I think it was about 1 month later after it appeared in Shop BlackBerry. I think Carriers like Telus and Rogers will most likely have within a months time. If they carried the DTEK50 they will surely carry the DTEK60 for sure.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I figured. I hope that's true. I've been waiting for this phone as a successor to my Z30 for over a year now, I guess another month should be a piece of cake. I have heard rumors about no carrier talks to carry this phone, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    10-26-16 11:53 PM
    Since the carriers like Rogers sell them to corporate customers I don't see why they wouldn't carry them, as with the DTEK 50 there may be a delay with their release
    No they don't. Enterprise wants a iPhone or to be different an iPhone Plus.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 12:40 AM
    This phone will be DOA without any carrier support LOL
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-27-16 02:01 AM
    This phone will be DOA without any carrier support LOL
    For example, Bell sells the Dtek50 but all of the Bell stores that I visited do not even have a non working slab. They have non working models of the cheaper Alcatel version. Cannot blame them. Consumers at the lower end not willing to pay extra for the security.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 07:00 AM
    The company we deal with for our phones said that Bell Canada has told them there will be no DTEK60 phones. Now I'm forced to go with a Samsung
    10-27-16 07:23 AM
    If BBs strategy is really to not seed the DTEK60 to carriers, than they honestly deserve to fail. Official release date for this phone is muddied because they want to "work on marketing material", then they release the DTEK60 and their big marketing push is some webcast that all of 3000 people watched. Now there are grumblings that this model won't be supported by Canadian carriers? So wheres the journalistic push from this site to further investigate why Blackberry has chosen this path? Everyone seems to be content with status quo and mediocrity.... just shrug your shoulders and convince yourself that you've tried seems to be the mantra of this company.
    10-27-16 08:38 AM
    If BBs strategy is really to not seed the DTEK60 to carriers, than they honestly deserve to fail. Official release date for this phone is muddied because they want to "work on marketing material", then they release the DTEK60 and their big marketing push is some webcast that all of 3000 people watched. Now there are grumblings that this model won't be supported by Canadian carriers? So wheres the journalistic push from this site to further investigate why Blackberry has chosen this path? Everyone seems to be content with status quo and mediocrity.... just shrug your shoulders and convince yourself that you've tried seems to be the mantra of this company.
    It's sad but true.
    10-27-16 09:53 AM
    As a shareholder I'm disgusted. Time to sell (probably a long time ago but I live local to their home base and hated to stop supporting).
    10-27-16 11:58 AM
    I was in contact with our Rogers Business Rep. He indicated that they expect to get the DTEK60 in the next week or so. However...this may just be a guess.. on the other hand.. there is no notification that they will NOT carry it either.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 12:00 PM
    I was in contact with our Rogers Business Rep. He indicated that they expect to get the DTEK60 in the next week or so. However...this may just be a guess.. on the other hand.. there is no notification that they will NOT carry it either.

Posted via CB10
    I hope this is true, because they need carriers to carry this. I know a few friends that want to upgrade their hardware through Rogers, they don't want to buy the phone outright. I'm pretty sure there are lots of folks out there that don't want to buy outright. BlackBerry needs to have this available to carriers like Bell, Rogers and Telus. If it makes to carriers, more people will find out about the device and give it a shot. In the end this might hurt the sales of the DTEK60.

Common BlackBerry get your game together.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vagos2006; 10-27-16 at 06:06 PM.
    10-27-16 04:21 PM
    Yes...in Canada, subsidized phones are still a thing.
    10-27-16 05:03 PM
    Yes...in Canada, subsidized phones are still a thing.
    It's actually the customers who are subsidizing the carriers' loyalty programs.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-27-16 05:12 PM
    I hope this is true, because they need carriers to carry this. I know a few friends that want to upgrade their hardware through Rogers, they don't want to buy the phone outright. I'm pretty sure there are lots of folks out there that don't want to buy outright. BlackBerry needs to have this available to carriers like Bell, Rogers and Telus. If it makes to carriers, more people will find out about the device and give it a shot. In the end this might hurt the sales of the DTEK60.

Common BlackBerry get your game together.

Posted via CB10
    You must be kidding bro - they've been selling through carriers for the Priv and that phone sold less than the Z10 did.

The dtek50 is available through carriers too none of the stores I visited carried it on display, just in the "back room". Instead I saw one Bell store have the idol 4 placed next to the Priv...

They said it very clearly on their blog - this will be sold to enterprise only and if consumers want it, they can order it.

Another BlackBerry employee on here, also said, there are NO plans to sell through carriers and no discussions at the moment - so IF they do decide to get it going, it will be a while before you can buy through them.

The dtek50 isn't even really fully launched - I know people have said they "seen it" but I haven't seen a single one on display yet.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-27-16 06:12 PM
    You must be kidding bro - they've been selling through carriers for the Priv and that phone sold less than the Z10 did.

The dtek50 is available through carriers too none of the stores I visited carried it on display, just in the "back room". Instead I saw one Bell store have the idol 4 placed next to the Priv...

They said it very clearly on their blog - this will be sold to enterprise only and if consumers want it, they can order it.

Another BlackBerry employee on here, also said, there are NO plans to sell through carriers and no discussions at the moment - so IF they do decide to get it going, it will be a while before you can buy through them.

The dtek50 isn't even really fully launched - I know people have said they "seen it" but I haven't seen a single one on display yet.

Priv has a keyboard and moving parts. Most don't want that and either did I, so I had no interest in it. I'm pretty sure many felt what I felt, hence the low sales. Now the DTEK60 is a different story.

I went to a few Rogers store and they had the DTEK50 working display. So they are show casing it. Even if they don't sell that much, they don't need to buy so many, just make it available, you never know when someone might bite.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 06:22 PM

The DTEK60 is a prosumer device. Enterprise are rolling out the DTEK50 to their employees. The 60 is neither cost effective nor constructed to be a fleet device. Show me one device in Canada that has no marketing dollars behind it that has sold in droves without carrier support?
    10-27-16 07:44 PM
    The DTEK60 is a prosumer device. Enterprise are rolling out the DTEK50 to their employees. The 60 is neither cost effective nor constructed to be a fleet device. Show me one device in Canada that has no marketing dollars behind it that has sold in droves without carrier support?
    Really? How is providing a flagship spec'd phone for 499 not cost effective in comparison to providing iPhones and galaxies?

Obviously you need marketing and carrier support to sell volume.

They have repeatedly stated they're done with the consumers for the time being though. The DTEK50 isn't even launched though carriers in the USA...
    10-27-16 08:56 PM
    Really? How is providing a flagship spec'd phone for 499 not cost effective in comparison to providing iPhones and galaxies?

They have repeatedly stated they're done with the consumers for the time being though. The DTEK50 isn't even launched though carriers in the USA...
    650 cdn dollars with the bundle. The only working DTEK that I have seen so far as been at Costco. Good deals at Costco if you are starting a plan.
    10-27-16 10:11 PM
    From my impressions from what I've been hearing BlackBerry doesn't want to pay for shelf space at cell providers stores anymore and want to go a different route buy going Internet sales and stores like Staples. To a point I am happy about that. I buy mine outright and my provider doesn't sell BlackBerrys anymore and never sold their Flagship phones.
    10-27-16 10:50 PM
    BlackBerry Rep says they haven't even approached carriers for the DTEK60. It is very unlikely it will ever happen as it takes months to work out the details.
    Any specific reason why they wouldn't be approaching carriers? Given that atleast the canadian carriers had the DTEK50?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-28-16 01:27 AM
    It's on Amazon.ca for pre-order: $649.00.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 07:49 AM
    It's on Amazon.ca for pre-order: $649.00.

Posted via CB10
    Just a heads up you will be screwed on warranty should you need it.

BlackBerry refers you back to your point of sale for warranty claims and amazon provides a 30 day return/exchange but beyond that refers you back to the manufacturer - in summary, you will be stuck in the middle with no warranty.

I'd avoid amazon for phones, at least from BlackBerry.

10-28-16 07:58 AM
    650 cdn dollars with the bundle. The only working DTEK that I have seen so far as been at Costco. Good deals at Costco if you are starting a plan.
    Right and for comparable flagships if you want to discuss CAD for iphones and samsungs are still $200 more lol

10-28-16 08:06 AM
    I feel like BB has completely given up on phones. They don't even try to get the carriers to carry it. If their target is for business, most business employees won't buy their phones outright. They do hardware upgrade through plans with carriers. It makes me feel like Mr. Chen wants to sell BB now.
    10-28-16 08:53 AM
    I feel like BB has completely given up on phones.
    Where have you been? BlackBerry has closed its hardware division. They are only providing licences to 3rd parties going forward.

BlackBerry has completed its pivot to becoming a software company.
    10-28-16 09:03 AM

Most corporate rollouts are done using previous iterations of the Iphone or galaxy to cut down on initial costs.
    10-28-16 09:09 AM
70 123