PIXWL Pro’s
    1. Automated assistant.. ugh, big deal. OK Google does 90% of the same things and I think that's a gimmick and will spread to the rest of the Android product line
    2. Camera is simply amazing (waiting for real review of DTEK60)
    3. Battery Life
    4. 821 Series CPU (tweaked)
    5. 7.1 OS, optimized for performance

In summary, I believe the DTEK60 wins hands down. I am excited to see this and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

JIM
    There are a few problems with your Pixel's advantages:
    -Ok... you're right there
    -Camera is "simple amazing" but no more amazing than the 7 month old galaxy S7, in fact, is worse in low light. Selfie camera is the best though
    -I haven't seen any battery life test to prove is superior to other Androids
    -821 is an overclocked 820 that is suposed to be 10% faster, but the Pixel 821 is UNDERCLOCKED, so it's no faster than 820, and still is quite a bit slower than an Exynos 8890 that we find on samsungs
    -optmized for performance? looks like it's more optimized for poor performance judging by speed tests.

here it gets beaten by a Touchwizz samsing running 6.0.

And against the iphone is just embarrassing
    10-26-16 12:24 PM
    Literally was about to go grab the Dtek50 this week (yes I know I'm slow) but now do I just hang a bit and wait for the 60??
    10-26-16 01:24 PM
    A DTEK60 straight from BlackBerry is nearly on par with Google for updates. Definitely from a monthly security standpoint, and likely from a general software standpoint too. Remember: BlackBerry and Google are actually working together on Android now. And BlackBerry offers beta testing on nearly everything they release on Android, including OS updates.
    I'm referring to new os versions not security updates. I expect security updates, but OS updates gives a device a longer life span
    10-26-16 02:30 PM
    Exynos 8890 is not available for the phones for the US market as those still use Qualcomm SOC and radios. So for the US market if you get the intl or Canadian S7 version you'll be trading a better SOC for less LTE band support in the US.
    10-26-16 02:32 PM
    Niiiiiiiice. My S7 is on Kijiji. Luv my dtek60
    jhrain, vagos2006 and fanBBRY like this.
    10-26-16 04:23 PM
    The new 820 Series Chipset is much better at power management. And, this device supports Qualcomm QC 3.0, which means 75% battery in 15 min!
    Not to rain on the parade, but Qualcomm Quick Charge actually promises 80% in 35 minutes. Additionally, it really depends on the smartphone itself. Some smartphone charge better w/ the QQC 3.0 technology (like the LG G5), some charge slower (HTC 10).
    jhrain likes this.
    10-26-16 06:52 PM
    The new 820 Series Chipset is much better at power management. And, this device supports Qualcomm QC 3.0, which means 75% battery in 15 min!
    So, I am returning my Pixel today (it's boxed up and ready to go back). Here is why I believe the DTEK60 is hands down a better device.

DTEK60 Pro�s
    1. Price (half as much as my Pixel XL 128GB)!!!!!
    2. Micro SD Storage
    3. Stereo / Front facing speakers (on Pixel, your fingers or hand muffle sound)
    4. Blackberry software... let me elaborate
    a. The floating phone icon when you're in a call.. priceless! I use 7,000+ minutes a month
    b. Hub really does live up to its promise and continues to improve
    c. Other subtle enhancements to the OS (how the phone manages multi-tasking by making the "Close All" button so easy to tap)
    5. A design aesthetic that does not say iPhone. While I know BB didn't design this, the manufacture did a great job
    6. DTEK60 Multi-Function Button ... I cannot emphasize how nice this is
    7. Power Button on the opposite side of Volume rocker
    8. Always on Display (great for glancing at time)
    9. DoubleTap to wake (you don't have to pick up the phone)

PIXWL Pro�s
    1. Automated assistant.. ugh, big deal. OK Google does 90% of the same things and I think that's a gimmick and will spread to the rest of the Android product line
    2. Camera is simply amazing (waiting for real review of DTEK60)
    3. Battery Life
    4. 821 Series CPU (tweaked)
    5. 7.1 OS, optimized for performance

In summary, I believe the DTEK60 wins hands down. I am excited to see this and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

JIM
    I concur.
    jhrain likes this.
    10-26-16 06:53 PM
    Seems like the only thing the Pixel has over the DTEK60 is the assistant, quicker OS updates along with unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos and I think the camera will be a tad better.
    Front facing speakers are a must for me as I listen to a lot of podcasts and expandable storage is a must. BlackBerry finally got the right price points for these phones so I think it's a win win for me.
    jhrain likes this.
    10-26-16 07:51 PM
    The biggest advantage for the BlackBerry is price. The dtek60 is $250 to $400 less expensive. And I probably would never buy a phone without an SD card reader.

Posted via CB10
    jhrain likes this.
    10-26-16 08:20 PM
    This is a very valid point
    Going by how my z10 is still up to date, I'd like to think BlackBerry has a good track record.

Better than most at least. How's Google's track record with the nexus line? Have they been kept up to date with 3+ year old phones?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 07:25 AM
    Going by how my z10 is still up to date, I'd like to think BlackBerry has a good track record.

Better than most at least. How's Google's track record with the nexus line? Have they been kept up to date with 3+ year old phones?

Posted via CB10
    Nexus line is only guaranteed for 2 yeas AFAIK ..
    10-27-16 11:13 AM
    Marshmallow took forever to release and so is Nougat so this is one place where having a google phone will be king
    if you got it like from AT&T verizon or some where else yes but it may come 1st too the unlocked models
    10-27-16 06:59 PM
    I have to admit I am having trouble with the Dtek keyboard but have no trouble typing with my Pixel.

Speakers are way better on the Dtek.
    10-27-16 08:24 PM
    I'm just hoping to win the device lol. Save me the cost.
    10-27-16 08:42 PM
    I love the camera hump.
    darkwater79 likes this.
    10-28-16 01:18 PM
    I have to admit I am having trouble with the Dtek keyboard but have no trouble typing with my Pixel.

Speakers are way better on the Dtek.
    Blackberry virtual keyboard is the best that you can get and yes I have used them all.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    10-28-16 02:05 PM
    I'm just hoping to win the device lol. Save me the cost.
    Same LOL
    10-28-16 02:45 PM
    Blackberry virtual keyboard is the best that you can get and yes I have used them all.
    Back in the day when they first started to roll out all touch devices I wasn't sure initially about the VKB. However it was pretty good out of the gate and only got better. I completely switched to all touch devices eventually.
    10-28-16 02:48 PM
    But still, the Pixel is one of the most preferred phones on the market.
    12-07-16 05:58 AM
    Nice to see your enthusiasm but you cherrry picked so many "Pros" for DTEK and not the Pixel. How about the following:

- Pixel XL has better screen (not PPI, but according to early hands on the TCL screen isn't amazing)
    - Pixel XL will have better battery life (I don't think anyone would debate this - bigger battery, Doze 2.0 etc)
    - Pixel XL has latest version of Android is a big deal! 7 has multi window, doze 2, App Shortcuts etc. Its a big update!
    - And... slightly controversial... I believe that Google will be pushing Android OS updates (not just security updates) to the XL in 24 months. Do you think BB will be working on Android 9 for the DTEK60 in 24 months...? I don't!

But, despite my little rant I think the DTEK60 looks nice. Its the right combo of specs vs price IMO. The Pixel XL is too expensive for me.
    Great points. The camera and OS updates worry me more than anything (in regards to the DTEK60). With that being said, the DTEK60 looks like a solid device.
    12-07-16 08:40 AM
    I'm a little worried about battery life given how poor I find my Priv's battery. I can barely get through a day with my phone and if it's a hot day it seems to burn down even faster.

Will have to wait and see. To me battery is make or break.
    Dude the dtek60 kills it, it's can easy go up to 24 hours without a charge with decent utilisation and still have juice to spare. Absolutely ****es over my priv for battery performance.
    12-07-16 09:55 AM
    You missed these onse which are very underrated

Pixel
    -UFS 2.0 fast internal storage
    -One of the fastest finger print sensors on the market
    -RGB LED
    - No camera hump
    No camera hump advantage is lost thru Pixel's pig-ugly chassis.......
    12-07-16 09:59 AM
    Decision is easy...
    No Dtek60 @ Telekom/Germany but Pixel (XL) @ Telekom /Germany.
    So I ordered the Pixel. I know i will miss the PRIVs PKB
    12-07-16 01:08 PM
    That's too bad for you then enjoy your Google phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 07:42 PM
    I think the Pixel is a great phone... but i gotta agree with ya!
    I love BB's SECURE virgin of Android, and this phone is SWEET!
    Secure Virgin... sounds pretty safe!
    12-07-16 07:57 PM
75 123