when I connect my new handset to either my laptop or pc, the device is recognised immediately, but no files are visible - do I need to amend settings so that either laptop or pc can access the handset's files, or is this not possible with android devices as it's preferred that you only access files through google cloud, etc?
    11-21-16 05:41 AM
    when I connect my new handset to either my laptop or pc, the device is recognised immediately, but no files are visible - do I need to amend settings so that either laptop or pc can access the handset's files, or is this not possible with android devices as it's preferred that you only access files through google cloud, etc?
    a screen should pop up and ask you what you want to do. if it doesnt pop up, swipe down from the top and choose file transfer. I think it charges by default, rather than file transfer. after that, you can access all files through explorer.
    dbutch1976 likes this.
    11-21-16 06:51 AM
    a screen should pop up and ask you what you want to do. if it doesnt pop up, swipe down from the top and choose file transfer. I think it charges by default, rather than file transfer. after that, you can access all files through explorer.
    Hi, thankyou. yes, the "AutoPlay" popup appears, but when I click on "open device to view files" as I would normally, there are no files to be seen, even though my phones is loaded with many photos & musical files. Strange.
    11-21-16 07:15 AM
    He means on the phone. At the top of the phone it should say something like USB connection options. If you press that then you get charge only, file transfer, midi, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 07:34 AM
    Ah, beg you pardon, thank you. Got it.
    11-21-16 07:39 AM
    Ah, beg you pardon, thank you. Got it.
    yeah sorry. did that work?
    11-21-16 08:01 AM
    yeah sorry. did that work?
    It did, thanks very much. Still finding my way round android basics I guess.....I'm used to my USB connection being open and not having to specify its use. All good now, thanks again.
    11-21-16 08:06 AM
    You have to swipe down from top to read notifications.
    And it doesn't say anything about connection options... it only says " connected as charging device"
    You must press this for it to give you an option of transferring files. Good old blackberry and their user friendly interfaces lol...
    11-21-16 08:08 AM
    my dtek50 says touch for more options. I wonder why yours doesn't?
    11-21-16 08:28 AM
    This was my problem, can't believe how long it took me to fix it! Thanks for the help, should have looked here first.
    11-22-16 08:58 AM