Just get an iPhone they work in -20 temperatures.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 12:45 PM
    -6 C or 21 F is not really that cold, so I assume that it was out in the open for some time to effect the LCD.
    12-11-16 06:58 PM
    I had mine out in similar temperatures on Friday night/Saturday morning and didn't notice anything abnormal, but I also lacked the dexterity I would normally have since I was relatively cold... but everything seemed to work just fine still.
    12-11-16 08:10 PM
    I had mine out in similar temperatures on Friday night/Saturday morning and didn't notice anything abnormal, but I also lacked the dexterity I would normally have since I was relatively cold... but everything seemed to work just fine still.
    Mine and the OP's experience is definitely not normal. I'm pretty sure the digitizer is defective at least in my case.
    12-12-16 12:25 AM
    Hi guys!

so lately i have realized that the 60 screen touch sensitivity is not as responsive when its cold out (talking about below zero). Example, today was around -6 and the touch was not very responsive especially on the sides, so it tooks a while and alot of frustration when tapping the p or send button.

anyone else having the same or similar issue?
    Exists with pretty much any touch screen device I've ever used. I think it's more so because your fingers are cold and dry that the screen struggles to sense your fingers
    12-12-16 12:50 AM
    Exists with pretty much any touch screen device I've ever used. I think it's more so because your fingers are cold and dry that the screen struggles to sense your fingers
    In my case I'm standing outside in said cold weather holding my clasic and my craptek60, and one works and the other doesn't, based on process of elimination we can gather it's an issue with the device. Unless the classic doesn't use a capacitative screen. When I say it doesn't work *at all*, I'm not kidding. No other phone I have ever owned has behaved like this in cold weather. It's brutal.
    12-12-16 11:37 AM
    not really no, I had the iphone 4s that worked just fine. but the 60, the center of the screen and all works, but the right side is when it is unresponsive.
    12-12-16 04:48 PM
    If the problem persists get it replaced. I'm pretty sure if its a widespread problem more people would be here saying something ?? Must be a defective device

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 04:58 PM
    Like I said before just get an iPhone they work in -30 weather. My desk is outside so I know what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 08:27 PM
    not really no, I had the iphone 4s that worked just fine. but the 60, the center of the screen and all works, but the right side is when it is unresponsive.
    Same here. Right-side unresponsive. I just shipped mine back tonight for warranty repair. Hopefully they fix it without a hassle. I'd open an RMA if I were you and get it looked after. Not a bad phone but the screen issue absolutely kills it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 11:28 PM
    Same here. Right-side unresponsive. I just shipped mine back tonight for warranty repair. Hopefully they fix it without a hassle. I'd open an RMA if I were you and get it looked after. Not a bad phone but the screen issue absolutely kills it.

Posted via CB10
    Let us know

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 12:59 AM
    I have the same issue with the right side of my screen in cool/cold temps. The tech guy on the phone had me do a hard reset. I took it out side, I live in Canada, and the right side still didn't work once it got cold. It stays unresponsive for a while when I go back indoors, presumably until the screen warms back up. They are sending me a shipping label to send the phone back for warranty repair. I imagine they are just going to give me a new phone, but I hope they test it out before they send me one that doesn't work in the cold again! I imagine it isn't every DTEK60 that does this, or we would be hearing more about it. I guess this is what happens when Blackberry doesn't make their own phone!
    02-06-17 11:46 AM
    Hey guys, I wonder if it's possible to test this issue with BlackBerry Virtual Expert's touchscreen test. You can also take a screenshot of the result and post it here.
    02-06-17 03:48 PM
    Just sent my Dtek60 back yesterday. Using it in the shop were it is 12c, the top and right side is unresponsive. 12c is not cold at all.
    I did the touchscreen test, and it failed.
    Never had any problems with any BB phones like this before, just this 60.
    02-07-17 08:25 AM
    I agree, my screen finish is rubbing off, and it's scratched all over since about a week after I got it (screen protector was in mail.) BlackBerry help just forwarded me to alcatel for help, who acknowledged an issue with the screen. BlackBerry then accused me of misunderstanding the alcatel tech, hahahaha. BlackBerry help is the absolute WORST customDr service of any company I've dealt with. They are condescending, and outwardly lied that my DTEK60 has Gorilla Glass, and that it couldn't have scratched.
    02-08-17 04:32 PM
    I agree, my screen finish is rubbing off, and it's scratched all over since about a week after I got it (screen protector was in mail.) BlackBerry help just forwarded me to alcatel for help, who acknowledged an issue with the screen. BlackBerry then accused me of misunderstanding the alcatel tech, hahahaha. BlackBerry help is the absolute WORST customDr service of any company I've dealt with. They are condescending, and outwardly lied that my DTEK60 has Gorilla Glass, and that it couldn't have scratched.
    Nope. TCL did a great job with the screen. Very resistant and strong construction. Well done TCL!
    02-08-17 05:44 PM
41 12