I like to use as much stock phone options and apps as possible when I get a new phone. With my DTek60, it has Android Messages as the default sms app. That was fine, but I also wanted to use the stock BB Keyboard. I love the flick typing, and it's a BB stock feature. Only problem is that with other virtual keyboards I've used, a lot of those have built in gif search. So in order for me to get that, I would have to start using a different sms app, (i downloaded Textra) or switch out my keyboard for something else. I also currently use Bitmoji, and the extra taps and then tapping back to regular keyboard to select the person you want to send it to is a little much.
    I then started just using the hub for texting, since I don't really use it as much as I would like, but still...any word on updates to the virtual keyboard?
    05-21-17 12:26 PM
    As far as I remember the BB app suite updates about quarterly, but with not much telegraphed in advance, and not every app in the suite is guaranteed feature updates per quarter. Taking a look at BlackBerry's past blog posts, the last feature update for the keyboard was in December 2016.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-21-17 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the info!!!
    05-21-17 01:31 PM
    Just downloaded the cobolt apk onto my nexus 7. All OK so far.
    05-22-17 05:41 AM