@OP

Blackberry doesn't really care if you buy google pixel phone or not. Blackberry is aim for gov/enterprise with BB security.
    @krazyatom

I agree BlackBerry doesn't really care....

But the claims of some niche of Gov/Enterprise are pretty much gone now. Chen has basically admitted that doesn't exist for them as they are getting out of the hardware game. The fact he announced their changes without a vendor to provide "coverage" in western markets... is a pretty clear indicator that those type customers just could not bet past BlackBerry track record and financial standing.
    krazyatom and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-04-16 01:26 PM
    I agree that the future for BlackBerry all touch phones looks pretty dim.

I could see a brand like Asus or Kyocera taking on a PKB model. Best hope would be for Lenovo to make a phone with a BlackBerry keyboard.

My hope is that BlackBerry does make the Mercury model as rendered.
    10-04-16 01:59 PM
    ToniCipriani, what is your point? I never mentioned Canadian Prices. What I posted was straight from HTC and the $549 price was for U.S. Customers. Feel free to check their website.
    And I'm telling you it's irrelevant as the only leaked price for DTEK60 is in Canadian.
    10-04-16 02:12 PM
    I was really waiting for your Dtek60 until I saw the price. I will be happily not buying your product and instead buying pixel or a nexus phone, which is lot cheaper with higher performance. I can understand 50-100$ extra for security, but anything beyond is stupid and crazy.

Posted via CB10
    As you no doubt know now after Google I/O, PIxel is priced on par with iPhone and it appears Nexus will no longer be available.
    10-04-16 02:17 PM
    Google Pixel is 899. Compare DTEK60 with that.
    10-04-16 02:58 PM
    Google Pixel is 899. Compare DTEK60 with that.
    Dear John Chen and BlackBerry-phonecomp.png

DTEK specs from that donotpublish page, Pixel specs from here: Google Pixel and Pixel XL specs, price, release date and everything else you should know
    Vampiro, Jrox74 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-04-16 03:26 PM
    LOL, ToniCipriani, I'm talking about the HTC10 not a BlackBerry DTEk60.
    The Post came from HTC Website that is offering the price of $549 for the HTC10 for its U.S. Customers.
    If you are simply making a comparison, then that's fine.
    10-04-16 03:38 PM
    That $549 is a U.S. Price!
    And the $699 Canadian price for the Dtek60 is $530.03 US, so...
    10-04-16 04:10 PM
    I am sorry the DTEK60 has the taint of the BlackBerry logo... you must take $200 off for it.
    10-04-16 04:13 PM
    People complain about the wierdest things when it is BB.
    10-04-16 04:14 PM
    LOL, ToniCipriani, I'm talking about the HTC10 not a BlackBerry DTEk60.
    The Post came from HTC Website that is offering the price of $549 for the HTC10 for its U.S. Customers.
    If you are simply making a comparison, then that's fine.
    OK whatever.
    10-04-16 04:15 PM
    I am sorry the DTEK60 has the taint of the BlackBerry logo... you must take $200 off for it.
    Only $200? They better repay me $600 for the money I wasted on that POS BB10 Classic first.

(/s)
    10-04-16 04:16 PM
    Dear OP , dont make a everlasting decision for your temporary emotion . Device is yet to be launched and feedback about performance , security is awaited .
    10-05-16 05:07 AM
    I was really waiting for your Dtek60 until I saw the price. I will be happily not buying your product and instead buying pixel or a nexus phone, which is lot cheaper with higher performance.
    A lot Cheaper? Not just a little even?

Yeah, I would wait before making such bold predictions xD.
    10-05-16 09:09 AM
    A lot Cheaper? Not just a little even?

Yeah, I would wait before making such bold predictions xD.
    I already debunked it like several replies back. I'm just waiting for the next common excuse that it's "Chinese TCL junk".
    10-05-16 09:12 AM
    I already debunked it like several replies back. I'm just waiting for the next common excuse that it's "Chinese TCL junk".
    Oh wait I'll go like the post.

As if Google's phone is made in the British empire. But they're designed by Google? Yeah look how that turned out xD.

Its interesting how people tell you Chinese junk when it comes to BlackBerry but I never hear Anti-China sentiments when it comes to Foxconn making Apple products. Best phones EVER even if they're made under the Nazis.

China Vs Taiwan, I take China, not to lessen HTC though, great company.
    10-05-16 09:21 AM
    Oh wait I'll go like the post.

As if Google's phone is made in the British empire. But they're designed by Google? Yeah look how that turned out xD.

Its interesting how people tell you Chinese junk when it comes to BlackBerry but I never hear Anti-China sentiments when it comes to Foxconn making Apple products. Best phones EVER even if they're made under the Nazis.

China Vs Taiwan, I take China, not to lessen HTC though, great company.
    High quality products are made in China.... TCL's reputation is not one for high quality products, they are known for low end products at rock bottom prices. For us North American users... their TV's are probably the most common product that we see from them. Go look at the professional reviews for TCL and RCA TVs... most will say you are better off spending a little more for Vizio tv that is also made in China.
    10-05-16 09:56 AM
    High quality products are made in China.... TCL's reputation is not one for high quality products, they are known for low end products at rock bottom prices. For us North American users... their TV's are probably the most common product that we see from them. Go look at the professional reviews for TCL and RCA TVs... most will say you are better off spending a little more for Vizio tv that is also made in China.
    Hyundais and Kias were also known to build crap back then. Remember the the Hyundai Pony? Now Hyundais these days have higher transaction prices than Toyotas.

Just because a company once built crap for a price point doesn't mean it will always just build crap forever. Reserve judgement till you actually see one in person.

I'm not a BlackBerry (in fact I should hate them for continuing driving PKBs down a spiral), but what is fair is fair.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-05-16 10:14 AM
    Hyundais and Kias were also known to build crap back then. Remember the the Hyundai Pony? Now Hyundais these days have higher transaction prices than Toyotas.

Just because a company once built crap for a price point doesn't mean it will always just build crap forever. Reserve judgement till you actually see one in person.

I'm not a BlackBerry (in fact I should hate them for continuing driving PKBs down a spiral), but what is fair is fair.
    Well, when it comes to cars, China still builds crap... And with those Korean cars you listed, while they've made big improvements from before, i would never pay more for one of them than a Toyota. I'm a Ford guy myself, but when it comes to imports I have the most faith in Toyota, then maybe Honda...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-05-16 10:24 AM
    Well, when it comes to cars, China still builds crap... And with those Korean cars you listed, while they've made big improvements from before, i would never pay more for one of them than a Toyota. I'm a Ford guy myself, but when it comes to imports I have the most faith in Toyota, then maybe Honda...

http://jalopnik.com/why-the-chinese-...s-a-1383336053
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.autob...oid-blackberry
    10-05-16 10:38 AM
    Like ToniCipriani said, I'm not talking past performance. If we're talking that then BlackBerry is king. Also, I'm not talking TVs. I'm talking phones and their phones in 2016, Who reviewed the phones nowadays and said they're bad in terms of quality or build?
    10-05-16 11:00 AM
    OMG, the entire country of China has just developed one car that doesn't guarantee to kill you if you have a fender bender? Hey, I'm happy for them, but that doesn't change anything. There are plenty of Japanese, American, and even German cars that meet or exceed the required safety standards to be sold in the Western world and has been for a long time that are still crap. I won't name them though... :-P

10-05-16 11:05 AM
    OMG, the entire country of China has just developed one car that doesn't guarantee to kill you if you have a fender bender? Hey, I'm happy for them, but that doesn't change anything. There are plenty of Japanese, American, and even German cars that meet or exceed the required safety standards to be sold in the Western world and has been for a long time that are still crap. I won't name them though... :-P

So essentially you're saying your opinion full of it.
    10-05-16 11:23 AM
    Like ToniCipriani said, I'm not talking past performance. If we're talking that then BlackBerry is king. Also, I'm not talking TVs. I'm talking phones and their phones in 2016, Who reviewed the phones nowadays and said they're bad in terms of quality or build?
    Just one review:
    FOR
    Great screen
    Stock Android
    Added security
    AGAINST
    Patchy performance
    Pricier than competition
    Lacks premium build quality

"All in all, the BlackBerry Priv is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to design. I love the slider action and the dual-curved display, but it's let down by a weighty construction and creaky plastic."
    10-05-16 11:26 AM
    Just one review:
    FOR
    Great screen
    Stock Android
    Added security
    AGAINST
    Patchy performance
    Pricier than competition
    Lacks premium build quality

"All in all, the BlackBerry Priv is a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to design. I love the slider action and the dual-curved display, but it's let down by a weighty construction and creaky plastic."
    What are you talking about? I mean in relation to my quoted post.
    10-05-16 11:34 AM
65 123