Double tap to wake is already present in some Android phones like LG even before Dtek was concieved.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    12-07-16 08:17 PM
    So, I am returning my Pixel today (it's boxed up and ready to go back). Here is why I believe the DTEK60 is hands down a better device.

DTEK60 Pro�s
    1.Price (half as much as my Pixel XL 128GB)!!!!!
    2.Micro SD Storage
    3.Stereo / Front facing speakers (on Pixel, your fingers or hand muffle sound)
    4.Blackberry software... let me elaborate
    a.The floating phone icon when you're in a call.. priceless! I use 7,000+ minutes a month
    b.Hub really does live up to its promise and continues to improve
    c. Other subtle enhancements to the OS (how the phone manages multi-tasking by making the "Close All" button so easy to tap)
    5.A design aesthetic that does not say iPhone. While I know BB didn't design this, the manufacture did a great job
    6.DTEK60 Multi-Function Button ... I cannot emphasize how nice this is
    7.Power Button on the opposite side of Volume rocker
    8.Always on Display (great for glancing at time)
    9.DoubleTap to wake (you don't have to pick up the phone)

PIXWL Pro�s
    1. Automated assistant.. ugh, big deal. OK Google does 90% of the same things and I think that's a gimmick and will spread to the rest of the Android product line
    2.Camera is simply amazing (waiting for real review of DTEK60)
    3.Battery Life
    4.821 Series CPU (tweaked)
    5.7.1 OS, optimized for performance

In summary, I believe the DTEK60 wins hands down. I am excited to see this and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

JIM
    Just confused. You are comparing the SPECS of the DTEK60 to your USAGE of the PIXEL XL...or did I misread.

Seems like you said Pixel is boxed ready for return and can't wait for DTEK60 arrive.

I truly hope the DTEK60 is everything you hope for and that you are happy with it, but SPECS don't tell the whole story.

But again maybe I misread and you were reviewing the DTEK60 based on experience.

My experience, the HUB works the same on all Android devices for the most part. It was better on the DTEK60 then DTEK50 because of updates. Still not close to BlackBerry 10.

The Android Experience in my opinion has been far better on the Pixel and S7 Active then PRIV, or either DTEK.

The DTEK60 is a great device...I'd probably use the word different then better though when comparing.

I guess I'd say a typical Android user would choose the Pixel XL hands down. While on the other hand a typical BlackBerry user would choose the DTEK60, if that makes sense.
    12-07-16 08:47 PM
    Can you download BBLAUCHER for the pixel?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 11:10 PM
    Nice to see your enthusiasm but you cherrry picked so many "Pros" for DTEK and not the Pixel. How about the following:

- Pixel XL has better screen (not PPI, but according to early hands on the TCL screen isn't amazing)
    - Pixel XL will have better battery life (I don't think anyone would debate this - bigger battery, Doze 2.0 etc)
    - Pixel XL has latest version of Android is a big deal! 7 has multi window, doze 2, App Shortcuts etc. Its a big update!
    - And... slightly controversial... I believe that Google will be pushing Android OS updates (not just security updates) to the XL in 24 months. Do you think BB will be working on Android 9 for the DTEK60 in 24 months...? I don't!

But, despite my little rant I think the DTEK60 looks nice. Its the right combo of specs vs price IMO. The Pixel XL is too expensive for me.
    The screen in the dtek60 is phenomenal.
    12-07-16 11:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can for Samsung Devices which makes me lean to a YES, but I haven't downloaded to my Pixel.
    12-08-16 07:43 AM
    Excellent review by OP. Dtek60 indeed is a great device.
    12-09-16 01:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    The hub+ suite includes bb launcher though i dont know why you would use it . There are much better launchers available

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-16 05:00 AM
    I don't have pixel XL but have pixel 5.2inch. Pixel has best call quality that I have ever used. How's the dtek60? My DTEK50 call quality was like average at best. Might pick up DTEK60 if it has good signal and call quality.
    12-09-16 12:42 PM
    That's very up to the user because the wifi signal (if you have wifi calling) and the cellular signal strength could be very different from one place to another... I find the reception to be very good but again, if you are in a building could be a totally different story...

I don't have pixel XL but have pixel 5.2inch. Pixel has best call quality that I have ever used. How's the dtek60? My DTEK50 call quality was like average at best. Might pick up DTEK60 if it has good signal and call quality.
    12-09-16 12:57 PM
    That's very up to the user because the wifi signal (if you have wifi calling) and the cellular signal strength could be very different from one place to another... I find the reception to be very good but again, if you are in a building could be a totally different story...
    My test was done in same location without wifi. I usually compare result in same environment so I can compare.
    12-09-16 01:03 PM
    And what's the verdict?

My test was done in same location without wifi. I usually compare result in same environment so I can compare.
    12-09-16 01:16 PM
    And what's the verdict?
    Huh? I am not complaining anything lol. Did you read my post? I want to know honest user feedback on DTEK60 signal and call quality so I can pick up one lol. I am just phone addict who buy a lot of phone including android, bb10, iPhone.
    12-09-16 01:22 PM
    I didn't say that you were complaining... I thought you were going to tell us about your findings about reception with other phones...

Huh? I am not complaining anything lol. Did you read my post? I want to know honest user feedback on DTEK60 signal and call quality so I can pick up one lol. I am just phone addict who buy a lot of phone including android, bb10, iPhone.
    12-09-16 01:56 PM
    I didn't say that you were complaining... I thought you were going to tell us about your findings about reception with other phones...
    Pixel came on top for me for signal and call quality. Not sure how I can rate it but for me.

Call quality and signal. This is all based on my personal experience in Los Angeles areas.

Pixel 9/10
    Samsung galaxy s7 8.5/10
    IPhone 6s plus 8/10
    IPhone SE 7.5/10
    DTEK50 7/10
    BlackBerry Passport 7.5/10
    Motor x pure 8/10
    12-09-16 02:46 PM
    Interesting... I remember my passport with the paratek antenna had a great signal reception so I guess the pixel is excellent according to your experience... thanks for the info...

Pixel came on top for me for signal and call quality. Not sure how I can rate it but for me.

Call quality and signal. This is all based on my personal experience in Los Angeles areas.

Pixel 9/10
    Samsung galaxy s7 8.5/10
    IPhone 6s plus 8/10
    IPhone SE 7.5/10
    DTEK50 7/10
    BlackBerry Passport 7.5/10
    Motor x pure 8/10
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-09-16 02:54 PM
    BTW, it's tmobile.
    12-09-16 02:59 PM
    Buying a phone without an SD card slot is like buying a new (overpriced) card every time you get a new device.

I can get the base 32GB version of a phone and throw in the card I already own without having to pay another $125 bucks or more for a decent capacity.
    12-09-16 03:31 PM
    Decision is easy...
    No Dtek60 @ Telekom/Germany but Pixel (XL) @ Telekom /Germany.
    So I ordered the Pixel. I know i will miss the PRIVs PKB
    And miss having sd card support...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-09-16 05:50 PM
    Buying a phone without an SD card slot is like buying a new (overpriced) card every time you get a new device.

I can get the base 32GB version of a phone and throw in the card I already own without having to pay another $125 bucks or more for a decent capacity.
    Yep.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-09-16 05:56 PM

Unless like me you don't go near the 128GB and don't need an SD Card and also have the opinion the Pixel is the better device. But that's just MY opinion. Doesn't make me right. I move photos and videos to my computer and/or still use a real camera as much as possible and don't store music. So...the Pixel wins for me. But I can certainly understand how an SD card trumps all when needed
    12-10-16 06:39 PM
    :

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 07:08 PM
    I am super late to the blackberry + android game. I switched from a classic to the Dtek60 earlier this month and I'm honestly shocked about how few articles I can find about the device. For someone who skipped the Privv bandwagon, how can I find out more about what features blackberry has added to the phone?

I didn't know I could double tap to wake until reading this thread (I'd been mourning my peek & swipe to wake features) and I'm sure there are more I haven't heard about yet.
    07-22-17 06:47 PM
    I am super late to the blackberry + android game. I switched from a classic to the Dtek60 earlier this month and I'm honestly shocked about how few articles I can find about the device. For someone who skipped the Privv bandwagon, how can I find out more about what features blackberry has added to the phone?

I didn't know I could double tap to wake until reading this thread (I'd been mourning my peek & swipe to wake features) and I'm sure there are more I haven't heard about yet.
    If you check any of the Crackberry reviews on the BlackBerry android devices (Priv, dteks, or KEYone) they have a section that explains the features.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 09:49 PM
    If you check any of the Crackberry reviews on the BlackBerry android devices (Priv, dteks, or KEYone) they have a section that explains the features.
    I've read several. I think my point is that so far, the articles do a pis-poor job. Although I haven't read them all... should a new device owner have to?
    07-24-17 04:26 PM
    I've read several. I think my point is that so far, the articles do a pis-poor job. Although I haven't read them all... should a new device owner have to?
    I use fingerprint scanner each time I use my phone. So fast, so easy. Give it a try.
    SweetlyUnspoken likes this.
    07-24-17 06:53 PM
75 123