Hello everyone,

I expect I'm missing something simple here. For the first time today I plugged my Dtek60 into a Windows PC to transfer over some files. The PC remained oblivious to the fact that the phone was connected to it, and the phone did as well - no notifications or anything except that it started charging.

Now, I am using a micro USB to USB C adapter at the end of my USB cable to connect to my phone. Would that cause an issue?

Also my SD card is formatted as internal as I don't intend to remove it often if at all from my phone. Not sure if that is relevant but just in case.

So much for plug and play eh?

Thanks!
    01-03-17 08:17 AM
    I should have stated that I have also downloaded the BB drivers for Windows and installed them. Which is why I am scratching my head on this.
    01-03-17 09:19 AM
    And it was the USB cable. Replaced it with an other micro usb cable using the adapter and and all works as it should.
    tonythecanuck and LoveMyLBZ like this.
    01-03-17 12:53 PM
    Hi dude, I just wasted the whole afternoon trying to find out the same. Here are my findings. (1) BB Blend does not work for DTEKs. (2) You need to download a USB driver at https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608. (3) Once you have plugged the USB cable, you need to swipe from the top of your screen, tap on the USB notification which asks you to touch for more options, and select file transfers. (4) You should then find your BB in your laptop Explorer and be able to open its folders and transfer files. Why nobody tells at BB is a question I could not yet answer.
    01-05-17 12:14 PM
    Are you using Windows 10? If you are, you can try following the instructions below. It worked for me.

(1) Go to C:\Windows\INF

(2) Type "wpdmtp.inf" in search bar provided to the right of the address bar in Windows 10.

(3) Once you found it, just right click on it and select install. It will take a very few seconds.

(4) Connect your device to the pc.

I got these instructions from this link..

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-8089dfdbb0bf

Hope that helps.
    01-10-17 09:33 AM
    I would definitely use the cable that came with the phone. Same thing happened to me but once I used the cable that came with the phone it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 11:48 PM
    Hello everyone,

I expect I'm missing something simple here. For the first time today I plugged my Dtek60 into a Windows PC to transfer over some files. The PC remained oblivious to the fact that the phone was connected to it, and the phone did as well - no notifications or anything except that it started charging.

Now, I am using a micro USB to USB C adapter at the end of my USB cable to connect to my phone. Would that cause an issue?

Also my SD card is formatted as internal as I don't intend to remove it often if at all from my phone. Not sure if that is relevant but just in case.

So much for plug and play eh?

Thanks!
    Often it's a matter of going into the Dtek60 storage and memory settings to access the phone's memory and/or memory card.

Moreover, when you cable-in the phone to your PC, you also have to request access to share data on the phone with your PC. This has nothing to do with the cable.
    01-16-17 11:16 AM