PRIV and DTEK were built for BB and they paid for everything. They carried all the risk of expenses and rewards of profits if there had been any. Wistron and TCL were paid to make the hardware for BB. They had little to no risk. They were just contract manufacturers. BBMo is owned by TCL. BB licensed the use of their name and logo to BBMo for hardware devices. BB gets paid for each device. They have no risk or responsibility for any devices after PRIV/DTEK. You can demand Nougat all you want but they never put in writing that you were getting it for PRIV or DTEK. You're getting MINIMAL support as contractually bound by the contract you got in the PRIV or DTEK box. THEY don't care about Nougat, we're not getting it no matter how much anybody cries about it....
    06-27-17 01:43 PM
    It does to me. I am not happy with my experience with a TCL built BlackBerry phone. Therefore TCL and BlackBerry have a negative perception in my mind. Even if the legal lines you draw with regard to the DTEK60 mean I should only be mad at BlackBerry.
    Me too! And there are many others. You are not alone.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-27-17 01:44 PM
    Just like when you're consulting for a company, they may even give you an email address and cubicle, but you're not an employee...you decide what you're going to do, when you're going to do it and EXIT anytime you'd like....

There's various levels with outsourcing and they've chosen the extreme with licensing. They have no legal obligation to back up anything BBMo does. They have to honor remaining warranties for PRIV/DTEK hardware sold recently.

If you think it's more, sue them, although I'm sure they'll out legal you with the law and out lawyer you with the bodies. Fairfax/Prem and the other institutional shareholders are pretty good with that sort of thing.
    Your examples continue to stop just short if making sense.

Given your example (presumably about me... though you know nothing about that) If you'd continued to say... the moment such a consultant tarnishes the brand reputation... they'd be out immediately... well then you might have shown some light on it.

But once again... you're completely missing the point that reputation has value... and it's a huge value that can hardly even be estimated.

Sadly the BlackBerry of today just doesn't care about reputation.

They WILL fail.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-27-17 01:44 PM
    Sure it does, with your bias it has everything to do with it.
    I'm not sure why this is so complicated.

TCL was simply a hardware vendor to BlackBerry on the DTEK series. Otherwise BlackBerry sold, distributed, and continues to support the devices. They are BLACKBERRY devices.

BlackBerry is simply a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile). Otherwise TCL sells, distributes, and supports the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) device.
    06-27-17 01:46 PM
    They are supporting it. You're just not getting Nougat.
    No... in fact they're lying about it.
    06-27-17 01:46 PM
    PRIV and DTEK were built for BB and they paid for everything. They carried all the risk of expenses and rewards of profits if there had been any. Wistron and TCL were paid to make the hardware for BB. They had little to no risk. They were just contract manufacturers. BBMo is owned by TCL. BB licensed the use of their name and logo to BBMo for hardware devices. BB gets paid for each device. They have no risk or responsibility for any devices after PRIV/DTEK. You can demand Nougat all you want but they never put in writing that you were getting it for PRIV or DTEK. You're getting MINIMAL support as contractually bound by the contract you got in the PRIV or DTEK box. THEY don't care about Nougat, we're not getting it no matter how much anybody cries about it....
    What about the 12 month "Direct Support from BlackBerry" ?? That stopped as of Jan 2017, bought two in Nov 2016
    06-27-17 01:48 PM
    I'm not sure why this is so complicated.

TCL was simply a hardware vendor to BlackBerry on the DTEK series. Otherwise BlackBerry sold, distributed, and continues to support the devices. They are BLACKBERRY devices.

BlackBerry is simply a software vendor to TCL (BlackBerry Mobile). Otherwise TCL sells, distributes, and supports the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) device.
    Its not complicated, I bought all 38 Dtek60's and two Priv 's from BlackBerry not TCL. Plain and simple on my end, no blinders on my thought process.
    06-27-17 01:52 PM
    Your examples continue to stop just short if making sense.

Given your example (presumably about me... though you know nothing about that) If you'd continued to say... the moment such a consultant tarnishes the brand reputation... they'd be out immediately... well then you might have shown some light on it.

But once again... you're completely missing the point that reputation has value... and it's a huge value that can hardly even be estimated.

Sadly the BlackBerry of today just doesn't care about reputation.

They WILL fail.
    In theory, reputation matters if BB had a brand. The reality is they don't have a positive hardware brand and haven't for several years.

BB hardware is the 20 year old fair valued pickup driven by the old guy down the street. It had value to him, but if somebody dings his door in the parking lot, it goes unnoticed with all the other scrapes already on the vehicle. Fair, no. Reality, yes.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    06-27-17 01:53 PM
    Its not complicated, I bought all 38 Dtek60's and two Priv 's from BlackBerry not TCL. Plain and simple on my end, no blinders on my thought process.
    Great! So what's the issue?
    06-27-17 01:53 PM
    From today... in case you haven't looked at their deceit lately.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Abandoned?-img_20170627_1152309.jpg  
    06-27-17 01:55 PM
    Great! So what's the issue?
    Wow! Take a look at the threads and posts on here to get a refresher of what the problem is. Google CS, and updates for the priv, dtek for that matter, plenty of problems. I know we poster's help keep CB in business, but Man the excuse patrol is getting old.
    06-27-17 02:00 PM
    In theory, reputation matters if BB had a brand. The reality is they don't have a positive hardware brand and haven't for several years.

BB hardware is the 20 year old fair valued pickup driven by the old guy down the street. It had value to him, but if somebody dings his door in the parking lot, it goes unnoticed with all the other scrapes already on the vehicle. Fair, no. Reality, yes.
    Again... one more step and it would have made alotta sense.

Given your explanation... then Prem is even dumber then johnny... cuz he should have just folded... thrown away the BlackBerry name and logo... and taken all of his money to start a new hedge fund with a new name... gobbling up other successful companies and calling them his own.
    06-27-17 02:01 PM
    From today... in case you haven't looked at their deceit lately.
    And where does it say anything about Nougat?
    06-27-17 02:02 PM
    Where does it say your monthly security patches will be delayed and we will not communicate with you regarding support for your device. We will say we are patching all BlackBerry phones purchased from ShopBlackBerry, but we actually will only send out the PRIV patch and everyone else can go take a hike.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-27-17 02:10 PM
    You what else I find funny, totally unrelated....

Why is this thread not showing up in the trending box up top? It has like 100 posts from today. Did CrackBerry basically eliminate DTEK60 threads from appearing in the trending lists.

Maybe CrackBerry is only interested in KeyOne at this point. Kind of weird, though. Seeing how BlackBerry didn't even build that device. I mean, they only just license the software.
    06-27-17 02:15 PM
    You what else I find funny, totally unrelated....

Why is this thread not showing up in the trending box up top? It has like 100 posts from today. Did CrackBerry basically eliminate DTEK60 threads from appearing in the trending lists.

Maybe CrackBerry is only interested in KeyOne at this point. Kind of weird, though. Seeing how BlackBerry didn't even build that device. I mean, they only just license the software.
    Good call
    06-27-17 02:21 PM
    The sad thing is .... I really like this phone but it feels like BB10 and my lovely Z30s all over again.

This phone is not supported as indicated in marketing materials prior to sale; nor are the very publicised if not confirmed potential indications for it to receive an OS update. MISOLD at only seven months in I've contacted BlackBerry to request a full refund .... in UK, items that are sold should be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose for at least a year unless lifespan is indicated as less ... I want a refund so we can ALL just walk away.

This again seems to be the way BlackBerry treats us few, but vocal people who wanted to believe the hollow promises. Never again will I foolishly part with money for anything even remotely connected to BlackBerry
    06-27-17 02:31 PM
    items that are sold should be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose for at least a year
    Now how do you figure the DTEK60 is not even fit for purpose? Come on. It sucks I'm not getting Nougat too, but "not merchantable quality"? Geesh.

All of the selling features listed above are just as valid today.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-27-17 02:35 PM
    Where does it say they will lie about monthly security patches?

Where does it say that DTEK (the app) is misleading advertising (at best) and quit possibly fraudulent advertising?

And "Most secure..."?

What a load of it!!!
    06-27-17 02:40 PM
    People it's not worth arguing in this site. It is already biased in favour of TCL and the "New Blackberry" as they are one of the biggest advertisers and sponsors of the site and Conite is their biggest cheerleader.

As long as the blackberry label is on anything they sell I will not be shafted again.

You know what they say "Fool me once.......
    06-27-17 02:45 PM
    I bought a high end, believed to be a totally supported device ... security patches promised (NOT delivered) which is essential in my line of work.

Good merchantable quality? I don't think that claim can be validated. Does this claim really need a Geesh to be added too?
    06-27-17 02:45 PM
    People it's not worth arguing in this site. It is already biased in favour of TCL and the "New Blackberry" as they are one of the biggest advertisers and sponsors of the site and Conite is their biggest cheerleader.

As long as the blackberry label is on anything they sell I will not be shafted again.

You know what they say "Fool me once.......
    You are correct sir!

And for the record... after 14 years of nothing but BlackBerry devices... I've been fooled for the last time.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-27-17 02:48 PM
    I am not being paid, nor coached by anyone at BlackBerry, TCL, or Crackberry. These are my thoughts and opinions only.

Plus, I'm not cheering the fact BlackBerry has left the device business. It's too bad, but it makes obvious financial sense for them as a company.

I am certainly partial to BlackBerry Mobile, because if not for them I would not be holding this KEYᵒⁿᵉ in my hand. So, ya, hurrah.

Not everyone has to be labelled a shill or a troll. Can we not just be free to have a friendly debate? I hold no ill will towards anyone.
    06-27-17 02:49 PM
    We are friends and people that can be bothered to write and express our individual views ...

Conite you are a person that I took note of, with information you were very ably giving on many areas...

This is so so wrong ... it took me years to log in and actually write something on this site ... but like others - enough is enough.

if you are not being coached / influenced .. show us .. get this placed in the trending posts or popular at Crackberry sections
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-27-17 03:04 PM
    if you are not being coached / influenced .. show us .. get this placed in the trending posts or popular at Crackberry sections
    I have no authority here. I was simply awarded the Ambassador distinction for my help and service to the community over the years.
    06-27-17 03:07 PM
934 ... 89101112 ...