When I see day after day device like this one Leaked Xiaomi Mi Note 2 slides: 5.7" AMOLED, 2 cameras, decent price - GSMArena.com news

Coming to the market, I say, well, BlackBerry have no choice to stay in security niche market.

Now, for the moment, we can say xiaomi, ZTE, one plus, etc... Dont have same update as BlackBerry... but they are improving in software and update. Device like the one above in near future will make damage to Apple and Samsung.

It's just like the "made in japan " in the 70 everebody laughing at... finally, Toyota became quality and top World seller while GM became crap Maker and bankrupt.

Just to say with the New miui 8, this xiaomi have some appeal and the first release between Dtek 60 and the MI note 2 will have my money

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 10:56 AM
    BlackBerry agrees with you... thus they are getting out of hardware. They are only releasing the DTEK60 because it was already too far along to cancel. They take delivery of the minimum contract amount, sell those and then probably be done..... other than licensing. There is some hope that they might release the Mercury... but that's a long shot at this point.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-20-16 11:18 AM
    If Mercury never comes, I will seriously consider Xiaomi Mi Note. Those specs... plus Xiaomi build quality is pretty great.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    10-20-16 11:36 AM
    BlackBerry agrees with you... thus they are getting out of hardware. They are only releasing the DTEK60 because it was already too far along to cancel.
    Again, really? This is so sad.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 03:21 AM
    BlackBerry agrees with you... thus they are getting out of hardware. They are only releasing the DTEK60 because it was already too far along to cancel. They take delivery of the minimum contract amount, sell those and then probably be done..... other than licensing. There is some hope that they might release the Mercury... but that's a long shot at this point.
    They're never intended to cancel. Man the misconception of this forum is outrageous

Cancerous
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-21-16 02:43 PM
    They're never intended to cancel. Man the misconception of this forum is outrageous

Cancerous
    So you belive Chen has been planning all along to end their selling of hardware as a company... and planned to go ahead and release just one more phones right before pulling the plug? But after he announce they were ending their hardware business.... maybe, the BlackBerry way has rubbed off on him.

Personally I think he hoped that the PRIV would sell better once the price came down and that the DTEK 50 would at least pull them up close to profitability. But apparently none of that happened as they had to write off another $100 million in hardware last quarter...
    zhuyan likes this.
    10-21-16 02:58 PM

Cancerous
    I am guessing he was probably predicting it would not be released. But now that it seems that it will, there must be something else, so now let's shift the prediction to the next phone. One of these times the prediction would be right and it's "Oh look! I knew it all along!" lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-21-16 03:00 PM
    It will be hard for the dtek60 to compete with the likes of xiaomi note 2, LeEco le pro3, one plus three for the general consumer. It is more expensive and security just isn't that high a priority for John Doe.

The enterprise side has more potential but cannot alone transform dtek60 into a smash hit.

I'm sure dtek60 will sell but not in any huge numbers to bring it out of niche market appeal. At best, dtek 60 will turn a small profit, and I think BlackBerry will have to be content with that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-21-16 03:15 PM
    I am guessing he was probably predicting it would not be released. But now that it seems that it will, there must be something else, so now let's shift the prediction to the next phone. One of these times the prediction would be right and it's "Oh look! I knew it all along!" lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    We are on the same page on a lot of things

And who ever is considering the dtek60 vs China smart phones , think about how spotty the rma service and csr.
    10-21-16 03:24 PM
    We are on the same page on a lot of things

And who ever is considering the dtek60 vs China smart phones , think about how spotty the rma service and csr.
    DTEK60 is a Chinese smartphone.
    10-21-16 03:29 PM
    DTEK60 is a Chinese smartphone.
    Yeah so is the iphone, made by foxxcon but apple does all the CSR

So blackberry is in the front lines, you dont deal with TCL.
    10-21-16 03:43 PM
    Yeah so is the iphone, made by foxxcon but apple does all the CSR

So blackberry is in the front lines, you dont deal with TCL.
    This. Iphone is designed by apple and made by foxconn. DTEK60 is designed by TCL but warranty service will be done by blackberry.
    10-21-16 03:46 PM
    The real curious thing about the DTEK60 is the delay, imho. If it launches October 25, will be curious to see if there's any kind of announcement / launch or publicity for the device. If not, what was the delay all about?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-21-16 05:40 PM
    The real curious thing about the DTEK60 is the delay, imho. If it launches October 25, will be curious to see if there's any kind of announcement / launch or publicity for the device. If not, what was the delay all about?
    What delay are you talking about ?

The only reason we know about device is because of leaks.

Blackberry never even announced it and yet people are speculating the release day like if they knew the ceo.

Shake my head
    10-21-16 05:54 PM
    What delay are you talking about ?

The only reason we know about device is because of leaks.

Blackberry never even announced it and yet people are speculating the release day like if they knew the ceo.

Shake my head
    The fact that it showed up for pre-order on B&H, Staples, NCIX, and possibly other sites. Suggests there was a delay to me.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-21-16 06:03 PM
    It will be hard for the dtek60 to compete with the likes of xiaomi note 2, LeEco le pro3, one plus three for the general consumer. It is more expensive and security just isn't that high a priority for John Doe.

The enterprise side has more potential but cannot alone transform dtek60 into a smash hit.

I'm sure dtek60 will sell but not in any huge numbers to bring it out of niche market appeal. At best, dtek 60 will turn a small profit, and I think BlackBerry will have to be content with that.

I have never heard of any of those phones you listed and I don't have any friends, family, or associates that will jump out their bed saying they have to go get the new LeEco or xiaomi. Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I walk in a store and all those you listed were all on the shelf next to the dtek60, 9 times out of 10 I'm going to walk out with the dtek as at least I heard of BlackBerry before. I know us on these tech sites are all about specs and will buy according to them, but the average person will go for what is marketed to them and that's basically Apple, Samsung, and maybe HTC. So I don't see these phones as any threat, I could be wrong though just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-21-16 06:05 PM
    I have never heard of any of those phones you listed and I don't have any friends, family, or associates that will jump out their bed saying they have to go get the new LeEco or xiaomi. Maybe I'm in the minority, but if I walk in a store and all those you listed were all on the shelf next to the dtek60, 9 times out of 10 I'm going to walk out with the dtek as at least I heard of BlackBerry before. I know us on these tech sites are all about specs and will buy according to them, but the average person will go for what is marketed to them and that's basically Apple, Samsung, and maybe HTC. So I don't see these phones as any threat, I could be wrong though just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Well it seems like those company will be more popular than blackberry and it's already more popular in China. Have you heard of TCL?
    10-21-16 06:19 PM
    The fact that it showed up for pre-order on B&H, Staples, NCIX, and possibly other sites. Suggests there was a delay to me.
    If it's not official from blackberry , take it with a grain of salt.

Those retailers were not suppose to list them.
    10-21-16 07:15 PM

Yea but it funny how those suppliers took preorder on the same date. Did they ignore blackberry or did blackberry screwed up? I think blackberry even had it up in their offline page so blackberry tried to release earlier.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-21-16 07:37 PM

Yeah, the retailers didn't just pull the pre-orders out of their butt though, no?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-21-16 08:25 PM
    Well it seems like those company will be more popular than blackberry and it's already more popular in China. Have you heard of TCL?
    Actually never heard of them until the dtek50 came out and people on here were saying it's a reference design of TCL. But I live in Las Vegas and never seen anyone with anything TCL or Alcatel (if I'm spelling it right).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 10:47 PM
    I guess we should run out and buy one since they will become rare
    10-21-16 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're just not the target. Chinese and Indians are. Believe me, these are hugely popular phones, just not in the states. The OPPO phone is popular in Asia too. And if you could get a phone with samsung specs for just $150, you'd probably think about it a while.

In china, your average person does NOT get apple. And samsung is falling fast. The average Chinese, looking for a mid-tier or high end, will grab what he has heard of, which is xiaomi, OPPO, LeEco, etc.

These phones are no threat in the west, but in the east they are huge. LeEco Le3 pro is coming to U.S. And sold out in minutes upon initial release in China. You'll be hearing more about them soon enough, and don't think apple and samsung aren't watching either.

aecgda likes this.
    10-21-16 11:57 PM
    You're just not the target. Chinese and Indians are. Believe me, these are hugely popular phones, just not in the states. The OPPO phone is popular in Asia too. And if you could get a phone with samsung specs for just $150, you'd probably think about it a while.

In china, your average person does NOT get apple. And samsung is falling fast. The average Chinese, looking for a mid-tier or high end, will grab what he has heard of, which is xiaomi, OPPO, LeEco, etc.

These phones are no threat in the west, but in the east they are huge. LeEco Le3 pro is coming to U.S. And sold out in minutes upon initial release in China. You'll be hearing more about them soon enough, and don't think apple and samsung aren't watching either.

When I take subway in Shanghai there are hardly any other phones than iPhones. In my office, only 4 persons don't use iPhones. It might be different in rural Chinese areas, but as for Shanghai it's Apple land for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 12:42 AM
    I know in Canada it's a little harder to buy these Xiaomi and like devcies for as good as a deal as they seem. Once tariffs or just reseller mark-up gets added they're simply not as good as a deal anymore.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 12:57 AM
40 12