Blackberry Camera Accessed your camera in the foreground Notification——-How do you turn it off!! ——I have read all the previous blogs and used common sense to turn off this notification. All notifications are off in setting and in Dtek—-nothing posted in the blogs or in my library of know how has worked to stop the camera from buzzing when it is turned on, and when I take a photo. Is this a bug/clitch? Has anyone had this problem and/or know how to deal with it. Thanks for your time.
    03-14-18 08:58 AM
    Open DTEK, Go to Apps and Permissions, Find BlackBerry Camera, Tap on the bell icon that says 'Notifications', turn everything off (or just camera if you wish). Voila.
    03-14-18 09:11 AM
    Bla1ze, I wish it was that easy. I have tried that and when it didn’t work the first time I reset the phone and tried it again. Do you have any other solutions/suggestions?
    03-14-18 09:23 AM
    Thank you again for your time and super honoured to have you respond!
    03-14-18 09:33 AM
    Good day, so I fixed the problem. It was almost like the camera was stuck in a loop because all the notifications were set to off but the dtek app kept notifiying me. I went to Developer Options (I know it can be dangerous) and opened running services. When I opened the dtek app it had a specific operation running so I stopped it and the notifications stopped. I restarted the phone and the problem started again so I then followed my first steps but before reseting I went into the dtek app and turned the notifications on and off. When I restarted my phone the second time the problem has not reoccured, wierd no...? At least it worked. Before figuring this all out I turned off almost all peeking and notifications in the system apps area. Do you think this will be a problem? Thanks again for helping.
    03-14-18 03:11 PM
    Do you think this will be a problem?
    Only a problem if you actually care about DTEK and its possible notifications. If you don't, it won't matter at all.
    03-14-18 11:41 PM
    I actually have the same problem. Tried turning on and then off the notification from the dtek app and didn't work. Also tried the developer options method but alas, it didn't work for me. This is really irritating. I hope somebody can help me find a sure method to fix this.
    03-15-18 07:32 AM
    Bla1ze, thanks! Dunendal, the problem reoccurred for me but I stopped the individual action again in the developer options and it is good again. Dtek is still running it is just stopping the one notification loop. Not perfect solution but it at least stops the constant buzzing while using the camera. Let me know if you find a better way. Cheers
    03-15-18 07:07 PM
    I'm following this because I have the same problem.
    03-16-18 07:02 PM
    And here's the weird thing, only blackberry camera has the annoying notification. When other apps use the camera, there is no notification. When accessing the camera through Whatsapp and Viber, the notification doesn't pop up. Only on Blackberry Camera. So I'm guessing this is an issue with the camera app and not the dtek app.
    03-20-18 10:59 AM
    When I use the K1 native video camera app it won't stop shooting after I tap stop. You have to close it and the video is not saved. This is happening frequently.
    03-20-18 10:08 PM
    There's many bugs in the K1
    03-20-18 10:10 PM
    My Dtek50 is doing this. Every time I access the camera I get a buzz, a sound, and a notification. I went to the Dtek app, found the camera app, all notifications are off.
    So I turned them on, closed the app, reopened the app, turned them off again. No difference.
    03-21-18 03:51 PM
    None of the suggested fixes work. Perhaps it is time to attempt legal action. Too bad that BlackBerry has no interest in resolving this issue, unless you are willing to pay to speak to someone.
    03-24-18 12:47 PM
    Try this one:

Open DTEK
    Open settings (three dots top right)
    Click on notifications
    Switch to permissions tab
    Select camera

Do you have a double entry for blackberry camera?
    03-24-18 12:51 PM
    It is set at OFF. Do not see double entry for Camera
    03-24-18 12:55 PM
    Did you try to delete the DTEK app cache and settings within the DTEK app settings? (Settings -> apps -> DTEK -> storage -> clear data & cache) and reboot your device immediately via 32 seconds method. You will start over with new DTEK config.
    You might try to force stop the camera first.
    mc97z34 and durendal like this.
    03-25-18 01:00 AM
    Did you try to delete the DTEK app cache and settings within the DTEK app settings? (Settings -> apps -> DTEK -> storage -> clear data & cache) and reboot your device immediately via 32 seconds method. You will start over with new DTEK config.
    bingo. FINALLY! thanks
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-27-18 10:38 AM

Wow, thanks. This worked. Although blackberry just had an update while I did this, so wasn't entirely sure if the update fixed this or it was the method. But still, I appreciate this.
    03-30-18 11:08 AM