I just noticed this week that the outer lense of the camera on my DTEK60 is all cracked and one little piece has already fallen off.
    I've had this DTEK60 since January. Been loving it, but only had the BlackBerry rubber cover for it. Knowing it leaves the lense exposed as it sticks out further than the cover. This means that every time I set it down I've had to be concerned about scratches or damage. Ugh. Fears came true.
    So is this fixable folks?
    I cannot take pictures in sunny or bright light as it now has flares in the pictures from the broken lense cover.
    06-11-17 08:23 PM
    I don't have the answer, but is there a case that protects the camera?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-12-17 06:21 AM
    I don't have the answer, but is there a case that protects the camera?
    Dualpro cases. Adds about 2 mm over the camera.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    06-12-17 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the new cover suggestion. I really need to fix the lense or this is garbage for pics.
    seawage likes this.
    06-14-17 09:44 PM
    I have had my DTEK60 in the Incipio Duel Pro. Great case. Good quality and protects the camera. I am sorry to hear about your lens Super K. Given the small number of DTEK60's out there (we are a rare and special breed), parts might be available for the similar Alcatel hardware. Interested to know how you make out.
    06-15-17 07:39 AM
    We've been looking for the replacement parts for a while(mines busted too), and haven't been able to find them. Choices:
    1. Contact BlackBerry CS and ask them time frame, price, and whatnot to have them repair it.
    2. Get a dreamed, and a 4s lens, and shave it down to the right size, and do the repair yourself.
    3. Keep searching with the rest of us.
    Last edited by LoveMyLBZ; 08-02-17 at 03:43 PM.
    06-16-17 12:25 PM
    We've been liking for the replacement parts for a while(mines busted too), and haven't been able to find them. Choices:
    1. Contact BlackBerry CS and ask them time frame, price, and whatnot to have them repair it.
    2. Get a dreamed, and a 4s lens, and shave it down to the right size, and do the repair yourself.
    3. Keep searching with the rest of us.
    Dremel??
    06-16-17 01:43 PM
    I ordered this one for my 60. Haven't installed it yet cause the cracks on my lens cover don't affect the photos.
    It looks very close enough to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-95718.jpg  
    jas1978 likes this.
    06-16-17 04:58 PM
    The final solution is to send it in for repair. You can start with a phone call (1 877-255-2377). In the meantime, carefully remove the rest of the broken glass and snap away.

AND yes, get a darn case so when you set it down it's protected!
    06-17-17 04:59 AM
    I have the exact same issue, but the crack doesn't go over the lens.... LUCKY! Should probably still get it fixed though

Other than that... The DTEK60 is AMAZING. Finally happy with an Android BB.
    06-21-17 12:39 PM
    I ordered this one for my 60. Haven't installed it yet cause the cracks on my lens cover don't affect the photos.
    It looks very close enough to work.
    Well,

Before I got my K1...I ordered the LG Nexus 5 camera glass with adhesive strip as well. The glass diameter when placed on top of the D60 is pretty much exact. So with that being said, I took pictures.

1. Slowly and meticulously, using tweezers I picked at the center and slowly removed each piece.
    2. Once the glass was removed I placed it on the side.
    3. Then again with the tweezers, I slowly removed the adhesive strip.

*I USED COMPRESS AIR TO BLOW OUT ANY SMALL PIECES OF GLASS THAT WERE VISIBLE*

4. I slowly removed the LG Nexus 5 glass and carefully placed into the cleaned camera glass area.

5. *UNFORTUNATELY...THE DIAMETER OF THE NEXUS 5 GLASS IS PROBABLY .2mm - .5mm LARGER SO NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO MAKE IT SQUEEZE AND DROP DEAD CENTER...IT WILL NOT!

So for those of you...again the LG Nexus 5 camera glass is oh so slightly larger in diameter. I didn't have a micrometer to measure the LG's glass diameter but again I can assure you it's a fraction upon a fraction bigger in diameter.

So what did I do? I just made sure that I thoroughly used the compressed air to remove anything else that may be lodged that can't be seen and just used my D60 making sure not to place it on it's camera side to prevent crap, dust or what have you get inside. The camera at that point still took perfect pics.

Just before my K1 arrived (IOU Crackberry Meet Prize) my DTEK60's autofocus no longer worked. So I called Blackberry and am sending it in to have the camera repaired/replaced.

Hope this answers questions with regards to replacing the shattered glass with the oh so near perfect size LG Nexus 5 camera glass that one can get for $10Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-1.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-2.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-3.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-4.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-5.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-6.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-7.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-8.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-9.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-10.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-11.jpg
    ErnieH likes this.
    06-24-17 08:20 PM
    Don't know why the 11 pics repeats itself only in Crackberry app. (22 total)

When I use my desktop/laptop only 11 pics show.

Anyone know if this a Crackberry app issue?
    Last edited by qphone; 06-25-17 at 12:10 AM.
    06-24-17 11:48 PM
    Don't know why the 11 pics repeats itself only in Crackberry app. (22 total)

When I use my desktop/laptop only 11 pics show.

Anyone know if this a Crackberry app issue?
    Bug. Big bug. Been like that for awhile. Try using CB Forums app. Much better.
    06-25-17 05:37 AM
    Bug. Big bug. Been like that for awhile. Try using CB Forums app. Much better.
    Will do. Thx
    06-25-17 11:17 AM
    Well...

After sending my D60 to BlackBerry Repair Centre/Alcatel Repair Centre, my phone is back in pristine condition again with a new glass back, rear camera glass and camera all covered through my 1 year warranty.

I've given them full details as my phone was never dropped as they can see that the phone is mint with NO SCRATCHES or DAMAGES. It shattered when I laid it down on a kitchen counter only to find out later that the rear camera glass was shattered.

The only thing that's different is at the top of the rear side of the phone...you can zoom in to see that it's not clean. Perhaps it's the new replacement adhesive to put the new glass back on.

Oh well...beggars can't be choosers LOL! It was covered via the 1 year OEM warranty since I purchased it through shopblackberry.ca and the camera is working perfectly again and knowing that dust or any foreign particles can't get into the camera since the OEM rear camera glass is back in place.

Now just waiting for Telus to have 2 more $0/2 year contract K1's so I can give them to my wife and mother in-law and our 2 D60's including brand new OEM flipshell cases will go to my parents.

I'm not gonna let them use the OEM BlackBerry silicone case that came with the D60s as the camera bump still protrudes past the case by less than half of a millimeter that's why I got the flip shell case so that they wont risk shattering the rear camera glass.

Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050919.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050920.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050921.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050922.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050923.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050924.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050925.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050926.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050927.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050928.jpgCan I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-p1050930.jpg
    07-07-17 12:30 PM
    Well,

Before I got my K1...I ordered the LG Nexus 5 camera glass with adhesive strip as well. The glass diameter when placed on top of the D60 is pretty much exact. So with that being said, I took pictures.

1. Slowly and meticulously, using tweezers I picked at the center and slowly removed each piece.
    2. Once the glass was removed I placed it on the side.
    3. Then again with the tweezers, I slowly removed the adhesive strip.

*I USED COMPRESS AIR TO BLOW OUT ANY SMALL PIECES OF GLASS THAT WERE VISIBLE*

4. I slowly removed the LG Nexus 5 glass and carefully placed into the cleaned camera glass area.

5. *UNFORTUNATELY...THE DIAMETER OF THE NEXUS 5 GLASS IS PROBABLY .2mm - .5mm LARGER SO NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO MAKE IT SQUEEZE AND DROP DEAD CENTER...IT WILL NOT!

So for those of you...again the LG Nexus 5 camera glass is oh so slightly larger in diameter. I didn't have a micrometer to measure the LG's glass diameter but again I can assure you it's a fraction upon a fraction bigger in diameter.

So what did I do? I just made sure that I thoroughly used the compressed air to remove anything else that may be lodged that can't be seen and just used my D60 making sure not to place it on it's camera side to prevent crap, dust or what have you get inside. The camera at that point still took perfect pics.

Just before my K1 arrived (IOU Crackberry Meet Prize) my DTEK60's autofocus no longer worked. So I called Blackberry and am sending it in to have the camera repaired/replaced.

Hope this answers questions with regards to replacing the shattered glass with the oh so near perfect size LG Nexus 5 camera glass that one can get for $10Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	425901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	425902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	425903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	425904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Size:	331.7 KB 
ID:	425905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	242.6 KB 
ID:	425906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	425907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	425908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	425909Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	425910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	425911

Thank you very much for sharing. After reading that the lens cover of the LG g5 was not working, I went to Gsmarena and I picked up the popular phone To find a lens cover that would do on dtek 60. I measured the lens cover with respect to the phone case on the pictures. Knowing the exact measurements of the width of Phone, that gave me the size of the lens cover. I finally found the perfect lens cover. HTC One M8 . It's perfect. Not even 1/1000 difference. Exactly the same size. Here is the link where I ordered. Fast delivery and I have a phone like new.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/262274463030?_mwBanner=1
    07-24-17 06:37 PM
    Dremel??
    Yeah, autocorrected. It looks like someone got a good replacement glass in the 'HTC one m8' on ebay. I noticed they are on amazon too, including oem from HTC.
    08-02-17 03:45 PM
    Can you tell the replacement procedure? Mine isn't broken, but is scratched. I want to replace it. Thanks!
    08-14-17 01:33 AM
    As posted above, get an HTC M8 lens cover. It fits perfectly. However, at least the one I got (off eBay) is even more prone to scratches than the original one. So don't bother replacing it if your current one is not seriously damaged. The procedure as such is very simple: remove old cover with sharp instrument, press new cover on (should come with pre-installed adhesive).
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    08-14-17 05:50 AM
    mine exploded setting it down on a table as well, i think the metal ring shifted. they fixed it though.
    08-14-17 03:10 PM
    I bought the HTC M8 lens cover, and it is awesome how well it worked. I read about how it has a tint to it, so after installation, I went ahead and tried to rub off the 'tint'. Wound up rubbing it hard with lint free tech wipes and 99% alcohol, and found out there was another plastic cover on the front I didn't notice at first. Took it off, and haven't had a single scratch in 2 weeks, with very rough usage.
    I took a lot of photo's, I'll see if I can post the process.
    francisamc likes this.
    08-29-17 01:00 AM
    Yesterday I dropped my dtek 60 and the camera glass cracked. Felt bad and thought of getting it fixed asap. I couldn't find htc one m8 glass on the online sites and there's no bb authorised service here.

But here's the interesting part, we Indians are famous for our so called 'Jugaads' ( Hacks or innovative fix) . All I did was visit a mobile repair shoppe who guided me to a local watch repairer who dealt with glass products as well. To my surprise he did fix my glass, it's not as same as the original one as I needed it quick but he does do it as per requirement if given time . And it cost me less than a $. (INR 50 only)

Here are the shots of broken and fixed one.
    Attached Thumbnails Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-img_20180529_180923.jpg   Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-img_20180529_132451.jpg  
    05-29-18 10:31 AM
    CB app on z10 couldn't post image idk why so here they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Can I replace the lense cover which cracked on my DTEK60? :(-35734.jpg  
    05-29-18 12:13 PM
    It has been almost a year since I read this post as I was very concerned about the protruding camera on my new Dtek60.
    I ordered an Incipio DuoPro case before I started using it. so glad I did!! Thanks!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    05-29-18 03:25 PM
    Yesterday I dropped my dtek 60 and the camera glass cracked. Felt bad and thought of getting it fixed asap. I couldn't find htc one m8 glass on the online sites and there's no bb authorised service here.

But here's the interesting part, we Indians are famous for our so called 'Jugaads' ( Hacks or innovative fix) . All I did was visit a mobile repair shoppe who guided me to a local watch repairer who dealt with glass products as well. To my surprise he did fix my glass, it's not as same as the original one as I needed it quick but he does do it as per requirement if given time . And it cost me less than a $. (INR 50 only)

Here are the shots of broken and fixed one.
    Hi. It is easy to change?
    Is there any tutorial available?
    Thanks
    06-13-18 05:27 AM
27 12