Almost ordered the DTEK last night and decided to wait till today, after leaving the site, with phone in my cart, I got an email titled "we forgot to say thank you"...blah blah don't go etc. At the bottom was this in the fine print:

This message was sent by or on behalf of BlackBerry Limited (“BlackBerry”).

*The BlackBerry online store is operated by Digital River, an authorized Blackberry e-commerce re-seller.

**Free Domestic Ground offer expires within 30 days.
    To get free 2 day shipping update the shipping method to “US Domestic Express (2 Days)”

You see the last line? (To get free 2 day shipping update the shipping method to “US Domestic Express (2 Days)” ) Well...when I went to order today, there was a charge for 2 day, so I did the customer service chat...bottom line...it was a "system error" I said "no, it's a human error...a human wrote that." A top notch company would have honored the "mistake" and fixed the wording in the email...
    I ordered anyway and am hoping I never need anything from BB re repair or service. My only perverse satisfaction was that they spent a hell of a lot more than $5.61 in employee time denying me! anyway...I am looking forward to the phone and more time on this site! And I really don't wish the company ill...I wish them improvement in customer relations!
    01-13-17 03:03 PM
    Almost ordered the DTEK last night and decided to wait till today, after leaving the site, with phone in my cart, I got an email titled "we forgot to say thank you"...blah blah don't go etc. At the bottom was this in the fine print:

*The BlackBerry online store is operated by Digital River, an authorized Blackberry e-commerce re-seller.

To get free 2 day shipping update the shipping method to “US Domestic Express (2 Days)”

You see the last line? (To get free 2 day shipping update the shipping method to “US Domestic Express (2 Days)” ) Well...when I went to order today, there was a charge for 2 day, so I did the customer service chat...bottom line...it was a "system error" I said "no, it's a human error...a human wrote that." A top notch company would have honored the "mistake" and fixed the wording in the email...
    I ordered anyway and am hoping I never need anything from BB re repair or service. My only perverse satisfaction was that they spent a hell of a lot more than $5.61 in employee time denying me! anyway...I am looking forward to the phone and more time on this site! And I really don't wish the company ill...I wish them improvement in customer relations!
    Hopefully Digital Rivers customer relations will improve... or maybe TCL will find another way to sell their BlackBerry branded phones to consumers.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-13-17 03:06 PM
    The funny thing is...it's really a little thing...but these little things create an image of a company. I realize my "complaint" is close to dickheadedness...5 bucks! but from a customer service POV better for them to spend it than me to lose it...they'd gain a really loyal customer, who would feel in their debt!
    01-13-17 03:36 PM
    Old rule in business,
    Treat a customer well, they'll tell at least three people.
    Treat them badly, they'll tell everyone!
    Can't beat 'word of mouth'!

Posted via CB10
    JJonPB likes this.
    01-13-17 04:40 PM

I recently had to deal with BlackBerry's customer service. Same experience as you. Agents at the digital river call centre made the whole situation out to be my fault. I sincerely hope that you do not ever have to get any support from either digital river or BlackBerry HW support. If you even sense that your device has some kind of issue prior to the end of the return period, just send it back.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 08:49 PM
    This is why when I order my DTEK60 today I'll be ordering it from BHPhotoVideo.com.

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-14-17 04:09 AM
    There is no customer support from BlackBerry if you buy from B&H, a fine retailer who is responsible for your 12 month warranty and repairs. I had called BlackBerry's main sales number and it sounded like I was connected to some department in a tin shed on a remote Pacific island; their noisy automated phone system was barely functioning.
    01-14-17 08:56 AM
    There is no customer support from BlackBerry if you buy from B&H, a fine retailer who is responsible for your 12 month warranty and repairs. I had called BlackBerry's main sales number and it sounded like I was connected to some department in a tin shed on a remote Pacific island; their noisy automated phone system was barely functioning.
    Kudos for even FINDING a phone number!
    01-14-17 10:45 AM
    Hopefully Digital Rivers customer relations will improve... or maybe TCL will find another way to sell their BlackBerry branded phones to consumers.
    I doubt TCL will sell their phones through the same channels. We'll see when the Mercury is released as that would likely be the first phone whose inventory would be controlled by TCL.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-14-17 11:07 AM
    This is why when I order my DTEK60 today I'll be ordering it from BHPhotoVideo.com.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has it too for the same price. Unsure if it comes with the extras though, but pretty sure it should...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-14-17 11:12 AM
    The big problem with Amazon for me is Sales Tax. I'm not going to pay it when I don't have to.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by danp2000; 01-16-17 at 05:27 AM.
    01-14-17 01:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got mine from B&H, since they were the only ones willing to ship a 100-1 to Germany and had the bundle at the same price as amazon and BlackBerry.

Bought many items from them, never had to warranty anything.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-15-17 12:28 PM
    If you're in the UK, I would highly recommend buying BlackBerry hardware from Expansys. I've been on BB10 for years, have had warranty issues with a couple of handsets, as soon as BlackBerry started to give me the run-around, they stepped in and replaced with new.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 02:24 PM
    If you're in the UK, I would highly recommend buying BlackBerry hardware from Expansys. I've been on BB10 for years, have had warranty issues with a couple of handsets, as soon as BlackBerry started to give me the run-around, they stepped in and replaced with new.

Posted via CB10
    Alas, I'm in the states. I ordered from BB...we shall see. If I have any issues in the 30 day window, I'll return it and go with BH Photo- their reputation seems good from what I hear around here.
    01-15-17 08:55 PM
    I'm also in the USA and ordered my DTEK60 on Saturday at 6:15 EDT from BHPHOTOVIDEO.COM when their ordering opened back up. They close their ordering until 6:15 pm on Saturday because of their holy day which I respect.

It was shipped on Sunday at 11:09 am. I selected the FREE shipping so it won't arrive until Thursday. Did I mention in an earlier post that I don't like spending money I don't have to?

It did come with the FREE goods that used to come with it from ShopBlackBerry.com.

It'll be interesting to see which arrives first.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 05:25 AM