...for customers who live there anyway. About 200 countries in the world, about 820 carriers in the world, so maybe folks who live in a country other than the US might get carrier support.
    So you mean places where people still buy BlackBerry devices.
    09-28-16 07:31 AM
    Screen is effectively the only difference all around to any models that are already built. They basically took the display from a Idol 4S and jammed it into a TCL950. Which, isn't an already purchasable configuration but it's not like they don't already have the parts kicking around anyway.
    Is that a screen upgrade for the TCL950, or downgrade? I'm not familiar with the TCL950.
    09-28-16 07:33 AM
    Yes i agree and saw this video. I'm wondering about Troy's sources that BlackBerry doesn't do anything besides use what qualcomm already provides that other manufacturers just choose not to use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    They have to write the software to use those features I guess that counts as doing something, as well as using something that is already provided.
    09-28-16 07:37 AM
    Is that a screen upgrade for the TCL950, or downgrade? I'm not familiar with the TCL950.
    Upgrade.
    09-28-16 07:39 AM
    So you mean places where people still buy BlackBerry devices.
    Also in some countries / sectors of business, people get smartphones from their employer.
    09-28-16 07:40 AM
    ...for customers who live there anyway. About 200 countries in the world, about 820 carriers in the world, so maybe folks who live in a country other than the US might get carrier support.
    Are you sure?.....

"BlackBerry has signed one agreement already with a telecom joint venture in Indonesia. [B]BB Merah Putih will manufacture, distribute and promote BlackBerry-branded devices running the company's secure versions of Android software and applications for the Indonesian market. [/B]BlackBerry has the option to distribute these devices outside of Indonesia, but Chen said it is not likely to do so."
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-28-16 11:52 AM
    Hey! I like pretty pictures

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-28-16 07:40 PM
    They have to write the software to use those features I guess that counts as doing something, as well as using something that is already provided.
    That's right. BB is using common marketing spin to suggest that it's more than that - or that they're using some custom chipsets - but in fact, what they're doing is writing software that takes advantage of a Qualcomm hardware feature that most OEMs don't bother with. Which makes BB smart (why pay to reinvent the wheel you're already buying?), but it also means that their marketing spin is just a bit misleading - in exactly the way they want it to be.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-16 12:11 AM
    Yes i agree and saw this video. I'm wondering about Troy's sources that BlackBerry doesn't do anything besides use what qualcomm already provides that other manufacturers just choose not to use.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Troy's source is his cynicism about BB.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-30-16 11:49 AM
    awesome...not supported by the leading us carriers....epic fail.
    Because no other country matters besides the USA? #typical #iphonesheep.

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-30-16 01:01 PM
    Because no other country matters besides the USA? #typical #iphonesheep.

Posted via my DTEK50
    If you ever ran a business, the answer would be obvious.
    10-10-16 07:16 PM
    Troy's source is his cynicism about BB.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Well and that Qualcomm/Arm's Trustzone is well documented.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-16 01:24 AM
37 12