Ever since the last update I believe it was February, the security dtek app that monitors other apps when they use location or other settings, dtek tells you when they use it on the top of your phones display and by sound and vibration. I was able to fix the sound part, but the constant vibrating whenever it detects other app usage is very annoying. Is there anyway to turn off the vibration setting in this security app only? I can't seem to find it. Or is this something that BlackBerry needs to fix / update still. Thanks for any help.
    03-07-18 06:24 AM
    Under notification settings for DTEK (Settings -> Notifications -> DTEK) you can select all notifications to Silent which says it includes vibration. I set mine to silent a couple days ago because the default sound is really annoying and I can't figure out how to change it.
    03-07-18 07:38 AM
    I don't see what you are talking about unless you are talking about all notifications from everything not just Dtek which I don't want. And I don't see the "silent" option under dtek?
    03-07-18 08:00 AM
    Open the DTEK app > overflow menu (the three dots on the upper right corner) > settings > notifications > then you can manage your DTEK app notifications, to disable/enable everything or per app/permission
    03-07-18 11:14 PM
    Thanks but I know that. My complaint that I want to fix is I want to turn off vibration. It's very annoying... And I don't see that option anywhere.

Some one at BlackBerry needs to update the app to allow for us to turn off sound and vibration while it still monitors other apps.

Thanks anyway.
    03-08-18 06:06 AM
    By doing what I described above you just turn off notifications, the app still keeps track of everything, it just won't notify you.. I'm not sure what you really want...
    03-08-18 04:22 PM
    I want it to notify me in live time when an App is requesting my location or contacts etc. With the icon display on top of my phone like it does. I don't want it to play a sound or vibrate each time multiple times which it does when an App is requesting location or other things, as it's very annoying. I was able to delete the sound file so now I don't hear a sound when it notifies me, but I cannot stop the vibration etc. I want it to notify me, I don't want to turn it off which is what you are suggesting. I just want to be able to turn off the vibration etc. Take care
    03-08-18 04:55 PM
    I get it now, so you just want the pop-up notification, without sound/vibration. I don't think that's possible.
    However, there are apps to customize sound and vibration on your phone, maybe try one of those?
    I never used one, so I don't know if there's an app that allow you to customize vibration of a single app
    03-09-18 09:42 AM