So we all know what makes part of being a BlackBerry is the convenience key. Unfortunately the Priv and Passport lacked that "key" feature. Anyway, the Dtek 60 was built by TLC and basically the dtek60 was a dressed up version of a previous model the company had already built (Alcatel Idol 4). So my question is what was the "convenience key" used for on the idol 4?
    05-22-18 09:10 PM
    So we all know what makes part of being a BlackBerry is the convenience key. Unfortunately the Priv and Passport lacked that "key" feature. Anyway, the Dtek 60 was built by TLC and basically the dtek60 was a dressed up version of a previous model the company had already built (Alcatel Idol 4). So my question is what was the "convenience key" used for on the idol 4?
    Alcatel calls it the "boom" key. Same thing.
    Jonathank likes this.
    05-22-18 09:17 PM
    So is it just a coincidence that TLC started making BlackBerry?. Or is the "boom" key not unusual for OEM makers?. I haven't really seen the key outside of a BlackBerry . (Except for that new Google button on the S9 that "jerry rig" says BlackBerry copied lol)
    05-22-18 09:22 PM
    So is it just a coincidence that TLC started making BlackBerry?. Or is the "boom" key not unusual for OEM makers?. I haven't really seen the key outside of a BlackBerry . (Except for that new Google button on the S9 that "jerry rig" says BlackBerry copied lol)
    BlackBerry approached TCL to build the DTEKs for them out of the various reference parts TCL was using in its TCL950 and Idol 4 variants.
    05-22-18 09:53 PM