Has anyone noticed the power cord has a different slot then the priv or basic androids so you can't use charger from other phones . They only provide one cord so if you have a high speed charger and a regular charger you only have one input cord. Not sure where to buy this new connection cord
    10-27-16 01:44 PM
    It's a USB-C connector. Any USB Type C should work with it.

I don't see any new cables or chargers on shopblackberry for it yet though.
    10-27-16 01:48 PM
    There are adapters online for 2 bucks if you want to retain some of your old cords / chargers.
    10-27-16 02:10 PM
    Has anyone noticed the power cord has a different slot then the priv or basic androids so you can't use charger from other phones . They only provide one cord so if you have a high speed charger and a regular charger you only have one input cord. Not sure where to buy this new connection cord
    Type C connector also gives quick charge 3.0 so time to upgrade chargers and cables. Amazon bought some cables different lengths. Couple quick charge3.0 home chargers and one for the car. Bought before the phone arrived. Gave all my old 2.0 chargers to a friend. Time to move forward.
    10-27-16 02:15 PM
    Type C connector also gives quick charge 3.0 so time to upgrade chargers and cables. Amazon bought some cables different lengths. Couple quick charge3.0 home chargers and one for the car. Bought before the phone arrived. Gave all my old 2.0 chargers to a friend. Time to move forward.
    Got some links?
    10-27-16 02:31 PM
    Got some links?
    Search Amazon. Unfortunately it's a sizable investment to get a few new cords. Kinda sucks when you have a BlackBerry Classic and a iPad in your house. Both of which will be switched to Type C USB Android devices in the next few months.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 10-27-16 at 03:16 PM.
    10-27-16 02:50 PM
    Type c is the new standard now.
    10-27-16 02:57 PM
    There are some good deals on USB Type C chargers that support Quickcharge 3.0 and include a bonus USB-C cable available on Amazon right now. In my neck of the woods we even have same-day Amazon shipping, so they ended up getting here 2 days before the phone will (even though I only live an hour from the BlackBerry fulfillment center myself...)
    10-27-16 10:48 PM
    It's USB Type C, the new standard. USB 3.1 speeds, faster charging and a reversible plug.
    10-28-16 01:59 AM
    check this thread out should definitely help.
    10-28-16 05:33 AM
    There are some good deals on USB Type C chargers that support Quickcharge 3.0 and include a bonus USB-C cable available on Amazon right now. In my neck of the woods we even have same-day Amazon shipping, so they ended up getting here 2 days before the phone will (even though I only live an hour from the BlackBerry fulfillment center myself...)
    You guys got any links to what you think are the best ones at Amazon? Thanks
    10-28-16 06:32 AM
    You guys got any links to what you think are the best ones at Amazon? Thanks
    In the not-so-distant past, Amazon banned cheaply built USB-C cables that didn't meet acceptable standards. So realistically, all you really need to do is look for the best price/deal (taking into account what length you want, number of cables in the bundle, and whether you need USB 3 or 3.1 support).
    10-28-16 07:25 AM
    In the not-so-distant past, Amazon banned cheaply built USB-C cables that didn't meet acceptable standards. So realistically, all you really need to do is look for the best price/deal (taking into account what length you want, number of cables in the bundle, and whether you need USB 3 or 3.1 support).
    Usb 3 or 3.1 ? I have the new Dtek60 does it need one or the other? I guess one is faster then the other? Not sure what is the difference. Thanks
    10-28-16 07:29 AM
    Usb 3 or 3.1 ? I have the new Dtek60 does it need one or the other? I guess one is faster then the other? Not sure what is the difference. Thanks
    USB 3 or 3.1 is dependent upon what your Dtek60 would be plugged into (ie.. the usb port at the computer/wall-charger end). Since the charger you received with the phone already has a cable (and is probably 3.1), you need not concern yourself with that one. Not all computers have USB 3.1 ports, mainly because the data speeds of even Solid State Drives currently wouldn't tax the data speed of 3.0. So even if you have a computer with USB 3.1 ports, you wouldn't see any slowdown if you used 3.0 cables. And the data speed is determined by the lowest protocol supported between port and cable. ie.. if you use a 2.0 cable on a 3.0 port, you'll only see 2.0 speeds (as well if you use a 3.0 cable on a 2.0 port).

So IMHO, 3.0 will be just fine. But nor would it hurt to buy 3.1 cables simply to be a bit future proof (to be honest, I don't know that there's much cost difference between 3.1 and 3.0, but I haven't looked too heavily into it).
    10-28-16 07:37 AM
    Thank you
    10-28-16 07:39 AM