So, I am returning my Pixel today (it's boxed up and ready to go back). Here is why I believe the DTEK60 is hands down a better device.

DTEK60 Pro�s
    1. Price (half as much as my Pixel XL 128GB)!!!!!
    2. Micro SD Storage
    3. Stereo / Front facing speakers (on Pixel, your fingers or hand muffle sound)
    4. Blackberry software... let me elaborate
    a. The floating phone icon when you're in a call.. priceless! I use 7,000+ minutes a month
    b. Hub really does live up to its promise and continues to improve
    c. Other subtle enhancements to the OS (how the phone manages multi-tasking by making the "Close All" button so easy to tap)
    5. A design aesthetic that does not say iPhone. While I know BB didn't design this, the manufacture did a great job
    6. DTEK60 Multi-Function Button ... I cannot emphasize how nice this is
    7. Power Button on the opposite side of Volume rocker
    8. Always on Display (great for glancing at time)
    9. DoubleTap to wake (you don't have to pick up the phone)

PIXWL Pro�s
    1. Automated assistant.. ugh, big deal. OK Google does 90% of the same things and I think that's a gimmick and will spread to the rest of the Android product line
    2. Camera is simply amazing (waiting for real review of DTEK60)
    3. Battery Life
    4. 821 Series CPU (tweaked)
    5. 7.1 OS, optimized for performance

In summary, I believe the DTEK60 wins hands down. I am excited to see this and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

JIM
    10-25-16 09:52 AM
    So, I am returning my Pixel today (it's boxed up and ready to go back). Here is why I believe the DTEK60 is hands down a better device.

DTEK60 Pro’s
    1. Price (half as much as my Pixel XL 128GB)!!!!!
    2. Micro SD Storage
    3. Stereo / Front facing speakers (on Pixel, your fingers or hand muffle sound)
    4. Blackberry software... let me elaborate
    a. The floating phone icon when you're in a call.. priceless! I use 7,000+ minutes a month
    b. Hub really does live up to its promise and continues to improve
    c. Other subtle enhancements to the OS (how the phone manages multi-tasking by making the "Close All" button so easy to tap)
    5. A design aesthetic that does not say iPhone. While I know BB didn't design this, the manufacture did a great job
    6. DTEK60 Multi-Function Button ... I cannot emphasize how nice this is
    7. Power Button on the opposite side of Volume rocker
    8. Always on Display (great for glancing at time)
    9. DoubleTap to wake (you don't have to pick up the phone)

PIXWL Pro’s
    1. Automated assistant.. ugh, big deal. OK Google does 90% of the same things and I think that's a gimmick and will spread to the rest of the Android product line
    2. Camera is simply amazing (waiting for real review of DTEK60)
    3. Battery Life
    4. 821 Series CPU (tweaked)
    5. 7.1 OS, optimized for performance

In summary, I believe the DTEK60 wins hands down. I am excited to see this and cannot wait for mine to arrive.

JIM
    Sounds like the DTEK60 is what you want, go for it.
    jhrain likes this.
    10-25-16 09:57 AM
    I've detk50 since the launch and loving it so far. How do I get always on display for time? I only see option to daydream when it's charging or docked. Mine is set for either. But the time is splayed only when I charge. How do I get it displayed all the time?
    10-25-16 12:29 PM
    I'm a little worried about battery life given how poor I find my Priv's battery. I can barely get through a day with my phone and if it's a hot day it seems to burn down even faster.

Will have to wait and see. To me battery is make or break.
    10-25-16 01:29 PM
    The new 820 Series Chipset is much better at power management. And, this device supports Qualcomm QC 3.0, which means 75% battery in 15 min!
    10-25-16 01:34 PM
    No sd slot on the pixel...otherwise I may may have ordered it...Dtek 60 ordered this morning
    10-25-16 01:35 PM
    I'm a little worried about battery life given how poor I find my Priv's battery. I can barely get through a day with my phone and if it's a hot day it seems to burn down even faster.

Will have to wait and see. To me battery is make or break.
    People fail to realize it has to do with the processor which is bringing down the battery life on the Priv.
    10-25-16 01:36 PM
    I've detk50 since the launch and loving it so far. How do I get always on display for time? I only see option to daydream when it's charging or docked. Mine is set for either. But the time is splayed only when I charge. How do I get it displayed all the time?
    SETTINGS - Display - Daydream-News & Weather
    10-25-16 01:36 PM
    you spend 4 hours a day on average on phone calls...that is insane
    00stryder likes this.
    10-25-16 02:08 PM
    You said it! But, the BB's historically have such fantastic speakerphones that it makes it less painful. I'm hopeful the 60 carries that tradition forward.
    10-25-16 02:23 PM
    The 50 uses a different display technology. I'm not sure if the feature is supported.
    10-25-16 02:26 PM
    People fail to realize it has to do with the processor which is bringing down the battery life on the Priv.
    Maybe but BlackBerry promised up to 22.5 hours for the Priv and 24 hours for the Dtek60. If I'm getting 8-10 hours on my Priv moderate real world use then I'm not positive on what the Dtek60 will really give me.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-25-16 06:02 PM
    Maybe but BlackBerry promised up to 22.5 hours for the Priv and 24 hours for the Dtek60. If I'm getting 8-10 hours on my Priv moderate real world use then I'm not positive on what the Dtek60 will really give me.
    I get a mininum of 4 hours to 5hours SoT for my priv and it lasts about 24 hours+
    10-25-16 06:07 PM
    Similar reasons as to why I would go for a DTEK60. The only thing missing is that Pixel is best for Verizon users and Project Fi.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-25-16 08:54 PM
    I get a mininum of 4 hours to 5hours SoT for my priv and it lasts about 24 hours+
    In my dreams.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-25-16 10:08 PM
    I would trust the pixel for future OS updates.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    10-25-16 11:04 PM
    I just got a Priv and after the 1st day of poor battery life doing updates etc my New Priv is doing fantastic, little less than my Passport but I use it throughout the day, but not a " heavy" user..mostly emails, texts, calls and some Crackberry and Facebook..I'm easily getting full day 8am to 11 pm and still have 30+% at that time...DTEK60 should be great....unless you have a lot of power wasting apps?? I'm very careful of what I download and use.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 11:19 PM
    I would trust the pixel for future OS updates.
    A DTEK60 straight from BlackBerry is nearly on par with Google for updates. Definitely from a monthly security standpoint, and likely from a general software standpoint too. Remember: BlackBerry and Google are actually working together on Android now. And BlackBerry offers beta testing on nearly everything they release on Android, including OS updates.
    10-25-16 11:25 PM
    A DTEK60 straight from BlackBerry is nearly on par with Google for updates. Definitely from a monthly security standpoint, and likely from a general software standpoint too. Remember: BlackBerry and Google are actually working together on Android now. And BlackBerry offers beta testing on nearly everything they release on Android, including OS updates.
    Marshmallow took forever to release and so is Nougat so this is one place where having a google phone will be king
    10-25-16 11:31 PM
    I briefly considered the pixel before getting my dtek50, but believe it or not it was the lack of sd support that stopped me. It's not a big deal with cloud support now, but it just bothers me when I don't have that option
    10-26-16 01:04 AM
    The price point for DTEK60 does appear to be quite competitive, relative to Google's pixel. BlackBerry will have to work a little bit more on exposure. Working closely with telecom giants would be a good start. Come on BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:22 AM
    Nice to see your enthusiasm but you cherrry picked so many "Pros" for DTEK and not the Pixel. How about the following:

- Pixel XL has better screen (not PPI, but according to early hands on the TCL screen isn't amazing)
    - Pixel XL will have better battery life (I don't think anyone would debate this - bigger battery, Doze 2.0 etc)
    - Pixel XL has latest version of Android is a big deal! 7 has multi window, doze 2, App Shortcuts etc. Its a big update!
    - And... slightly controversial... I believe that Google will be pushing Android OS updates (not just security updates) to the XL in 24 months. Do you think BB will be working on Android 9 for the DTEK60 in 24 months...? I don't!

But, despite my little rant I think the DTEK60 looks nice. Its the right combo of specs vs price IMO. The Pixel XL is too expensive for me.
    10-26-16 01:45 AM

- And... slightly controversial... I believe that Google will be pushing Android OS updates (not just security updates) to the XL in 24 months. Do you think BB will be working on Android 9 for the DTEK60 in 24 months...? I don't!

This is a very valid point
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-26-16 02:21 AM
    You missed these onse which are very underrated

Pixel
    -UFS 2.0 fast internal storage
    -One of the fastest finger print sensors on the market
    -RGB LED
    - No camera hump
    10-26-16 02:40 AM
    I think the Pixel is a great phone... but i gotta agree with ya!
    I love BB's SECURE virgin of Android, and this phone is SWEET!
    10-26-16 02:55 AM
75 123