My convenience key is set up for the NFC setting page! Unfortunately I was not able to find any other ways to quickly turn NFC on and off!
    It really sucks that I can't add it to my quick settings menu like in my passport!

My 3 swipe up gestures are : settings, HUB, voicemail !
    It really sucks that there is no visual voicemail on android!!

Man I miss my Passport, the android os is really naked and all the basic functions from bbos10 require so much more work or 3rd party apps to be accomplished on android!
    There is Visual Voicemail, just depends on your carrier. AT&T, Verizon and T-Mo all have it on the Priv and DTEK devices.
    12-16-16 05:49 PM
    I think the point is that what you set is personal.... But using the launcher, productivity tab and convenience key in combination will maximize productivity, according to your needs. Through the productivity tab I quickly get contacts, tasks and calendar from anywhere in two easy steps. I get phone from anywhere in one step from the convenience key. A left up swipe from the launcher gives me the hub in one swipe. An up swipe gives me google Keep, and now a left up swipe gives me a file manager from anywhere. I change these from anywhere. Honestly these combinations don't give me the same productivity as the Passport on bb10, but it's pretty good.
    12-20-16 05:48 AM
    Convenience Key set to my current music app, so I can tap and forget in the car or gym, it just starts right up.

Haven't done swipes yet, but after these suggestions, I'm thinking toggle wifi/BT, and hub.
    12-20-16 11:13 AM
    Could we get a swipe up to minimize current app ( go to home screen like in BB10), and the left most homepage ONLY a full screen Hub? That'd be great, mmkay.
    12-20-16 11:16 AM
    Could we get a swipe up to minimize current app ( go to home screen like in BB10), and the left most homepage ONLY a full screen Hub? That'd be great, mmkay.
    To answer your questions:
    #1 is achieved with the middle circle button; I'm assuming you'd need root access to change that functionality.
    #2 can be done with the Hub widget, there are several posts scattered around (and an article by I think DJ) explaining how to do it. No, it's not baked into the OS, but it's a fairly decent alternative. I used it for a time but it didn't really improve my productivity.
    12-20-16 06:54 PM
    To answer your questions:
    #1 is achieved with the middle circle button; I'm assuming you'd need root access to change that functionality.
    #2 can be done with the Hub widget, there are several posts scattered around (and an article by I think DJ) explaining how to do it. No, it's not baked into the OS, but it's a fairly decent alternative. I used it for a time but it didn't really improve my productivity.
    #1 but could it go to recents? I suppose the square button does that, but it's not always visible, so it's a swipe up from the bottom, then a press. Trying to get to 1 motion/press to complete tasks.

#2 Thank you, I'll check it out.
    12-21-16 02:42 AM
    You'd probably need root access to change that functionality. Might change in the future but I doubt it.
    12-21-16 06:58 PM
    My key is set up for my mobile payment app (RBC) .

Once Android Pay is released in Canada it will be set up for that.
    In the UK we don't need the app open. If Android Pay is set up, you just touch your phone to it and it works. You can also enable a setting for it to work when your screen is off I think. But yeah if it's the same over there, you won't need to open the app.

Oh, unless of course you wanna choose to pay with a different card... but depending on how often that is, may not be worth using up a shortcut!
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    12-23-16 05:20 AM
    In the UK we don't need the app open. If Android Pay is set up, you just touch your phone to it and it works. You can also enable a setting for it to work when your screen is off I think. But yeah if it's the same over there, you won't need to open the app.

Oh, unless of course you wanna choose to pay with a different card... but depending on how often that is, may not be worth using up a shortcut!
    Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. All I need now is for Android to release it in Canada.
    12-23-16 06:18 AM
    Does anybody know if it possible to use the convenience key as a Call/End Button?
    I would expect to start a call is a contact is opened and otherwise open the contacts app and of course answer when a call comes in...?
    12-29-16 09:40 AM
    As far as I know the convenience key can only be used to mute a call during a call and the power key will end the call.
    12-29-16 09:51 AM
    As far as I know the convenience key can only be used to mute a call during a call and the power key will end the call.
    Not necessarily, there are apps available that can reassign hardware buttons to different functions. See earlier in the thread.
    12-29-16 01:39 PM
    Not necessarily, there are apps available that can reassign hardware buttons to different functions. See earlier in the thread.
    So which app changes the convience key to answer a call when the phone is locked , that would be handy !
    12-29-16 03:14 PM
    So which app changes the convience key to answer a call when the phone is locked , that would be handy !

You can use apps to remap the key to whatever action you want. On the Priv, at least, I still haven't figured out how to do it on the DTEK60. I used this app below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper
    I personally haven't tried looking for the answer/hang up command but if it's possible, you'll find it with this app.
    12-29-16 08:57 PM
    I personally haven't tried looking for the answer/hang up command but if it's possible, you'll find it with this app.
    Thanks for the link i will try it out later when i have some free time.
    12-30-16 02:41 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD