Hello, I have had my DTEK60 for a few weeks now, I came from an S6 edge.

This battery drain is wonky! I've gone through the typical troubleshooting steps, but to no avail, up to and including deleting all apps, including Facebook and messenger, disabling location services and Bluetooth, deleting all accounts and finally using an auto loader (which is incidentally how I stumbled across this little corner of the internet)

Here are some screen shots of my usage. I am able to get around 11 hours of idle time with around 2 hours of screen on time.

Unfortunately, if this is the norm, I may need to swap back to the s6.

I actually reinstalled Facebook to test it, and it actually made my battery life better. Lol.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-15287.jpg  
    02-10-17 08:50 PM
    Doesn't seem out of the ordinary.
    Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-15291.jpg  
    02-10-17 08:52 PM
    My battery almost always lasts a day. My passport was 2 days. Rarely had trouble with battery not lasting a day. Looking at your pic though at a quick glance I'd say turn your screen brightness down. Mine reads around 8% battery usage yours states 28% apps are sucking a lot of power for you too, you use apps that use a lot of location?
    02-10-17 10:04 PM
    My battery almost always lasts a day. My passport was 2 days. Rarely had trouble with battery not lasting a day. Looking at your pic though at a quick glance I'd say turn your screen brightness down. Mine reads around 8% battery usage yours states 28% apps are sucking a lot of power for you too, you use apps that use a lot of location?
    No. Plus I shut location and Bluetooth scanning off in options.

My screen brightness is cranked the whole way down! It's just because it sits there unused for the most part. It's always android os and kernel that take up the most.
    02-11-17 05:45 AM
    what are you using the phone for, any games or videos?
    02-11-17 08:43 AM
    How many apps are running in the background?
    02-11-17 11:40 AM
    No. Plus I shut location and Bluetooth scanning off in options.

My screen brightness is cranked the whole way down! It's just because it sits there unused for the most part. It's always android os and kernel that take up the most.
    Is it up to date? Post some pics from the built-in battery monitor. My battery has been ridiculous. Heavy usage and still at 50% after 12 hours?!? Unreal. Smokes my Z30
    02-11-17 11:56 AM
    I don't really find it a struggle at all. Sure it's not the best battery life out there but with car chargers, and chargers around the home I don't really have an issue and I'm a heavy user
    00stryder likes this.
    02-11-17 11:58 AM
    I purchased Metal Pro so that Facebook and Twitter usage would be reduced.... Seems to be fine otherwise.
    02-11-17 03:42 PM
    I found that turning off "Draw Over Apps" for certain apps has improved my battery life leaps and bounds.

No major differences in performance.
    aNGERY, jermainewill and brian4591 like this.
    02-11-17 09:12 PM
    I found that turning off "Draw Over Apps" for certain apps has improved my battery life leaps and bounds.

I will try
    02-11-17 11:15 PM
    That didn't help.

I've been using it for a bit and it's draining pretty rapidly.
    Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-15409.jpg  
    02-12-17 12:01 PM
    My phone took about 3 weeks to a month to settle down. I was really worried for a while. Now my phone is amazing and possibly lasting up to a day and a half.

Couple things I did:
    Turned off / uninstalled Goggle Now
    Turned off Google Photos. I had 14,000 pics on the cloud and Google photos seemed to be eating up my DTEK60 syncing all the photos.

Now that my phone is back to normal I will try turning on the apps to see what happens again.
    00stryder likes this.
    02-12-17 10:33 PM
    That didn't help.

I've been using it for a bit and it's draining pretty rapidly.
    You must have some app(s) that are killing your battery. I'd look into that
    02-13-17 11:34 AM
    So I went to sleep with 100%, unplugged the phone. During the night there is basically no activity on the phone. Screen off, hardly any WhatsApp messages etc. This is what I woke up to:

Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-255273.jpg

Must be something wrong with the phone? How can it eat 43% of battery during the night... and why don't the numbers add up?
    02-25-17 02:42 AM
    Those shots are shockers. You guys might want to start fresh.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    02-25-17 02:53 AM
    Where can I find an after-market battery for my DTek60. I'm thinking someone must have made one that's compatible and bigger then 3000maH
    02-26-17 03:51 PM
    This phone is honestly trash. Don't even bother talking to their technical support, I was better off asking my two dogs and gecko for help.

12 minutes of screen on time takes it down 10 percent. They've already "fixed" it once.

Unfortunately, it's looking like you can't take alcatel and TCL parts and put a premium shell on it, and expect results that leave you happy.

It was between the zen phone and the dtek60, I made the wrong decision
    Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-screenshot_20170227-202249.jpg   Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-screenshot_20170227-202243.jpg  
    02-27-17 07:29 PM
    Do you have Sonos app on your phone? I've seen other threads about this app draining battery abnormally

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 11:28 PM
    I have been using my phone since 6 am
    13 hours later
    I have responded to about 100 emails
    Multiple phone calls
    Multiple texts
    My battery is at 71%

The Sonos app was killing my phone before
    03-02-17 06:43 PM
    I don't really find it a struggle at all. Sure it's not the best battery life out there but with car chargers, and chargers around the home I don't really have an issue and I'm a heavy user
    I wholeheartedly agree. I used to care about screen on time and all-day battery life once I embraced the benefits of QC 3.0. I'm not tethered to wall-chargers or portable packs per se, but I do take advantage of quick charges during car commutes or at home when I need to.

Probably plays a good part in it too. I use LastPass though and need the overlay setting to let me auto login.

My phone took about 3 weeks to a month to settle down. I was really worried for a while. Now my phone is amazing and possibly lasting up to a day and a half.

Couple things I did:
    Turned off / uninstalled Goggle Now
    Turned off Google Photos. I had 14,000 pics on the cloud and Google photos seemed to be eating up my DTEK60 syncing all the photos.

Now that my phone is back to normal I will try turning on the apps to see what happens again.
    Same for me. At first I was concerned about battery life like OP, but now it doesn't even cross my mind.

So I went to sleep with 100%, unplugged the phone. During the night there is basically no activity on the phone. Screen off, hardly any WhatsApp messages etc. This is what I woke up to:

Must be something wrong with the phone? How can it eat 43% of battery during the night... and why don't the numbers add up?
    I'd use something like GSam Battery Monitor to look at what's using battery life over time; in my case, it was Bluetooth (for whatever reason).
    I have been using my phone since 6 am
    13 hours later
    I have responded to about 100 emails
    Multiple phone calls
    Multiple texts
    My battery is at 71%

The Sonos app was killing my phone before
    It took a few weeks but now I'm doing great with my phone, battery life isn't really an issue for me. Some days if I'm busy at work I can go the whole day and come out with something like 82% left by 5-6 pm.
    Last edited by 00stryder; 03-02-17 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Image attachments (not working)
    harmit214 likes this.
    03-02-17 07:27 PM
    (had to make a second post because the pics wouldn't upload to the first one).

OP, as you can see I have similar usage patterns to you, but I'm enjoying significantly more battery life. I've found that over time, it's gotten much better. If you're patient, and root out all the battery hogs and get rid of them, you'll make it through your day just fine. That, coupled with very fast recharging speeds when needed, make it a much easier device to use than the Priv, which technically has a bigger battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else struggle severely with DTEK60 battery life?-73215.jpg  
    03-02-17 07:57 PM