Hey folks,

For the last few months I have noticed an annoying problem. I have my brightness turned down low to conserve battery and spare my eyes.

Each time I reboot my phone the brightness slider is still very low but the phone itself is very bright. I have to go into display settings and turn the adaptive brightness switch off and then on again and all is good.

Has anyone else seen that?

On a side note since the Feb update by battery is draining an a crazy pace all of a sudden. I mean it was not great at all before that but now it's nuts!

It makes we want to get an S9
    03-07-18 08:11 AM
    Hey folks,

For the last few months I have noticed an annoying problem. I have my brightness turned down low to conserve battery and spare my eyes.

Each time I reboot my phone the brightness slider is still very low but the phone itself is very bright. I have to go into display settings and turn the adaptive brightness switch off and then on again and all is good.

On a side note since the Feb update by battery is draining an a crazy pace all of a sudden. I mean it was not great at all before that but now it's nuts!

Get the S9 then.
    03-07-18 09:15 AM
    Hey folks,

I read in the forums an item about Netflix being a battery hog and I had suspicions of Skype Lite doing something wrong. I uninstalled both for a few days to let the system settle. I reinstalled Netflix and after an update a few days ago all is well. I have no real need of Skype so I cannot say with any proof that it may be a culprit as well. Battery life is OK now.
    03-07-18 12:58 PM
    Hey folks,

Never had that problem. Maybe try to turn off the adaptive brightness and reboot the phone to see if it changes anything? If the brightness stays low, than it's probably the adaptive brightness malfunctioning. In that case, it could be a software problem (factory reset could solve it) or the brightness sensor not working properly.

Battery drain issues after a system update are not a specific problem to the DTEK60, it could happen to any Android powered device. Happened once to my secondary phone (S7 Edge).
    03-07-18 11:00 PM
    I read in the forums an item about Netflix being a battery hog and I had suspicions of Skype Lite doing something wrong. I uninstalled both for a few days to let the system settle. I reinstalled Netflix and after an update a few days ago all is well. I have no real need of Skype so I cannot say with any proof that it may be a culprit as well. Battery life is OK now.
    I stopped using Skype on my phone a long time ago for that exact reason. Turns out that when you leave Skype logged in, even if you close the app, it still keeps running on the background, consuming a lot of battery. But as I said, I quit Skype a long time ago, so that issue may have been addressed since then.
    03-07-18 11:06 PM