hi , I am blackberry OS user. It was awesome but now I m forced to shift to android.

At now I m on BlackBerry Dtek60. The problem is this that it is not opening any business documents like excel , word, pdf but BlackBerry OS had by default capability to open these documents.

Now please tell me why it is not opening or recommend me any best BlackBerry free App for this.

Thanks
    02-20-18 01:44 AM
    have you downloaded the Microsoft office apps?
    Mecca EL and RumoredNow like this.
    02-20-18 02:50 AM
    Use Google Docs & Google Sheets. They'll open those files that you mentioned, and they're free.
    02-20-18 03:47 AM
    What are the default BlackBerry apps for this??
    02-20-18 10:44 AM
    What are the default BlackBerry apps for this??
    Unlike in BB10, Android BB doesn't have a native BlackBerry app for documents. If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft Word and Excel are pre-installed on the DTEK60, you just need to open them for the first time to update them. They're a bit on the heavy side of apps and sometimes they give me headaches syncing with Dropbox.

P.S.: Yes, you can go with the Google apps, I just don't like them personally

P.S.2: Speaking of BB10 native apps, I really miss BlackBerry's NFC writer app
    02-20-18 01:47 PM
    Use Google Docs & Google Sheets. They'll open those files that you mentioned, and they're free.
    Be careful here: Google Sheets are VERY problematic with macros. The scripting language that's included with Sheets is completely different from Excel.

We use Google Apps at work and Sheets does have some powerful features, but macro compatibility is NOT one of them!
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    02-20-18 04:30 PM
    No it don't have any pre installed document app.

What best app do you recommend for this??
    02-21-18 01:41 AM
    No it don't have any pre installed document app.

What best app do you recommend for this??
    Microsoft Word and Excel.
    02-21-18 09:40 AM
    Microsoft Word and Excel.
    Agreed.
    02-21-18 09:41 AM
    I use Microsoft Word and Excel on my BlackBerry DTEK60 as well and I highly recommend it. Previously I used a BlackBerry Z30 as my daily driver and I loved the native office apps it came with. I also have an Office 365 subscription so I have integration with OneDrive (Microsoft cloud) as well as Word and Excel on my PC. You do not need an Office 365 subscription to use OneDrive with the smartphone apps, but for me the end to end solution of being able to work on ALL Office apps (Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint) seamlessly on any device (smartphone, tablet, and PC) is nice.

Also I ended up getting an Office 365 subscription because I went over my storage limit of 30 GB on OneDrive and the Microsoft Office PC applications (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Publisher) are a nice bonus. I am on the 1 TB storage plan and it is CA$8.00 (US$6.30) a month. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that I did not get an Office 365 subscription sooner.
    02-21-18 05:46 PM
    Thank you for your help!
    02-22-18 09:41 AM