well my LG G5 is going back tomorrow to be returned under argos's extended christmas returns policy, reason, last 2 days she's started to cook and drinks its battery from 100% to 20% in 3 hours doing nothing, done a reset, something is properly wrong with it.

so 3 phones are on my list

Moto Z

OnePlus 3T

Blackberry DTEK60

The moto, the most polished of the 3 but only a 2500mah battery

OnePlus 3T, biggest battery 3500, and the 821 snapdragon, I have to admit it's the fav, butttttt, its a medium independent with the risk of going pop (look at Pebble)

and the DTEK has 3000mah, When hear about the mercury being the last Blackberry, I assume they mean the last in house Blackberry, with TCL now taking over hardware manufacture and Blackberry doing the software?

So, how are you guys finding the DTEK60?
    Mr_Ground likes this.
    01-10-17 03:44 PM
    If your interested in organization & Productivity, and your focus is email, messaging and security, the DTEK is the only way to go.

If gaming, videos and photos are of the highest importance, the other 2 phones are a better choice.
    01-10-17 04:32 PM
    DTEK HW quality doesn't appear to be very good. If you get it keep a close eye on it and be ready to return it. Many users are having battery drain issues, laginess, etc. My touch screen failed after 5 weeks. I personally wouldn't recommend this device. TCL must have really cheaped out on the components.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 11:36 PM
    Looks like it'll be the OnePlus 3T then, o2 are selling them unlocked in store.

shame, I still like blackberry, but reliability is king.
    01-11-17 12:29 AM
    DTEK HW quality doesn't appear to be very good. If you get it keep a close eye on it and be ready to return it. Many users are having battery drain issues, laginess, etc. My touch screen failed after 5 weeks. I personally wouldn't recommend this device. TCL must have really cheaped out on the components.

Posted via CB10
    Uuuuh, the Dtek60 is actually pretty solid. Op, why don't you browse the dtek60 forums and educate yourself by reading about people's experienced with the device instead of making your choice on potential hear-say?

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ and Randal Yandal like this.
    01-11-17 12:54 AM
    I'd go for the 1+ personally...

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    01-11-17 01:17 AM
    A large majority of the things you hear about phones online is negative, since those people need help, and those with working devices normally don't.

My DTek60(Argon) is freaking amazing. I had a Samsung S5 previously, and hated it and Android. Also had a Z10 on BB10 and loved it, so I was reluctant to move back to Android. I have seen the issues people are posting here, and have never experienced any of them. I haven't seen those other two, but I would recommend the DTek to you for sure.
    01-11-17 02:59 AM
    One plus 3t better os customization you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 04:03 AM
    OP, the OnePlus 3T would be the best phone you will have ever owned. Since Hub+ is available for all android devices, you won't need a DTek. Of the 3 devices you've listed, the 3T has unparalleled support, unparalleled community support, and is future proof. I own a Oneplus One, and although it's old it is still the best phone I've EVER owned. I'm already on Nougat, and community support hasn't stopped at all.
    Attached Thumbnails convince me-1484131092778.jpg   convince me-1484131110770.jpg  
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-11-17 04:39 AM
    OP, the OnePlus 3T would be the best phone you will have ever owned. Since Hub+ is available for all android devices, you won't need a DTek. Of the 3 devices you've listed, the 3T has unparalleled support, unparalleled community support, and is future proof. I own a Oneplus One, and although it's old it is still the best phone I've EVER owned. I'm already on Nougat, and community support hasn't stopped at all.
    You're making me curious about this phone now Thurgood Jenkins!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-11-17 06:15 AM

convince me-img-20170111-wa003.jpg

This on oneplus 3T hehehe...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-11-17 06:55 AM
    Praise for the 3T is consistent across the board if you do your research.

Best bang for your money - unless you can snag an S7 for $465 cad like I did!

#whatisclassic
    01-11-17 12:59 PM
    its academic anyway, argos playing hardball and of course the G5 started behaving its self and not cooking and burning down it's battery.
    01-12-17 12:25 AM
    You're 3T is Nougat, good for you, it's also already been hacked like the Pixel and is not as Secure in the numerous ways the DTEK60 is as documented in the Crackberry review. I just Recieved my monthly security patch from BlackBerry and appreciate I ate fact BlackBerry android has never been hacked. I also appreciate my phone coming stock android, aside from the awesome BlackBerry software it was loaded with.

The DTEK60 will get Nougat, once BlackBerry has finished securing the OS in a manner it's satisfied with, I Much prefer that and the control DTEK gives me.

Watch this video to see why DTEK60 is better from UI perspective compared to everything else out there.

Lastly, the Hub will be ad free on BlackBerry, not 3T unless pay 99 cents a month. And swipe up to everything you want us awesome, watch video above.
    Last edited by sixer6; 01-12-17 at 06:17 AM.
    LoveMyLBZ and Bay 13 like this.
    01-12-17 05:56 AM
    I have to wait till the G5 goes completely Pete tong though, seems Sales of Goods (soga) got replaced with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 = refunds not as easy, then they are allowed one repair attempt, then refund.
    01-12-17 06:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ever since your exchange experience, you have been disparaging BB and the DTEK60 in almost every one of your posts. Wouldn't it be easier for you to just dump this phone on Craigslist, eBay, or Swappa? Life is short, so why keep using a phone that has such negative associations for you?
    01-12-17 01:22 PM
    well my LG G5 is going back tomorrow to be returned under argos's extended christmas returns policy, reason, last 2 days she's started to cook and drinks its battery from 100% to 20% in 3 hours doing nothing, done a reset, something is properly wrong with it.

so 3 phones are on my list

Moto Z

OnePlus 3T

Blackberry DTEK60

The moto, the most polished of the 3 but only a 2500mah battery

OnePlus 3T, biggest battery 3500, and the 821 snapdragon, I have to admit it's the fav, butttttt, its a medium independent with the risk of going pop (look at Pebble)

and the DTEK has 3000mah, When hear about the mercury being the last Blackberry, I assume they mean the last in house Blackberry, with TCL now taking over hardware manufacture and Blackberry doing the software?

So, how are you guys finding the DTEK60?
    I don't use Facebook, but others were reporting that something server-side at FB was causing the drain. Has the drain subsided on your G5 or have you returned it already?

As for the battery in the DTEK60, it might be smaller than the other ones, but it has legs! The phone is surprisingly efficient,* lasting me 1-2 days on a charge. Even if I am at 30%, this phone can last the next 8 hours with moderate usage, so I really don't have battery anxiety.

* I don't have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media app on my phone. I have 1 gmail account and 3 Exchange accounts syncing. For messaging I only use Hangouts and the occasional SMS. I get 50-100 emails/day. I have a minimal set of apps installed: a few networking utilities, eBay and PayPal apps, my banking app, etc.

I browse (Chrome) a lot on the phone with screen brightness set to around 20-30% with adaptive brightness on. I get 5-6 hours SOT on my busy days when I charge daily, 3-4 hours SOT total over 2 days when I use it less.
    LoveMyLBZ and Bay 13 like this.
    01-12-17 01:38 PM
    I just have the Dtek50 but my wife has the Dtek60 and likes it a lot once she got used to Android OS. We are a BB family because we live local to Waterloo and know people that work there. Kind of like shopping locally I guess.

I must admit I just looked up that 3t and it looks pretty great spec wise. Very similar to the Dtek60 overall. Screen resolution is less, no microSD so you may be forced to pay up for the 128GB version when available. Hard to beat the BB virtual keyboard. One thing I do like about BB also is the nearly stock Android experience. Not sure about the One plus overlay without trying it. I think I would like the aluminum back better on the 3t than the glass one on the Dtek60. I don't put a cover on my phones but if you do then it doesn't matter what the phone material is.

Still very interesting phone for sure at that price point and specs. Good luck with your decision
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-12-17 07:56 PM
    One plus 3t better os customization you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    Not true at all.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-12-17 10:48 PM
    I have been very satisfied with my DTEK60 purchase. The device is solid and very smooth. I had a PRIV previously and have a work issued iPhone. I think the camera is the only thing that doesn't beat the other big players in the market. That being said under normal conditions it works fine. The other aspect for me is that in Canada it was at least 400$ cheaper than the Pixel XL and iPhone 7 plus. Of course you have a very competitively priced device in your list. The only thing I can say is consider the OS if you have used a BlackBerry before and like the productivity advantage, keyboard and security then the DTEK60 is a no brainer. As well the Snapdragon 820 processor and 4 GB of Ram has handled any game or other high intensity task thrown at it. Good luck with your choice. I can't help suggesting to buy a DTEK60 and if you don't like it after the first week then send it back and get the one plus 3T. That way you will have given it a chance.
    Remember like all new phones it takes a few days for everything to be synced and updated so battery will not be optimum during those first few days.
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-13-17 04:59 PM
    No SD card in the OP3 though... any plans for a future OnePlus to have an SD card?
    01-13-17 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really! The build quality of my Dtek60 is as good as my IPhone 6S. The software is definitely better suited to efficient messaging than the IPhone. I also think the phone excels at media playback due to the state of the art screen and terrific speakers.
    Bay 13 and LoveMyLBZ like this.
    01-13-17 07:23 PM
    The Axon 7 is a really nice phone and it is less than 400.00.
    01-13-17 08:56 PM
    The Axon 7 is a really nice phone and it is less than 400.00.
    I don't know if you are saying this out of experience, but I pre-ordered the Axon 7 and returned it on the last day I could to B&H. So I had 28-ish days with it and came to the same conclusion as Android Police did: decent hardware ruined by crappy software.

As an example, one of it's many software faults was missing phone encryption. You just simply couldn't turn on encryption. If your Exchange administrator required that your phone have disk encryption turned on, then you were SOL because you just couldn't. This by itself was a deal breaker for many. Period.

Another example was a notification "Bell" that you had to press to see your notifications. According to ZTE, this was done so that you could see more of the lockscreen wallpaper, a basic function they enhanced by rotating the image every once in a while. So basically ZTE was saying: who needs notifications?!?! So old school.... look at this beautiful wallpaper!!!

There were many other software issues as well, such as lack of support for VoLTE, HD calling, and Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile USA. So even if the issues above weren't deal breakers, these certainly were.

Then we started to realize that there were some hardware problems as well. For example, while the hardware capacitive keys looked ok in principle, in daily usage they were rubbish. First, they were unlit, and second, they were squished together towards the center instead of spaced out evenly. Using the phone at night was a comedy of errors. I would often hit the wrong key. I found myself hating the phone when I hit the wrong key and a strange sense of satisfaction of prevailing in the face of adversity when I hit a few keys correctly in a row. I need my phone to work, not to take me on an emotional roller-coaster.

Then, as people took this new phone to familiar places and started using it and running speed tests, we realized that we were getting 6-10 dB/m LESS signal strength than a comparable phone with the same SIM card at the same time and location. This meant no reception in places where they got 1-2 bars on their previous phones. This was bolstered by speed tests showing much lower scores than other comparable phones. ZTE admitted to the issue and promised a software fix in the first patch. That didn't fix it, and neither did the second patch. We, as owners, concluded that it was likely a antenna design issue that was not likely to be ever fixed by software. So there, Android Police was half right and half wrong: It's half baked hardware further ruined by bad software.

I followed their forum for a few more weeks and you could just feel the energy draining from those owners. People kept pleading for the same things to be fixed and the moderators had no answers to owners because they had no answers themselves. I feel bad for the folks who didn't return their phones in time, hoping that the next patch will fix things up...

So no, I don't think the Axon 7 is a good option if you want a phone that does most things well without pissing you off..
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-14-17 12:23 AM
    My stepson has one on ATT. I don't think he has complained about any of those issues. He's always playing BS games with the volume turned up. The speakers are awesome on it.

I personally do not like the software on it either, but it is fast.

I'm old and have the iPhone 6 Plus, and just waiting for the 'mercury or price to drop on the 60. On the other hand, I may also buy the 50, all I use it for is youtube, surfing, and email.
    01-15-17 10:14 PM