Marshmallow
    Well if it had marshmallow out the box is BlackBerry saying that they will not upgrade them to Nougat? I mean that can't be true right? I thought all Android phones manufactured since 2015 have had their OS's upgraded at least once before EOL. That would be suicide for the blackberry mobile. Let's be honest... Only loyalist buy Blackberry.
    09-13-17 10:57 AM
    neoberry99 -

a large number of people couldn't agree with you more .... me included.
    09-13-17 11:39 AM
    Well if it had marshmallow out the box is BlackBerry saying that they will not upgrade them to Nougat? I mean that can't be true right? I thought all Android phones manufactured since 2015 have had their OS's upgraded at least once before EOL. That would be suicide for the blackberry mobile. Let's be honest... Only loyalist buy Blackberry.
    TCL/BBMo recently took over servicing responsibility for the DTEK from BlackBerry. One would think it's because they have some type of upgrade plan for the DTEK models. That or BlackBerry is compensating BBMo somehow for their future trouble.
    09-13-17 02:07 PM
    It was a transition device to the new licencing model, and a proof of concept for TCL. Not sure what that has to do with anything else though.
    "Test" or "Transition" either word they want to use...I would have Never bought the two 60 's we purchased, had I known. Very unfortunate to say the least.
    09-13-17 07:16 PM
    "Test" or "Transition" either word they want to use...I would have Never bought the two 60 's we purchased, had I known. Very unfortunate to say the least.
    That, in and of itself, is a separate issue from whether the DTEKs will/should get Nougat.
    09-13-17 07:43 PM
    I guess test was successful because the licensees became licensees. I'd be angry if my DTEK models sucked but, they've been a lot better than my PRIV was. If they get Nougat, that'd be great. If they don't, I won't lose sleep over it because I've always believed the OS the device comes with is usually the best optimized for the device. Apple changed my opinion with there IOS 7 and IOS 8. When I updated to IOS 9, they changed my opinion back to original. The newer OS take up memory that original didn't.

Let's face it, the OS updates are to force planned obsolescence. Look how long Windows XP lasted in the consumer space. People act like companies are out there looking out for the consumer. No company does that for any reason other than monetization purposes.

Check out the new price of the latest Apple flagship. That's a perfect example of using loyal customers for testing price elasticity.
    Os updates do the opposite friend, they keep people from buying hardware. So they crafted little scheme to get people to believe their phone is obsolete when it's not. Ever notice aside from crapple only flagship phones usually see os updates?
    09-14-17 05:43 AM
    Os updates do the opposite friend, they keep people from buying hardware. So they crafted little scheme to get people to believe their phone is obsolete when it's not. Ever notice aside from crapple only flagship phones usually see os updates?
    That was my point. The OEMs make profits only if people buy new hardware. They use the OS updates as form of creating planned obsolescence in consumer minds.
    09-14-17 08:31 PM
    I'm lost for words and words don't mean nothing anyways. Need Action. Thought we were Partners not Guinea Pigs.
    Can they Dteked this message....
    09-16-17 01:04 AM
    Is there something wrong with the Dtek60? I love mine but I also never expected to get N. This has been discussed ad nausem. You were a fool if you thought otherwise. Today's business model is to SELL product, not hold onto something for ten years like BB's clakety-clack previous customers. I get sick when I see the BB10 crowd chiming in on everything NOT BB10, especially when its dead and so very GONE!
    I also paid full price for my DTEK60 and DTEK50 before it. And when Krypton, JorEl or whatever the next full touch flagship replacement comes out, I'll pay full boat for that as well. Its pathetic when you look at some of the comments on here. Look at Apple, their zealots are upset they can't get the X now and spend a thousand dollars plus on it and you all are here waiting for N on a year old product?? They have flagship stores all over the world and we have friggin kiosks! Now you know why.
    I am a BlackBerry zealot and their lab rat as well. So what?
    09-18-17 03:12 PM
    Lol. Sure, people knew the BlackBerry hardware division was in serious trouble when the DTEKs came out. How many people did BlackBerry tell they were an experiment test the waters with TCL and the licensing model, and that support (except security patches...barely) would drop after barely a year? Thurber said very clearly the DTEKs were BlackBerry's devices, and that came with expectations. Not the least of which being that BlackBerry would actually support them.

Last time I checked, BlackBerry was not bankrupt. So the only other possibility is they have hung their paying customers out to dry after barely a year. You being one of them.

Rebut Conite? I bought mine Oct 2016, nothing then about it being a test
    09-18-17 06:24 PM
    I think . To get back on our good side whoever it is to blame they should skip Nougat and go straight to Oreo. For being Test Dummies.
    Oh right... they write Test Dummies Off and get new ones....Guess I have been a test dummy all my life
    Pretty Beating up about it too..
    Next BlackBerry called X-tinked.
    Yeah I just heard " Transition " that doesn't mean "Test"
    09-20-17 06:40 PM
    First, Priv launched at $699.

Second, TCL has taken over responsibility for the DTEKs, and hasn't decided yet about Nougat. In the meantime, security patches will continue for a long time.
    Other than the battery life issues I am starting to have I love my Dtek60. If I could afford the Keyone I'd get that but I do enjoy this phone.
    09-20-17 08:24 PM
    Is there something wrong with the Dtek60? I love mine but I also never expected to get N. This has been discussed ad nausem. You were a fool if you thought otherwise. Today's business model is to SELL product, not hold onto something for ten years like BB's clakety-clack previous customers. I get sick when I see the BB10 crowd chiming in on everything NOT BB10, especially when its dead and so very GONE!
    I also paid full price for my DTEK60 and DTEK50 before it. And when Krypton, JorEl or whatever the next full touch flagship replacement comes out, I'll pay full boat for that as well. Its pathetic when you look at some of the comments on here. Look at Apple, their zealots are upset they can't get the X now and spend a thousand dollars plus on it and you all are here waiting for N on a year old product?? They have flagship stores all over the world and we have friggin kiosks! Now you know why.
    I am a BlackBerry zealot and their lab rat as well. So what?
    I agree with most of what you said except the bb10 part. If people are chiming in about it then it obviously isn't dead to them. Still a better os than most (imo) apps aside. Everything else you said is spot on though.
    09-21-17 10:34 AM
    BLACKBERRY YOU KIDDING. BB have moved on way onnnnn
    here we talk about them loosening customer
    they BB have gone to making tracking Devices GPS tracking Cargo all over the world ect
    p.s
    Look on there own sites Blogs
    09-21-17 12:26 PM
    I agree with most of what you said except the bb10 part. If people are chiming in about it then it obviously isn't dead to them. Still a better os than most (imo) apps aside. Everything else you said is spot on though.
    I was the biggest BB10 Fanboy there was. Went through all their versions of BB10 full touch units available in my market. After the bottom fell out of BB10, with no app support etc. I moved on to a device with a keyboard (Priv). The devices main attraction was the keyboard, which I NEVER used. The DTEK50 came out and I moved on to that unit. The DTEK60 is my current device.

Why people still hang onto BB10 devices boggles my mind. No app support, no manufacturer support and no hope for either to change their minds. Your car is not a car without an engine and common sense tells you to move on. There is no justification in my mind to hold onto a dead platform/device.
    09-22-17 09:46 AM
40 12