I have a weird issue on my Dtek that I suspect is physical damage rather than software. My phone keeps getting stuck in a mode that would tend to engage if you had a case with a small window on the closed cover. I'm not describing it well but basically you can only get a mini screen going on the phone. I took it to a shop and they had the case off the back and felt it was something with the wireless charging pad on the battery. We removed it and it seemed to get better at the shop. Next day I'm back though where it gets in that mode and only through random pressing on the case can I get it out. Does anyone know how those cases work on phones to indicate to them to display a small window which disappears when you open the case?
    05-17-18 05:20 PM
    What phone has "wireless charging pad" exactly? Are you sure that you are asking in the right forum?
    05-17-18 07:20 PM
    I have a weird issue on my Dtek that I suspect is physical damage rather than software. My phone keeps getting stuck in a mode that would tend to engage if you had a case with a small window on the closed cover. I'm not describing it well but basically you can only get a mini screen going on the phone. I took it to a shop and they had the case off the back and felt it was something with the wireless charging pad on the battery. We removed it and it seemed to get better at the shop. Next day I'm back though where it gets in that mode and only through random pressing on the case can I get it out. Does anyone know how those cases work on phones to indicate to them to display a small window which disappears when you open the case?
    I have the sleeve cover (smart pocket, or something like that), and I wanna say it's magnetic, because just by placing the phone on top of it activates the small lock screen, but I'm not sure.
    05-17-18 10:09 PM
    By wireless charging pad I mean a small black piece that goes over the battery when you remove the cover. My understanding is that it is used in wireless charging. Anyway that's gone now so not the issue. Now the issue has gotten really bad where at times no amount of pushing on my screen will get it out of the small window mode. I'd love to find a sensor I can disable somehow either software or physical to stop it from happening. If I can't the phone is done I guess. Had it less than a year, kind of a shame.
    05-17-18 11:39 PM
    For lack of a better way to put this it sounds like your phone is in a state of being permanently magnetically polarised from the case. Try finding a magnetise/demagnetise block, you can get them online easily or at a hardware store I suspect. However, they're usually shaped for use on things like screwdrivers, i'm not sure if just rubbing one of the ends over your BlackBerry will do the trick but it's worth a try. Do you work around anything that gives off a strong magnetic field?

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Last edited by Blackberryphosphamide; 05-18-18 at 01:55 AM.
    05-18-18 01:26 AM
    And risking to sound stupid, you wouldn't be using a magnetic car holder on your case, would you? Have you tried to take your case off, to see if, by any chance, there's something magnetic on it?

I know it sounds silly, but sometimes we do ignore obvious things like that
    moonflyer likes this.
    05-18-18 10:40 AM
    I had the exact same problem with my dtek60. it drove me bananas. I spent days with RMAs and on the phone with customer service. I would get the small window when it was bumped. I have the flip case that does put it in the same windowed mode but stopped using it when I got the incipio case. I love this phone but the amount of time spent sending it back only to get the same issue returning. I even sent in videos of the issue.
    05-22-18 08:32 PM