Honestly, I'm unsure of whom BlackBerry are targeting with the DTEK60.
    Do you know?

To me, with the likes of Apple and Samsung releasing big hitters, when it comes to smartphones, I feel the DTEK60, isn't the device BlackBerry should be releasing. Of course, this is merely my opinion...
    DGreen02, kitmo and krazyatom like this.
    09-30-16 09:21 PM
    I think the phone should stack up pretty well against the current flagships, especially at the cost. Here it is vs the Galaxy S7 Edge. Pretty good match up. The DTEK 60 market-1475289904397.jpgThe DTEK 60 market-1475289913239.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The DTEK 60 market-1475289866820.jpg  
    09-30-16 09:45 PM
    09-30-16 09:45 PM
    I think the phone should stack up pretty well against the current flagships, especially at the cost. Here it is vs the Galaxy S7 Edge. Pretty good match up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1475289904397.jpg 
Views:	1139 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	409281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1475289913239.jpg 
Views:	1137 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	409282
    Looks good. Where'd you get these specs?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 09:49 PM
    m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8351&idPhone2=7945
    09-30-16 09:50 PM
    m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_dtek60-8351.php
    09-30-16 09:51 PM
    This comparison is why I don't understand why people pay double for similar specs, less security, cartoon Android OS, outdated ioS,, inferior keyboards. This statement applies for iPhone 7 and S7.

This is why the industry is changing and consumers are winning in demanding superior specs and OS for a lot less money.

Posted via my DTEK50
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    09-30-16 10:04 PM
    I agree. If Blackberry can offer phones with these specs at good prices and provide timely security and system updates, they are on the right path.
    09-30-16 10:36 PM
    I agree. If Blackberry can offer phones with these specs at good prices and provide timely security and system updates, they are on the right path.

... allocate a sizeable marketing and advertising budget while tirelessly ensuring that people know that BlackBerry is still in the hardware business despite not really "manufacturing" the phones themselves.

Then, only then, I would say they are getting there.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 12:16 AM
    The dtek60 is AMOLED not LCD IPS fyi

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-01-16 12:27 AM
    I still think will buy Nexus, OnePlus over this phone

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 02:34 AM
    The answer to the above concerns is pretty clear and you guys are missing it big time. The DTEK60 is not here yet, with the same specs as other flagships already out. Get it? So if you wanted a good spec phone right now what do you have? Exactlyyy an Iphone 7 or a Samsung s7. BlackBerry are always late, after the consumers already decide what they want, BlackBerry releases their same specs product. They need to be faster and not be compared to other products upon launch, but other products compared to a BlackBerry if they want to win. I have been wanted to change my Priv for a new phone and I am still waiting for the Dtek60 with no official news yet.

10-01-16 02:55 AM
    The answer to the above concerns is pretty clear and you guys are missing it big time. The DTEK60 is not here yet, with the same specs as other flagships already out. Get it? So if you wanted a good spec phone right now what do you have? Exactlyyy an Iphone 7 or a Samsung s7. BlackBerry are always late, after the consumers already decide what they want, BlackBerry releases their same specs product. They need to be faster and not be compared to other products upon launch, but other products compared to a BlackBerry if they want to win. I have been wanted to change my Priv for a new phone and I am still waiting for the Dtek60 with no official news yet.

From what I read somewhere in the forums, its geared to release October 11th. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but take with a grain of salt until BlackBerry actually confirms the release date.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:08 AM
    From what I read somewhere in the forums, its geared to release October 11th. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but take it with a grain of salt until BlackBerry actually confirms the release date.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:08 AM
    I think the phone should stack up pretty well against the current flagships, especially at the cost. Here it is vs the Galaxy S7 Edge. Pretty good match up.
    No. This phone does NOT compete against the S7 Edge. Not in a hundred years. THESE are DTEK60's competitors really:

• HTC 10 (SD820+/4GB/32GB) is going for $999
    • HTC A9 (SD617/3GB/32GB) is going for $649
    • Moto Z (SD820+/4GB/64GB/Modular) is going for $899
    • Sony Xperia X Perf (SD820+/3GB/32GB/No Fingerprint) is $699 1

Now before howarmat starts throwing his OnePlus in my face, the reason I did not include the other Chinese "flagship killers" is because of this. Horrendous RMA, long shipping times is what you pay for that low price. Versus BlackBerry, RMA is just a phone call away (24/7 if they don't reduce it from the Priv like they did for DTEK50) and it's sold off the shelf locally in Canada.
    10-01-16 09:23 PM
    No. This phone does NOT compete against the S7 Edge. Not in a hundred years. THESE are DTEK60's competitors really:

Now before howarmat starts throwing his OnePlus in my face, the reason I did not include the other Chinese "flagship killers" is because of this. Horrendous RMA, long shipping times is what you pay for that low price. Versus BlackBerry, RMA is just a phone call away (24/7 if they don't reduce it from the Priv like they did for DTEK50) and it's sold off the shelf locally in Canada.
    Sorry for the stupid question but may I ask why you said DTEK60 doesn't compete with the S7?

Yeah a lot of those forums for OnePlus, Umi etc are full of those complaints. People have huge headaches with customer service, slow updates if they update them at all for the life of the handset. Who needs those headaches with killer specs? No thanks. I will stick with BlackBerry for their trusted security, speedy os updates, security patches and 24/7 customer service. After reading a lot of those forums I was scared to even consider any of those Chinese flagship killers. It's not even worth the stress and headaches.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 11:49 PM

Haha you obviously never RMA'd a BlackBerry!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    10-02-16 02:39 AM
    if your not concern with security updates with OnePlus, go for it.
    10-02-16 03:08 AM
    Sorry for the stupid question but may I ask why you said DTEK60 doesn't compete with the S7?

Yeah a lot of those forums for OnePlus, Umi etc are full of those complaints. People have huge headaches with customer service, slow updates if they update them at all for the life of the handset. Who needs those headaches with killer specs? No thanks. I will stick with BlackBerry for their trusted security, speedy os updates, security patches and 24/7 customer service. After reading a lot of those forums I was scared to even consider any of those Chinese flagship killers. It's not even worth the stress and headaches.

Posted via CB10
    Hear hear. Sure it's nice to have a phone with killer specs for a bargain price. But what use is that when it's not receiving any updates, is a playground for malware etc and offers no serious customer service..

Better stick with a quality brand as BlackBerry

aecgda likes this.
    10-02-16 04:10 AM

The pre order forum is saying October 11th. Right now it's sitting at $499US and $699CDN on certain websites for pre order.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1087620

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 05:43 AM
    The market is likely to be pretty narrow - People who buy phones off-contract from online retailers or directly from Blackberry and closely follow blackberry or mobile technology so have heard of it and are not put off by BBRY exiting hardware.

It will be a small exclusive club and might contain people who previously owned the HP Pre 3.
    10-02-16 06:57 AM

Twice.
    10-02-16 07:40 AM

I've RMAed with BlackBerry twice and both times I had a new phone in my hands within a week. They were great actually. Not sure why people have had such bad experiences with them.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-02-16 08:21 AM
    I've RMAed with BlackBerry twice and both times I had a new phone in my hands within a week. They were great actually. Not sure why people have had such bad experiences with them.

Posted via CB10
    Well the first RMA they did give me a bit of a runaround because I was roaming, and that agent somehow keeps insisting my -1 Priv won't work in Hong Kong, despite the band is listed on there. I bear with them because it was actually my fault it broke.

If only I knew the fastboot modem reflash would fix it I wouldn't have to do that first one, or the second, because my original Priv was actually perfect physically. Second RMA was completely painless though, phone call 10 minutes in out tops and replacement phone was on its way.
    10-02-16 08:30 AM
    This comparison is why I don't understand why people pay double for similar specs, less security, cartoon Android OS, outdated ioS,, inferior keyboards. This statement applies for iPhone 7 and S7.
    For me with iPhones? Superior silicon, actively updated OS (btw, "inferior", "outdated", "best" are highly subjective descriptors and generally pointless) very strong customer support, extensive 3rd party market, ease of use, some very nice accessories. Those parameters are of high value to me.

This is why the industry is changing and consumers are winning in demanding superior specs and OS for a lot less money.

Posted via my DTEK50
    These types of markets are all cyclical and behaviors follow the same patterns in pretty well all industries. Consumers generally do win but largely because they have choices across price and capabilities. But the vast majority of OEMs suffer to deliver. You get a lot of contenders enter and exit but the majority will fail with a few long-stinging successes. Too bad, so sad, but that's the price the consumer inflicts by their demands.

You know, in its heyday RIM's handsets were among the most expensive and desired for the perceived exclusive cachet as the "executive" device as much as its capabilities. The irony that has popped out of the other shoe dropping amuses me.
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    10-02-16 11:45 AM
52 123