What problems the Keyone is having??!

Posted via CB10
    My KEYone is having no problems, had it for two months now. Currently I'm standing in a field with my two dogs, 10.07pm in the UK. Transmitting via my BT Sim with 30Gb of data per month. Great ;-)
    06-24-17 04:08 PM
    [QUOTE=Fordberry;12938505]

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dtek & Keyone were both manufactured by TCL for Blackberry.
    Correct both were manufactured by TCL but the DTEKs were "BlackBerry" where the KEYone is TCL baby - software by BlackBerry.
    06-24-17 04:21 PM
    [QUOTE=nuff_said;12938523]
    Correct both were manufactured by TCL but the DTEKs were "BlackBerry" where the KEYone is TCL baby - software by BlackBerry.
    Ok so if the software is by BlackBerry, then BlackBerry can update the Dtek series to nougat. Right 😁
    anon(10123624) likes this.
    06-24-17 05:52 PM
    [QUOTE=Willieray3;12938600]

Ok so if the software is by BlackBerry, then BlackBerry can update the Dtek series to nougat. Right 😁
    True they can update the software.

My take is considering how long N has been out and with O coming out soon they won't. BlackBerry has been insanely quiet with their plans and with no mention of N - currently on 7.1.1 IIRC - they won't mention anything.

I'm looking forward to eating my words and the DTEKs get N but there's a big part of me that doubts it will happen.
    06-24-17 08:47 PM
    [QUOTE=nuff_said;12938714]
    True they can update the software.

My take is considering how long N has been out and with O coming out soon they won't. BlackBerry has been insanely quiet with their plans and with no mention of N - currently on 7.1.1 IIRC - they won't mention anything.

I'm looking forward to eating my words and the DTEKs get N but there's a big part of me that doubts it will happen.
    Why is it so hard for BlackBerry to say if nougat is coming or not.
    06-24-17 09:20 PM
    software is from BlackBerry a software company who stresses importance of security but is silent about keep securing the software by not only monthly updates but by offering the latest OS version fully secured for products carrying the BlackBerry name regardless of manufacturer
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-24-17 09:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Willieray3;12938744]

Why is it so hard for BlackBerry to say if nougat is coming or not.
    Because there is no upside/advantage for BlackBerry Original to do so.
    06-24-17 09:35 PM
    [QUOTE=Fordberry;12938505]

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dtek & Keyone were both manufactured by TCL for Blackberry.
    You are correct, that is why I stated a few post back that it would have been easy for the new Blackberry Mobile to roll out either the DTEK60 or some other flavor/update with the Keyone. Now were out here looking for the holy grail (old DTEK60 stock) just to have a somewhat current all touch device.
    06-25-17 06:22 AM
    People bought DTEK as security was their concern n being a premium flagship device , it's wrong to say its a legacy device so soon ... it hurts lol... BlackBerry can't make device legacy so fast like samsung )
    06-25-17 06:39 AM
    People bought DTEK as security was their concern n being a premium flagship device , it's wrong to say its a legacy device so soon ... it hurts lol... BlackBerry can't make device legacy so fast like samsung )
    Samsung releases, not including carrier interference, at least two major OS upgrades per flagship device.

Not counting security patches between them.
    06-25-17 07:37 AM
    If Blackberry are going to release no OS updates and stop security updates after 10 months of the phone being released, which is what it seems like at the moment with the DTEK60, then does that mean the K1 is finished by Feb / Mar next year?

I know it is something I have stated before, but they should have just ended BB devices (own hardware and licensed devices) and concentrate on software if thats what they want... it seems this is their long term plan with a gradual run down of devices, its just going to affect their reputation as people will not distinguish between BB Mobile and BB Software unless they really look into the business.
    06-25-17 08:09 AM
    [QUOTE=Chuck Finley69;12938752]

Because there is no upside/advantage for BlackBerry Original to do so.
    Of course there is.

It's calling REPUTATION!

And any CEO worth his salt would clearly understand that. Lying doesn't prosper in the end.

But sadly... such values are not in johnny's DNA.
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 06-25-17 at 11:39 AM.
    06-25-17 10:41 AM
    [QUOTE=crackberry_geek;12939208]

Of course there is.

It's calling REPUTATION!

And any CEO worth his salt would clearly understand that. Lying doesn't prosper in the end.

But sadly... such valies are not in johnny's DNA.
    It still comes down to math.

Cost of developing, deploying, and supporting Nougat on Priv and DTEKs versus cost of lost licencing revenues from disgruntled Priv and DTEK owners who believe this is a deal breaker for future purchases of BlackBerry-branded devices.
    06-25-17 10:59 AM
    [QUOTE=conite;12939225]

Cost of developing, deploying, and supporting Nougat on Priv and DTEKs versus cost of lost licencing revenues from disgruntled Priv and DTEK owners who believe this is a deal breaker for future purchases of BlackBerry-branded devices.
    Let's put Nougat aside for a moment.

They're supporting lies about simple security updates.

If they can't be trusted for simple stuff... then they can't be trusted at all.

Pretty simple really.
    06-25-17 11:41 AM
    [QUOTE=crackberry_geek;12939262]

Let's put Nougat aside for a moment.

They're supporting lies about simple security updates.

If they can't be trusted for simple stuff... then they can't be trusted at all.

Pretty simple really.
    You are entitled to see it that way. You can therefore govern yourself accordingly with respect to your future dealings with BlackBerry proper.

I tend to look at intent over letter, and still see excellent patch support overall - second only to Google themselves. I don't get my underwear all bunched up over a few missed targets - this is the real world after all.
    06-25-17 11:54 AM
    Wow... the excuses just never end... do they?
    06-25-17 11:56 AM
    Wow... the excuses just never end... do they?
    I'm not excusing anything. As a whole, the record shows BlackBerry is second only to Google, and that's the only thing that affects me. Whether they are first every month or not is just noise. Whether BlackBerry does or does not adhere to a specific press release makes no difference in my day.
    06-25-17 12:05 PM
    Buy a pixel and install BlackBerry services on it . You don't have to settle. Pixel will guarantee updates and you can keep using the BlackBerry services you like
    That's what I'll be doing when the P2 drops, only BlackBerry for 11yrs...No more!
    06-25-17 12:17 PM
    At this time I would either buy the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or another device (like the Pixel) and then jump back to BlackBerry Mobile when they release the next slab device, which I believe will be fairly soon.

As Uzi said you can load the BlackBerry suite on the device and then sideload the virtual keyboard.
    06-25-17 12:21 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;12939225]

Which will be many, thousands most likely, TLC / BLACKBERRY will feel it in the long run for sure, just like they did five years ago when the screwed their loyalist. Thank God for the Pixel! Regardless of the defenders of the new scam BB is running, BlackBerry will loose out in the end with this business model and customer service.
    06-25-17 12:24 PM
    [QUOTE=crackberry_geek;12939208]

Of course there is.

It's calling REPUTATION!

But sadly... such values are not in johnny's DNA.
    The reputation thing is the key for me and I agree with @crackberry_geek, people will (are) losing faith with their desire to complete updates... ignore the OS update, I dont really care about that, but to abandon a phone like the DTEK60 within the first year of it being brought to market is shocking (if we dont continue to receive updates of course).

The thing that annoys me is they seem to either not be learning, or dont care about their customers as these are the same issues raised with their own OS... plus they where still selling DTEKs on BB store up until recently and there is no mention of no longer supporting the phone, in the same way they were selling the Passport, Classic, Leap etc and leaving out the same information... essentially they are selling EOL devices without updating the consumer, therefore their reputations are affect.

I tweeted BBHelp and was told that they could not comment on security updates and to contact BBMobile, they ignored my tweet, as did BBSIRT... so considering they have about 5 twitter accounts in total, not including Mr Chens personal account, the lack of information and updates speak volumes to me... i.e. we have been struggling with sales and will do anything to make money, even by releasing phones and abandoning them 8 or 9 months later... so my plan to maybe order a K1 near the end of the year is out of the windows, as it will only receive sec updates until maybe March or April, then its EOL... good look with that customer focus plan Blackberry, already looking at other phones, their focus is clearer now than ever, make as much money out of the consumer as possible, then when the device sales fail, just keep making the software... so as per my previous post, why not just do that now!
    06-25-17 12:34 PM
    [QUOTE=dlmsd;12939303]

Which will be many, thousands most likely, TLC / BLACKBERRY will feel it in the long run for sure, just like they did five years ago when the screwed their loyalist.
    Sounds like a good argument on paper, but how many DTEKs were actually sold, and what percentage of those fit in that "eternally mad at BlackBerry as a result of no Nougat" category? My guess is that the number is substantially lower than you might think.
    06-25-17 01:00 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;12939335]

Sounds like a good argument on paper, but how many DTEKs were actually sold, and what percentage of those fit in that "eternally mad at BlackBerry as a result of no Nougat" category? My guess is that the number is substantially lower than you might think.
    I agree that the number will probably be very little, if I remember rightly both DTEKs where limited production models anyway, but its a continuation of lack of support from the BB10 devices through to the DTEKs.

I guess the proof will be the K1, if that does not receive any OS update then at least we know that the OS you buy the phone with is the one you will have for the life of the phone... which I dont care about really, for me its the sec updates, if they were to stop for the K1 after 8 or 9 months like DTEK60 then that would be very telling... of course we wont know until early next year if those stop, but from my point of view there is no way I am using an Android device with no sec updates so I will have to change, and there is no way I would chance getting another £400 - £500 device and sit with my fingers crossed hoping that they dont stop the sec updates, so by the time we find out if the abandoning of phones is within the first year of its release I would have moved to another manufacturer.
    06-25-17 01:20 PM
    software is from BlackBerry a software company who stresses importance of security but is silent about keep securing the software by not only monthly updates but by offering the latest OS version fully secured for products carrying the BlackBerry name regardless of manufacturer
    It's simple to me, I won't support a company that doesn't support their customers. If there is a BlackBerry logo on the phone and is sold to customers as a BlackBerry, then it's a freakin Blackberry! Tired of hearing it's a TLC, blah blah blah from the defenders of all things BlackBerry.

Either do what you sold your customers on, or take your name off the phone and fade away!
    06-25-17 01:20 PM
    [QUOTE=edhdurham;12939365]

I agree that the number will probably be very little, if I remember rightly both DTEKs where limited production models anyway, but its a continuation of lack of support from the BB10 devices through to the DTEKs.

I guess the proof will be the K1, if that does not receive any OS update then at least we know that the OS you buy the phone with is the one you will have for the life of the phone... which I dont care about really, for me its the sec updates, if they were to stop for the K1 after 8 or 9 months like DTEK60 then that would be very telling... of course we wont know until early next year if those stop, but from my point of view there is no way I am using an Android device with no sec updates so I will have to change, and there is no way I would chance getting another £400 - £500 device and sit with my fingers crossed hoping that they dont stop the sec updates, so by the time we find out if the abandoning of phones is within the first year of its release I would have moved to another manufacturer.
    I agree, if N comes it comes, would be nice though. I just would like monthly security updates in the month they were promised, still a few days left.
    06-25-17 01:25 PM
934 12345 ...