Hi all,

Already posted this on the bb Forum, but no answers so far.
    i have a problem connecting the dtek60 with my seat leon (2016) for usage with android auto. I previously used a HTC and everything worked fine. With the Dtek60 i just get a message (German "USB: Geräte Fehler" or "USB: Device Error"). The error message appears without even starting android auto. It seems to be a general USB problem. I tried different usb cables (15cm), USB Debug Mode, all USB Modes (Charge, Media Transfer Protocoll, PTP, etc), several restarts (DTEK and Car-System), older Version of Android Auto, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Anselm
    mryan55 likes this.
    01-01-17 04:16 PM
    Hmm.. only thing I can think of would be to download the BlackBerry Virtual Expert and see if it finds any errors with the USB, if it reports as fine, I'd wipe the device and see if it still has issues with it after that. Not ideal, but won't hurt to rule it out. If it's still broke after that, not sure.
    01-01-17 04:40 PM
    the radio wouldn't happen to be a alpine or pioneer one as it seems they do have problems with android auto and usb connectivity ....

BTW I thought AA connected via bluetooth....maybe that's the problem?
    01-01-17 05:48 PM
    As far as I know Android Auto and CarPlay both connect via USB. I work for an auto OEM, however compared to some of our competition we are late to the party with rolling out both so I don't all of the particulars.
    01-01-17 06:10 PM
    Hi all,

Already posted this on the bb Forum, but no answers so far.
    i have a problem connecting the dtek60 with my seat leon (2016) for usage with android auto. I previously used a HTC and everything worked fine. With the Dtek60 i just get a message (German "USB: Geräte Fehler" or "USB: Device Error"). The error message appears without even starting android auto. It seems to be a general USB problem. I tried different usb cables (15cm), USB Debug Mode, all USB Modes (Charge, Media Transfer Protocoll, PTP, etc), several restarts (DTEK and Car-System), older Version of Android Auto, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
    Anselm
    If you connect your phone to your laptop via USB does the connection work? Can your laptop see your phone and can you transfer files to and from? Just thinking if we can narrow this down to an actual issue with the USB port in general vs. a connection issue to your head unit.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 09:54 PM
    Hi,

thanks for the ideas. BB Virtual Expert recognizes the Connection but the USB Tests are a bit confusing.

The usb port works fine with pc datatransfer. And it doesn't matter if bluetooth is connected or not in the car, but i need usb für Android Auto anyway. Has anybody successfully connected some BB phone with Android Auto?

Cheers
    Anselm
    01-02-17 02:10 AM
    Hi,

thanks for the ideas. BB Virtual Expert recognizes the Connection but the USB Tests are a bit confusing.

The usb port works fine with pc datatransfer. And it doesn't matter if bluetooth is connected or not in the car, but i need usb für Android Auto anyway. Has anybody successfully connected some BB phone with Android Auto?

Cheers
    Anselm
    I've never tried as I turn Android Auto off, but I'll try it in about an hour and let you know
    01-02-17 03:34 AM
    hi

Blackberry isn't listed as a supported device, its likely that all the VAG group is the same

http://www.seat.com/content/dam/publ...martphones.pdf

Regards
    01-04-17 03:35 AM
    hi

Blackberry isn't listed as a supported device, its likely that all the VAG group is the same

Regards
    Thx. That is bad news. I thought at least mirror link should work.
    01-04-17 05:54 AM
    Sorry for the delay. I'm sitting in my car right now and set up Android Auto as easy as pie, and using all of its features. Definitely works with nothing missing
    01-04-17 12:44 PM
    hi

Regards
    As far as I'm aware, it wouldn't need to list this specific BlackBerry device. It should still work due to running a standard version of Android Marshmallow. With out checking, I could bet my car's manual doesn't list the DTEK60 as a compatible device.

I'm driving a 2016 Vauxhall Corsa
    01-04-17 12:47 PM
    Thank you. So it is a seat problem. I read somewhere that vw has some kind of blacklist implemented, which possibly blocks bb devices.
    01-04-17 04:40 PM
    same problem here on 2015 golf 7 GTE...
    all other devices work, only not the dtek60.
    also used older android auto app.... same problem.
    updated vw radio with latest fw... same problem.
    mib 2 high system.
    01-30-17 04:21 PM