BlackBerry probably cancelled DTEK60.

- Selling channels removed DTEK60 listing.
    - What is the point of releasing a new phone when their all official channels kept posting "Software is the new BlackBerry" repeatedly?.
    - They even stopped any ads for their phones.
    - Their two months old DTEK50 got ZERO ads or official media mentioning as well.
    - Look at BlackBerry official site. The main page doesn't have any smartphone materials.

These are only speculations have them due to many obvious signs.
    What do you think?
    abathia likes this.
    10-14-16 07:03 PM
    - Look at BlackBerry official site. The main page doesn't have any smartphone materials.
    But there is a link to this on the main page: BlackBerry Smartphones - Canada

- Selling channels removed DTEK60 listing.
    Perhaps because they were put up prematurely, before the official announcement? Which has been delayed.
    patj545 likes this.
    10-14-16 07:11 PM
    I posted doubts about the release of this phone last week.
    I guess it is cancelled. They are now clearing the inventories of ShopBlackberry. They totally stopped any marketing for their phones, even in their Facebook, Instagram, Youtube channel, and also the main website.
    It seems that TCL doesn't want to produce BB phones and handle full responsibility related to marketing, support, and distribution of these devices. BlackBerry doesn't like to produce any smartphone anymore.
    I hope I'm wrong... We will see.
    10-14-16 07:11 PM
    There was a rumor that DTEK60 also had bad battery like Samsung Note 7.
    anon(9064837) likes this.
    10-14-16 07:13 PM
    But there is a link to this on the main page: BlackBerry Smartphones - Canada

Perhaps because they were put up prematurely, before the official announcement? Which has been delayed.
    I just said the main page..
    Look at the four thumbnails photos.. No reference for any smartphone.
    This never happened before, especially they have a newly released phone that needs some ads
    10-14-16 07:16 PM
    I posted doubts about the release of this phone last week.
    I guess it is cancelled. They are now clearing the inventories of ShopBlackberry. They totally stopped any marketing for their phones, even in their Facebook, Instagram, Youtube channel, and also the main website.
    It seems that TCL doesn't want to produce BB phones and handle full responsibility related to marketing, support, and distribution of these devices. BlackBerry doesn't like to produce any smartphone anymore.
    I hope I'm wrong... We will see.
    Totally agree.. That is exactly what I meant.
    10-14-16 07:17 PM
    There was a rumor that DTEK60 also had bad battery like Samsung Note 7.
    What? Where did you hear that? From me asking in prior thread as basically a joke? Completely FALSE!

Posted via my DTEK50
    Ecm and Randal Yandal like this.
    10-14-16 07:17 PM
    What? Where did you hear that? From me asking in prior thread as basically a joke? Completely FALSE!

Posted via my DTEK50
    It's just a rumor.

Rumoured reason for delay

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
    10-14-16 07:28 PM

Posted via my DTEK50

Probably. Or from another unsubstantiated rumour. I don't see how there could be reports about battery problems in a device that hasn't hit the streets yet. Lol.

Also, I expect this thread will be cited by someone else as confirming the device is cancelled. And so on...
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-14-16 07:30 PM
    Where the heck do you guys get your ideas? DTEK60 is coming next week, already listed on numerous retailer sites, the phone was planned long ago and way too much has been invested to stop now...stop with the unfounded rumours and speculation already..

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 07:34 PM
    Yes, and the battery rumour is BS as well...Blaze answered that already!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 07:36 PM
    Where the heck do you guys get your ideas? DTEK60 is coming next week, already listed on numerous retailer sites, the phone was planned long ago and way too much has been invested to stop now...stop with the unfounded rumours and speculation already..

Posted via CB10
    Where did you hear that it will release next week?
    10-14-16 07:37 PM
    I just said the main page..
    Look at the four thumbnails photos.. No reference for any smartphone.
    This never happened before, especially they have a newly released phone that needs some ads

Their main focus is now on software. We know this. So software is featured on the home page, with links available to smartphones. That is no indicator that a device has been cancelled.
    10-14-16 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    None of the BlackBerry's executives confirmed the release of this phone. Both Chen and Thurber talked about the Android phone with PK and didn't mention anything about DTEK60.

I clearly know there isn't any solid evidence of cancellation. That's why I called my post speculations.
    10-14-16 07:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12626433

Maybe this may ease the tension for some? From a BlackBerry Product Manager? (post 28)
    10-14-16 07:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12626433

Maybe this may ease the tension for some? From a BlackBerry Product Manager? (post 28)
    How do you know if he's real blackberry product manager??
    10-14-16 07:56 PM
    How do you know if he's real blackberry product manager??
    It has been confirmed by CB.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-14-16 07:58 PM
    This was posted today at 7:39 AM PDT by Dev J Product Manager - BlackBerry

Anecdotally speaking about battery life...what i can say is this...

(looking at 24 hr+ battery usage)
    Note: brightness always at ~80% full, wifi, bt, location, nfc always on)

100% charge at 6pm
    @9am the next day - ~57%
    @10am charged device to 98%
    being connected to wifi all day and using the phone (answering emails, phone calls, random browsing web etc.)
    @2pm ~55%
    (knowing i wouldn't be able to charge my device until next morning....i plugged in)
    @3:30pm ish - 82%
    UNPLUGGED ( evening usage: e-mail handling, more social chatting/browsing, videos, games etc.)
    @10am the following day 20%

I don't know if you would consider this good or bad, but thought i would pre-share...
    look for official announcements soon....

Dev J
    Product Manager - BlackBerry
    brian4591 likes this.
    10-14-16 08:02 PM
    It has been confirmed by CB.
    I will follow him. Thanks!
    Ecm likes this.
    10-14-16 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, look at BlackBerry's recent behavior. They didn't promote anything related to devices.
    The example of DTEK50 is very good. No ads and no promotions at all for a phone released since 2-3 months only. Go to BlackBerry's Facebook page. Last phone add was a month ago (except for shopblackberry ads, whose goals are very obvious). Now tell me, how are they gonna release a new phone while their recently released phone got zero media support? Do you think this is the best policy for a corporate that intends to release more devices?
    If you take into your consideration the cost of marketing, distribution, support, and inventory write down, you will find the cost of cancellation is less than product releasing.
    They already announced pulling the plug and got very negative press. This could damage the fate of any new phone.
    10-14-16 08:07 PM
    Well, look at BlackBerry's recent behavior. They didn't promote anything related to devices. ....
    You mean they are acting like they are now a software company who sells a few devices to support their software sales mainly to their government and enterprise customers?
    10-14-16 08:13 PM
    Where did you hear that it will release next week?
    Hmmm....Conite just posted that he successfully purchased one on Staples.ca and someone else has spoken with Staples who confirm they will start shipping Monday.....

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 09:27 PM
    I just tried Staples and YES, purchase works....i didn't complete as I just ordered a Priv, but Staples is live!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 09:30 PM
    All of those people who are like "I knew it won't come out!" will probably be sad if it comes out...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Uzi, ardakca, RichardAitch and 3 others like this.
    10-14-16 09:58 PM
    I just tried Staples and YES, purchase works....i didn't complete as I just ordered a Priv, but Staples is live!
    This Item Ships Free
    Expected Shipping: 3 - 10 Business Days
    10-14-16 10:01 PM
96 123 ...