In light of all the Samsung S7 problems, I think with the right marketing and advertising strategy BlackBerry could capitalize and possibly gain some marketshare from them. Is ther anybody else who thinks the same way? Android buyers who don't want to start a fire with their phone may be tempted to at least look into the DTEK 60. Just a thought. imho
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-11-16 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry is only putting out hardware to support their mobile device management software and to be able to provide an end to end security solution for government and enterprise customers. They've already proven a number of times that they cannot compete in the consumer market against Apple and Samsung.
    10-11-16 10:22 AM
    Honestly? No. I don't think BlackBerry has a chance anymore. If you don't get a Samsung, you are most likely going for Pixel or Iphone, but never to a BlackBerry. They messed up too much. Even with the Priv after everything, they did not learn and released a phone with a front facing camera just like a 4 year old model Q10. And no fingerprint sensor and very bad hardware ( I had to replace mine 3 times, last time I just bought another one, yes I paid for 2 Privs to have one)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-11-16 10:47 AM
    Honestly? No. I don't think BlackBerry has a chance anymore. If you don't get a Samsung, you are most likely going for Pixel or Iphone, but never to a BlackBerry. They messed up too much. Even with the Priv after everything, they did not learn and released a phone with a front facing camera just like a 4 year old model Q10. And no fingerprint sensor and very bad hardware ( I had to replace mine 3 times, last time I just bought another one, yes I paid for 2 Privs to have one)

Alot more people had a very positive experience with their privs. Your view is based your own anecdotal evidence.

10-11-16 10:52 AM
    And why would you have to pay for 2 Privs to have one?
    10-11-16 10:54 AM
    Title tweaked.
    10-11-16 10:59 AM
    Worst case being....Samsung beating Blackberry to market with a physical keyboard phone faster than the awaited mercury. In total it will be two phones DTEK 60 and the Mercury behind.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:05 AM
    Just saw an article about what Note 7 users have as alternatives - Blackberry not even mentioned,

Burning to ditch that Samsung Galaxy Note 7? These alternatives will do the job
    10-11-16 11:08 AM
    Surprisingly, the fire blazing Note 7s are still selling better than our own beloved BBs...why?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:15 AM
    Just saw an article about what Note 7 users have as alternatives - Blackberry not even mentioned,

Burning to ditch that Samsung Galaxy Note 7? These alternatives will do the job
    I'm not surprised. The Priv is almost a year old at this point and the specs just don't match up to the Note 7. It surprises me that the the OnePlus 3 didn't make the list, though.

Edit: And, the DTEK60 has yet to be officially announced, let alone an available date given. So it really couldn't be listed as an alternative.
    10-11-16 11:17 AM
    I'm sure someone will come along and say I'm being too negative, but I'm okay with that. There is no possibility that BlackBerry can capitalize on this. With what money are they suddenly suppose to advertise? What product could they put forth as an alternative? The Priv? A DTEK? Stop. Just stop.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-16 11:19 AM
    They don't need to market it. Just release it and hope for the best. That's been working pretty well so far, right?

Posted via CB10
    Yertie and MikeX74 like this.
    10-11-16 11:19 AM
    I see Android Authority just posted a list of suggested replacements if returning your Note 7. Dtek60 not on there. Perhaps could of been if BlackBerry had issues some statement over the last week on the release.
    Oh well... I guess this is the new norm for them to keep things silent. Would have been nice to see some marketing.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:42 AM
    As long as they don't stoop to the level of "Our phones have been tested and won't catch fire." That type of marketing is pathetic. I remember Chen standing up arrogantly in front of the crowd stating that the Passport didn't bend when the iPhone 6 stuff was going on. It came off as desperate, and not to mention utterly false with the numbers of reports from people (myself included) whose Passport bent and the screen lifted because of it.
    MikeX74, JeepBB and shaleem like this.
    10-11-16 11:45 AM
    Priv. Felt cheaply built and the front camera was so trash. Sick an overpriced smartphone. Sent it back b4 30 day money back guarantee was over

10-11-16 12:07 PM
    Surprisingly, the fire blazing Note 7s are still selling better than our own beloved BBs...why?

Posted via CB10
    Is this still being asked? It's the brand. It's considered "cool" to have an iphone or a Samsung. I've lost count how many times when I'm with people and someone takes out their phone and someone else would either ask if that's an iphone or a Samsung. If it's no to both of those, there literally is no follow-up question, absolutely no curiosity as to what it actually is. It's like once they find out it's not an iphone or Samsung, all interest is lost. The phones can be the same every year, cost a crazy amount, blow up, catch on fire, have a bunch of useless features slapped on, it doesn't matter, people will always buy it so they can "fit in" and go "oh look, we both have Samsungs." You think I'm joking? Several occasions I've seen people literally say that and they are so proud that they are the same... I'm just sitting there trying not to face palm...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9353145) and BBrickk like this.
    10-11-16 12:30 PM
    As long as they don't stoop to the level of "Our phones have been tested and won't catch fire." That type of marketing is pathetic. I remember Chen standing up arrogantly in front of the crowd stating that the Passport didn't bend when the iPhone 6 stuff was going on. It came off as desperate, and not to mention utterly false with the numbers of reports from people (myself included) whose Passport bent and the screen lifted because of it.
    I agree, trying to market your device by putting down the competition is poor marketing and that's not the image BB will want to have *cough*LG*cough*

10-11-16 12:31 PM
    Priv. Felt cheaply built and the front camera was so trash. Sick an overpriced smartphone. Sent it back b4 30 day money back guarantee was over

I have no interest in a phone with moving parts like a slider, but I probably never would have found out how bad the front camera is. My wife might have made the discovery though as she actually takes "selfies" or whatever.

10-11-16 12:33 PM
    This is a huge. As of today Samsung will now is not going to replace then because some of the replacements are also catching fire. The company who strategically pivots ( reference intended) due to this is going to fill the big vacuum that is created here. No one expected this. No one. Everything has changed. I saw an article that a survey says a considerable percentage of people will not be buying a Samsung in the future.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Sigewif; 10-11-16 at 01:11 PM.
    10-11-16 12:55 PM
    It is no longer "cool" when they start burning.

10-11-16 01:01 PM
    Love my Priv. So much more fun to use than Samsungs.

Last edited by Sigewif; 10-11-16 at 01:16 PM.
    10-11-16 01:02 PM

Pun intended? Lol. I still know plenty of people who are die-hard samsung fanboys. They said they'll just wait until the problem is fixed and get another samsung...

10-11-16 01:02 PM

Ya. That's when it gets real hot.

Q10 \m/
    10-11-16 01:03 PM
    I see Android Authority just posted a list of suggested replacements if returning your Note 7. Dtek60 not on there. Perhaps could of been if BlackBerry had issues some statement over the last week on the release.
    Oh well... I guess this is the new norm for them to keep things silent. Would have been nice to see some marketing.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not surprised the DTEK60 is not listed . . . nobody knows it exists! Lack of advertising and marketing so the marketplace cannot recognize what they don't think exists.
    10-11-16 01:12 PM
    Pun intended? Lol. I still know plenty of people who are die-hard samsung fanboys. They said they'll just wait until the problem is fixed and get another samsung...

Yes, pun intended!

10-11-16 01:17 PM
109 123 ...