10-02-16 11:55 AM
36 12
tools
    Yep

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-16 06:23 PM
    I would venture to say that the DTEK50 and 60 are aimed more at those who have used the Z10, Z30 and the Leap...

Respect My Autoritah!
    I loved my z10 and I rarely used my pub on my priv

09-28-16 09:24 AM
    I didn't realize so many people still care about the darn colour of the stupid light. Maybe should start a business to desolder that white LED and replace it with a red one. Reminds me the old days of Nokia 3310 backlight modding.
    They don't. They just find a reason to complain about something. It's been like that in the forums since around the time bbm went cross platform, maybe before that. If the dtek60 came out with one of the "flying B's" missing from the logo on the back, it would be countless posts complaining about that. But let cb throw a giveaway contest, and watch the comment count. The same people complaining would be right in the comments trying to win.

Posted via CB10
    aecgda likes this.
    09-29-16 12:08 PM
    Well, I find the multi-color LED to be *extremely* useful since I segregate notifications -- it tells me whether I need to pay attention to it or not when I'm in "look at this but not that" sort of mode.

With that said, I won't "not buy" the phone over a red-only LED. I would "not buy" it over a MISSING LED, because I had two devices without one (Vibrant and then the SII) and without the notification LED I found both severely lacking in terms of actual usability factors -- to the point that I ran an app on the SII to make a blank screen a notification LED! (That, of course, had very bad impacts on battery life....)
    09-29-16 12:14 PM
    Buying from one of these low cost chinese manufacturers means no hardware security and who knows how long these Chinese companies support their devices. BlackBerry has been very consistent with Priv. When you buy a phone you arent just buying hardware.

ray689 likes this.
    09-29-16 01:50 PM
    So take a breath now. You misunderstood what the person you responded to was saying. And judging from your response, your big concern is design differentiation. So i would assume that's PKB (coming early next year by the way)? Because as the person you were responding to said, and as you agreed, all touch slabs are pretty difficult to differentiate at this point. Every manufacturer takes design queues from others. There is only so much they can do to differentiate.

What i don't understand is people being so angry that BlackBerry is using a reference to design to lower costs and stay in the handset game. They can no longer afford to keep handsets without this type of arrangement.
    And yes, software is a massive differentiator. Given that android is over 80% of the market and pretty much 100% of that is all touch slabs, then yes software becomes the differentiating factor.

Agreed. Software is what makes a company stand out for a particular smartphone. To me, all Android phones looks alike, with slight differential designs. So yes it doesn't matter that BlackBerry sources out their phones now, who cares, what drives the phone is the software and the timely updates and security patches Sent to owners. BlackBerry is on the ball with this.

Posted via CB10
    aecgda likes this.
    09-29-16 02:38 PM
    No ways.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    09-30-16 10:15 AM
    Buying from one of these low cost chinese manufacturers means no hardware security and who knows how long these Chinese companies support their devices. BlackBerry has been very consistent with Priv. When you buy a phone you arent just buying hardware.

No doubt as BB emphasizes on software so they'd best be doing their best to keep things up to date and supported with their software strength
    10-01-16 12:39 AM

Think the argument would be "who cares... so cheap just buy another one." Just like a DVD player stops reading discs.
    10-02-16 10:52 AM
    Ah. After the Christmas rush. Smart.

Not.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    I would have spit out my coffee had I been drinking. BlackBerry screws this stuff up every chance they get.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 11:53 AM
    I didn't realize so many people still care about the darn colour of the stupid light. Maybe should start a business to desolder that white LED and replace it with a red one. Reminds me the old days of Nokia 3310 backlight modding.
    Red preserves night vision, it's the least abrasive color for a light. I'd prefer not to have my handset light up my room when it blinks at night.

So yeah, the color of the LED is important in the most functional and utilitarian sense of the word.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 11:55 AM
36 12