7th generation Crackberrian on my Father's side. Been a member of CrackBerry since the War of the States....
    06-27-17 03:36 PM
    Holy F. A non-Keyone thread is in the trending list. Of course, it has 8 posts and isn't nearly as negative as this one, but it's something.

CrackBerry is a marketing arm of TCL/BlackBerry Mobile at this point. That much is obvious. No one from their team cares about the DTEK series. It's history.
    06-27-17 03:53 PM
    Not everyone has to be labelled a shill or a troll. Can we not just be free to have a friendly debate? I hold no ill will towards anyone.
    Don't you know any disagreement is trolling?
    06-27-17 04:00 PM
    People it's not worth arguing in this site. It is already biased in favour of TCL and the "New Blackberry" as they are one of the biggest advertisers and sponsors of the site and Conite is their biggest cheerleader.

As long as the blackberry label is on anything they sell I will not be shafted again.

You know what they say "Fool me once.......
    Yep
    06-27-17 04:03 PM
    2. Best in class security patch track record

Wow...when was this last reviewed and updated?

Not aimed at you Conite - just pointing it out
    06-27-17 05:01 PM
    2. Best in class security patch track record

Wow...when was this last reviewed and updated?

Not aimed at you Conite - just pointing it out
    I would still argue that the DTEKs are still best in class with regards to security updates. Combined, they've only missed 3 out of 17 targets.

Yes, it could be better, but it's still better than anyone else not named Google.

It's certainly better than the world's "best cup of coffee" that tastes like crap.
    06-27-17 05:09 PM
    I would still argue that the DTEKs are still best in class with regards to security updates. Combined, they've only missed 3 out of 17 targets.

Yes, it could be better, but it's still better than anyone else not named Google.

It's certainly better than the world's "best cup of coffee" that tastes like crap.
    They've missed 3 just on the dtek60 alone? I wouldn't call it best in class, maybe best in false advertising, or best in crapping on its customers
    06-27-17 05:20 PM
    To claim Blackberry phones are the most secure device you would need to be on the latest software period. I have a laptop with windows 7 still getting security updates but is it just as secure as with one with windows 10 with latest security updates?

The only way to teach blackberry a lesson no matter which division, is with your wallet and do not support any of their products do not buy them let them sink.

If people are ok with being duped by a corporation then go ahead and purchase a keyone.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-27-17 05:40 PM

If people are ok with being duped by a corporation then go ahead and purchase a keyone.
    Completely different Corporation. What happened with Blackberry has no bearing on what may happen with TCL.
    06-27-17 05:57 PM
    They've missed 3 just on the dtek60 alone? I wouldn't call it best in class, maybe best in false advertising, or best in crapping on its customers
    Prior to this month (which isn't over yet) the DTEK60 has only missed April.
    06-27-17 05:58 PM
    Completely different Corporation. What happened with Blackberry has no bearing on what may happen with TCL.
    Nope. Blackberry is a Blackberry. Like I said if you're ok with having the wool pulled over your eyes by corporations then go ahead and enjoy your Key1.
    06-27-17 06:00 PM
    Nope. Blackberry is a Blackberry.
    Well, you're not right, but have a nice day.
    06-27-17 06:06 PM
    Really? Can you say that with a straight face? What is the support agreement with tcl?
    06-27-17 06:19 PM
    Really? Can you say that with a straight face? What is the support agreement with tcl?
    TCL was in the driver's seat - that much is known with absolute certainty. They would never have crafted a deal that would have them spend tens of millions of dollars which would permit BlackBerry to disappear whenever they wanted.
    06-27-17 06:24 PM
    Prior to this month (which isn't over yet) the DTEK60 has only missed April.
    They had an issue at the beginning of this year with sending the update to the Dtek60. No update for May, and now they have 3 days left in June. First class support all the way baby
    06-27-17 06:24 PM
    They had an issue at the beginning of this year with sending the update to the Dtek60. No update for May, and now they have 3 days left in June. First class support all the way baby
    Say what you want, but it's still better than anything else.
    06-27-17 06:26 PM
    TCL was in the driver's seat - that much is known with absolute certainty. They would never have crafted a deal that would have them spend tens of millions of dollars which would permit BlackBerry to disappear whenever they wanted.
    But do they have an agreement that states that BlackBerry will provide updates?
    06-27-17 06:26 PM
    Say what you want, but it's still better than anything else.
    Nope nexus and pixel both have BlackBerry beat when it comes to security updates
    06-27-17 06:31 PM
    Nope nexus and pixel both have BlackBerry beat when it comes to security updates
    Obviously. I've stated that many times and assume that's understood.
    06-27-17 06:34 PM
    But do they have an agreement that states that BlackBerry will provide updates?
    Of course. The period of time, and the number of OS updates has not been publicly released.
    06-27-17 06:35 PM
    Soooo, here's where I think BlackBerry Mobile should go as to providing sufficient goodwill for its customers – past, present and future. It's clear that Google has publicly stated it will support the Pixel and Pixel XL through October, 2018. BlackBerry Mobile ought to come clean, too. Why? Most everyone knows that cell phone manufacturers realistically expect their buyers to purchase a new phone after about two years. I'm advocating keeping customers' expectations realistic, while at the same time preparing the DTEK phones' successors. That said, hopefully Google and BlackBerry's agreement allows for the DTEK phones to be updated to at least Android N (and hopefully O) within two years of the devices' release.
    06-27-17 06:45 PM
    Btw folks, here is the "disastrous" release schedule:

DTEK60 (patch/received/build)

Nov5 Nov11 build AAH487

Dec5 Dec5 build AAI039

Jan5 Jan4 build AAI470

Feb5 Feb5 build AAJ051

Mar5 Mar9 build AAJ934

Apr5 missed

May5 May8 build AAL158
    06-27-17 07:03 PM
    The old BB company used other sources to manufacture their phones. The Priv and the Dteks both use android software with BB security installed. BB stopped having a phone manufactured for them and turned to license agreements. The KeyONe is still running BB software per their agreements which appear Conite is the only one that has knowledge based on all of his comments . The rest of us have to rely upon common sense and what a reasonable person would believe to be the situation. BB is referring to itself as a software company. Being a software company they now have some degree of agreement with these 3 license partners to provide software to phones that are still carry the "BlackBerry" name . Therefore they are still in the phone software business regardless of which licensee actually makes the phone. To argue that they are not in the software business anymore then who is providing security to phones like the KeyOne. The answer is BlackBerry. Conite might be right that most enterprise customers would not care about the consumer side of the business, but if they can stop or change their mind about consumers then they also could in the future change their mind about enterprise or even about providing support for the TCL phones. Yes, I am sure there is some type of contract but what keeps BB from changing their view about doing phone software and decide to stop doing any phone software. There probably is some escape clauses where BB can walk away from this obligation. As many stated already it would seem that BB would improve its image by showing that they are the leader and not just one of the followers. To lead, they need to be the best, offering the best and offering at an efficient time frame. They could gain a lot of good will by showing that even though they are not in the phone business they still are one of the leaders in providing software which includes os updates. A software company should provide software for the products it sold and to be the most secure it should include the latest OS version along with timely patches. Since most of the posters here have not seen any agreement details between BB and it's partners we can only offer our opinions and indicate how it will impact us toward future transactions. At this point, I have no confidence that BB will do anything in the future regarding any of the licensee products except what is internally known by each licensee. I bought the Priv and both Dteks because i trusted a software company to continue to provide software. Because nothing was ever indicated that providing software updates would stop, then most consumers were lead by prior history that everything would continue regardless who was manufacturing future phones. Everyone here has the right to voice their opinions and then either spend or not spend future dollars on anything labeled "BlackBerry".
    06-27-17 07:23 PM
    And here is another recent article as of yesterday saying Dtek60 will be getting Nougat. More lies?

BlackBerry DTEK60 Nougat Update

The BlackBerry DTEK60 Android 7.0 update will be roll-out in the form of the monthly security update but that might not happen very soon as we have to wait until Q2, 2017 i.e., possibly in May or June. Yes, that’s right! That’s when the Android 7.0 Nougat update to BlackBerry DTEK60 will be rolled out. It will be available for download via Over the Air, the best method for software update right now.
    And the link for the whole story take note of the date. https://technosamigos.com/blackberry...nougat-update/
    06-27-17 07:31 PM
    And here is another recent article as of yesterday saying Dtek60 will be getting Nougat. More lies?

And the link for the whole story take note of the date. https://technosamigos.com/blackberry...nougat-update/
    Total junk news.
    06-27-17 07:35 PM
934 ... 910111213 ...