My DTEK60 has been having major issues lately. This is just my most recent.

Details:

- Phone won't charge if I plug it into a charger. No lightning bolt indicator or "charging" in battery settings
    - I have tried multiple chargers, multiple cords, and yes the chargers work on other phones
    - The phone gives no indication of a cord being plugged in
    - I have one charger that has a high pitch noise (glitch?) and the noise changes when I plug in the phone but still no charging. This charger gave a change in noise when the phone did work and charge properly. So with this I feel like the charger and phone are "communicating"
    - I have left the phone on the chargers for hours and the phone does not charge. The battery percentage goes down.
    - I have not installed any new apps lately. Technically deleted BlackBerry Calendar and re-installed. That's it

What does work:
    - Having the phone plugged in to any charger and restarting the phone. When the phone finishes booting up the battery indicator says charging and the battery will charge completely up to 100%
    - If I remove the charger cord at any time the charging will stop and will not restart if I plug it back in. I would have to restart the phone again to get it to charge again

Anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts?

Factory reset the phone? Throw it in the garbage, lol?

Update#1 (Aug 3rd)
    - Tried Safe Mode (Didn't work)
    - Tried Factory Reset (Didn't work)

Update #2 (Aug 16th)
    - Tried reinstalling the OS without any settings reapplied (Google) and still no success
    - I have contacted BlackBerry Mobile and they are sending me a new device
    Last edited by brian4591; 08-16-17 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Added updates
    07-20-17 01:52 PM
    Do you have developer mode enabled? If so, disable it. If not, do a factory reset. If the issue remains after that, it's time to look at hardware concerns.
    brian4591 likes this.
    07-20-17 03:49 PM
    do you have a quick charge 3.0 compatible charger? I had problems charging mine until I used the correct charger. yes quick charge 3.0 is backwards compatible but once I started using it my phone and battery problems just went away.
    07-21-17 04:58 AM
    Do you have developer mode enabled? If so, disable it. If not, do a factory reset. If the issue remains after that, it's time to look at hardware concerns.
    Holy crap Bla1ze that was the problem. I turned off developer mode and System UI Tuner and cleared cache / data of the "settings app". All good now.

I don't know what might have happened as I am never playing with the System UI Tuner or Developer options. Slim possibility my kid could have touched something when playing with my phone.

FYI - It also seems the phone is running smoother...? We'll see...
    07-21-17 09:32 AM
    Sorry Bla1ze I lied. It's not working. It definitely fixed it for less than 24 hrs. But it is having the same issue.

The developer mode and system UI tuner are still off.

I might try clearing the "settings" app data / cache again and see what that does
    07-21-17 08:31 PM
    Can't prove what but...

Had trouble with mine. Would run down battery in couple hours, also battery was ~10°C too hot, as in 42-44°. All the time. Would run down when sleeping.

Came with universal charger back in October, I'm in USA.

Did factory reset, stopped using that charger. Let it sit and make sure it stayed cool ~35°C.

Even bought a 2nd DTEK60 as spare backup in case it was hardware, worried about 🔋 overheating or worse.

New unit has standard USA BlackBerry charger and used that. Plus i have Anker 5 port chargers that i use, scattered around the house.

My fear would be that the USBC port on phone got damaged. It use to be fine, so something happened. All my equipment is on a UPS to protect from voltage events.

I don't know if software like battery monitoring are helpful or benign but i don't use 'em except to troubleshoot, then uninstall. The less, the better.

Too many cables and chargers are not standardized or work on all devices, and USBC is still new.
    07-23-17 10:58 AM
    My DTEK60 has been having major issues lately. This is just my most recent.

Details:

- Phone won't charge if I plug it into a charger. No lightning bolt indicator or "charging" in battery settings
    - I have tried multiple chargers, multiple cords, and yes the chargers work on other phones
    - The phone gives no indication of a cord being plugged in
    - I have one charger that has a high pitch noise (glitch?) and the noise changes when I plug in the phone but still no charging. This charger gave a change in noise when the phone did work and charge properly. So with this I feel like the charger and phone are "communicating"
    - I have left the phone on the chargers for hours and the phone does not charge. The battery percentage goes down.
    - I have not installed any new apps lately. Technically deleted BlackBerry Calendar and re-installed. That's it

What does work:
    - Having the phone plugged in to any charger and restarting the phone. When the phone finishes booting up the battery indicator says charging and the battery will charge completely up to 100%
    - If I remove the charger cord at any time the charging will stop and will not restart if I plug it back in. I would have to restart the phone again to get it to charge again

Anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts?

Factory reset the phone? Throw it in the garbage, lol?
    After less than a year of use, my Dtek60 has similar problems

1) Shuts off for no reason ;
    2) won't save camera photos ;
    3) sometimes doesn't charge overnight, even with BlackBerry official charger;
    4) incredibly slow;
    5) deletes photos when editing them;
    6) wipes out hundreds of photos for no reason ;
    7) drops calls or sound during calls.
    8) says "lack of memory" even when settings show plenty of space;
    9) won't permit PC access to docs or photos on phone when cabled to computer.

Time to switch to Samsung or Apple...
    07-23-17 09:09 PM
    OK still having major issues.

I tried booting up in safe mode. didn't fix it

I have now erased the whole phone and reloaded OS. It did restore the settings (might try again without this option) and it still doesn't charge.

I'll try once more without reloading the settings and see what happens.

Not happy
    08-03-17 11:03 AM
    Update:

- Tried reinstalling the OS without any settings reapplied (Google) and still no success
    - I have contacted BlackBerry Mobile and they are sending me a new device
    08-16-17 02:31 PM
    my phone does exactly the same. I went to a festival with a battery pack charger and it was charging for ages but the battery percentage was going down. need to restart to get it to charge and battery is often drained by dinner time. not happy with it at all
    08-16-17 05:32 PM
    my phone does exactly the same. I went to a festival with a battery pack charger and it was charging for ages but the battery percentage was going down. need to restart to get it to charge and battery is often drained by dinner time. not happy with it at all
    Sorry to say, I have tried everything and I believe it has to be a hardware issue with the device. Even though it sounds like a software issue. By reinstalling the OS back to factory and it still having the issue without anything installed means mine is faulty. Best of luck to you.
    08-16-17 06:09 PM
    I had this once with my device. A reboot fixed it, but it has worked ever since. had my device since March, and it was shortly after I got it that it happened...
    08-17-17 02:58 AM
    I too experienced similar issue yesterday. my device won't charge even if connected to charger. I did a 32 second reset n it got fixed.
    08-17-17 05:48 AM
    I had this problem a few months ago. I changed two settings that fixed the problem for me although I'm not sure if it just resolved itself. Under display settings I turned on daydream to clock and I changed the setting "show battery status on edge of screen" to only when screen is on.
    08-19-17 11:21 AM
    Have my DTEK60 since December 2016. Bought online from Canada, shipped to London then couriered to South Africa.
    Started having the same symptoms three days ago.
    Plug in charger, no fast charge.
    Only a reboot with the charger plug in allows fast changing again.

I hate feeling like a Guinea pig at my own expense...FFS.
    08-22-17 12:33 PM
    Well the good news is BlackBerry replaced my device.

The good/bad news is they sent me a KeyONE as a replacement and not a DTEK60. Are the DTEK60's all bound to have hardware problems and are not worth sending as a replacement...?
    08-30-17 03:19 PM