Marketing and big endorsements will. Help us out. We need all the airplay we can and capitalise on the note 7 mishap.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 02:29 PM
    They should in no way try to bank directly on Samsung's debacle. Firstaful Samsung handled the whole issue quite well: costumers first while other companies like Apple became too arrogant and give a sht about customers. Secondly you should **** off a 800 pound Gorilla if you are 50 pound ape. So going directly after Samsung could badly back fire

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 02:32 PM
    For a company that has already announced getting out of hardware... I would not expect them to put much effort into marketing this phones.

This is like a preseason football game with one time up by 56 points and 2 mins on the clock. No one is playing, they are just waiting for it to all be over.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-16 02:43 PM
    10-12-16 03:40 PM
    I don't recall anyone saying that their Note 7 burst into flames while it was on charge, but if the fast charging software was allowing the devices to overheat that could have caused the battery to have a chemical melt down.
    10-12-16 04:01 PM
    The Note 7 situation is an opportunity for all - including Samsung
    10-12-16 04:35 PM
    The Note 7 situation is an opportunity for all - including Samsung
    How are carriers treating returns? Ie are they giving customers any consideration for the inconvenience, do you know?
    10-12-16 05:00 PM
    In light of all the Samsung S7 problems, I think with the right marketing and advertising strategy BlackBerry could capitalize and possibly gain some marketshare from them. Is ther anybody else who thinks the same way? Android buyers who don't want to start a fire with their phone may be tempted to at least look into the DTEK 60. Just a thought. imho
    New Ad for a Dtek............Slick....smooth..................d oes not burst into flames........Amazing......Woof!
    10-12-16 07:27 PM
    Not happening, blackberry is done with their smartphones, the marketing will be done by alcatel I think,

It's about keeping costs down as much as possible now .
    The phone business is dead as they have shut it down and kept only the development division open.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-16 02:05 AM
    Not happening, blackberry is done with their smartphones, the marketing will be done by alcatel I think,

It's about keeping costs down as much as possible now .
    The phone business is dead as they have shut it down and kept only the development division open.

TCL will not do any marketing - this phone was made under contract, their own job was to give BBRY a choice of what device to load any software on.
    JeepBB and BB-JAM215 like this.
    10-13-16 04:24 AM
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/13/sa...dollar-credit/

I think if you have a Note 7 and return it, you're getting a Galaxy 7 or an iPhone. As it stands right now, there is no such thing as a DTEK 60, you can't buy it so why would you want to replace a phone you have to give back now for a device that's not available? In that case you would think consumers would want the DTEK 50, which is readily available now. But I think Android consumers would rather wait for the new Pixel phones, then touch anything BlackBerry, which is essentially an Alcatel device.

Samsung Canada has also announced, it will give you $100 off a Galaxy 7 or Note 6, when you return your Note 7. So why would you switch to a phone that doesn't exist?
    Last edited by GoJaysGo; 10-13-16 at 01:04 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-13-16 09:32 AM
    Is this still being asked? It's the brand. It's considered "cool" to have an iphone or a Samsung. I've lost count how many times when I'm with people and someone takes out their phone and someone else would either ask if that's an iphone or a Samsung. If it's no to both of those, there literally is no follow-up question, absolutely no curiosity as to what it actually is. It's like once they find out it's not an iphone or Samsung, all interest is lost. The phones can be the same every year, cost a crazy amount, blow up, catch on fire, have a bunch of useless features slapped on, it doesn't matter, people will always buy it so they can "fit in" and go "oh look, we both have Samsungs." You think I'm joking? Several occasions I've seen people literally say that and they are so proud that they are the same... I'm just sitting there trying not to face palm...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    True words have never been spoken as this. Couldn't agree more. No matter what Blackberry pushes out, their competitors have already labeled them as outdated, old man's phone, ancient, and the list goes on. Guess what, Blackberry was very very late to respond. Now suffer.
    10-13-16 12:27 PM
    I do remind you that apple took a long while after near bankruptcy to bring its name back. For the most part no one even paid attention to then during that rough patch.
    Not saying it will happen again, just saying all things are possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 04:50 PM
    They don't need to market it. Just release it and hope for the best. That's been working pretty well so far, right?

Posted via CB10
    Lol... oh and don't forget to ignore carrier relations so it won't fully work on the major carriers in the largest market in the world...

G_Unit MVP likes this.
    10-13-16 05:13 PM
    Anything can happen. A few years back, Nokia was the absolute number one, and Symbian ruled the market. We all know how that ended up. The Samsung disaster with their Note 7 is casting some shadows on Samsung's smartphone business. Who knows, maybe Blackberry could reborn sometime, maybe they disappear for good. Time will tell.

Smarphones are like a fashion thing, one day your are "hip", next day you are embarrasing. No matter how good your product is.
    10-13-16 05:18 PM
    Yup! Anything can happen. Disney was nearly bankrupt in the early 1980s. Now they're one of the world's biggest multimedia giants. Apple? Nearly flat line in mid-1990s. Now? King of the hill.

BlackBerry is in a rough transition period, but with clever leadership, they will survive this and stabilize quite nicely. I think the company is much more comfortable being invisible and behind the scene than in the public spotlight anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 05:24 PM
    I do like Chen, as I've previously mentioned, but I've never seen him as soft or fluffy, or as someone willing to make a bad business decision for sentimental reasons. How about you ... ?
    I detest Chen. The guy lacks vision, is an awful communicator, and has destroyed a once proud brand.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    10-13-16 06:33 PM
    I detest Chen. The guy lacks vision, is an awful communicator, and has destroyed a once proud brand.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly... he seems content to completely destroy the core competency of a once most recognizable name... and turn it into the equivalent of a hedge fund... simply buying stuff with someone else's money.

10-13-16 06:45 PM
    Exactly... he seems content to completely destroy the core competency of a once most recognizable name... and turn it into the equivalent of a hedge fund... simply buying stuff with someone else's money.

Couldn't agree more!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:46 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. Considering the position Chen was inserted into, I actually believe he has done rather well, less the marketing and PR.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY and zephyr613 like this.
    10-13-16 07:50 PM
    Ah, so you don't see him as soft and fluffy either, or one who'll say: "it won't make BB any money, but shucks, this one's for the fans!" then?

Good, good, we seem to agree on the unlikelihood of him ever releasing the Mercury...

And now the DTEK60 launch seems to be "paused" at the 11th hour (actually paused at 1 minute past midnight given the retailers who clearly weren't told in time to pull their webpages). This "pause" is for an indefinite period while "BB reassess their marketing" or some such (a nonsense reason in my opinion, but whatever)... and which makes me wonder about the DTEK60's prospects for release too.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-13-16 11:52 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. Considering the position Chen was inserted into, I actually believe he has done rather well, less the marketing and PR.

Posted via CB10
    Chen had the best chance of any BlackBerry CEO in a decade... and he blew it!

10-14-16 01:08 AM
    Does it available in India

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 02:15 AM
    Ah, so you don't see him as soft and fluffy either, or one who'll say: "it won't make BB any money, but shucks, this one's for the fans!" then?

Good, good, we seem to agree on the unlikelihood of him ever releasing the Mercury...

And now the DTEK60 launch seems to be "paused" at the 11th hour (actually paused at 1 minute past midnight given the retailers who clearly weren't told in time to pull their webpages). This "pause" is for an indefinite period while "BB reassess their marketing" or some such (a nonsense reason in my opinion, but whatever)... and which makes me wonder about the DTEK60's prospects for release too.
    My hunch is logistics and manufacturing issue ...

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    10-14-16 03:13 AM
    Androidberry, appleberry nothing to be compared with real blackberry 10

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 03:53 AM
109 12345