, a smile to my face..... This all because I've never seen this amount of complaining for a phone update. 1st world problems that are so unimportant in the game of life....
    Yes those shares are doing great: BlackBerry Misses Sales Forecast, Shares Tumble | Fortune.com
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-27-17 08:56 PM

Glad to bring a smile to your face. How about that beating your shares took on Friday? Where you smiling then? How did you sleep that night?

This is a discussion forum and that's what we are doing.
    06-27-17 08:56 PM
934 ... 1011121314 ...